Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 12:18 - Feb 20 with 2289 viewsRyorry

Here in N. Yorks. Yet no warnings nor name issued. Wind just as strong as others or even more so, + continuous heavy rain causing flooding. Cellar currently 4 inches deep in water, garden 2 feet (subsiding now I've put home-made floodboards up).

At least storms in S & W get bloomin names! I'll call this one Pootin unless anyone can think of a better one?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 12:28 - Feb 20 with 2241 viewsChurchman

I’m sorry to hear that. Flood damage is awful to deal with.

Here in Kent it’s breezy and set to get worse. My mate has a fair bit of roof damage from where his aerial was ripped out along with other tiles, so he’s a bit worried. I notice in Suffolk the wind is set to go over 60mph.

It’s a hunker down job.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 13:41]
Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 12:38 - Feb 20 with 2211 viewsTrumptonBlue

It had a name when they talked about it on the News this morning - Storm Franklin.
Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 12:43 - Feb 20 with 2201 viewsRyorry

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 12:28 - Feb 20 by Churchman

I’m sorry to hear that. Flood damage is awful to deal with.

Here in Kent it’s breezy and set to get worse. My mate has a fair bit of roof damage from where his aerial was ripped out along with other tiles, so he’s a bit worried. I notice in Suffolk the wind is set to go over 60mph.

It’s a hunker down job.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 13:41]

Thanks Churchman. Just small stuff in the cellar, not expensive, + damaged plants in garden. It's the nuisance value & me knocking my back up dealing with it which is worse. Plus Highways section of NYCC ignoring a blocked drain (which normally takes all the run off from the hill behind) up on the road cos they've been "too busy"" to deal with it - for 2 years ..!

The Met Office have just named it Franklin, apparently the criteria for it being a named storm came late.

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 13:13 - Feb 20 with 2137 viewsFixed_It

Franklin my dear, they don't give a damn!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 13:58 - Feb 20 with 2087 viewsFtnfwest

Until we get storm nigel I'm not making any plans
Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 14:41 - Feb 20 with 2030 viewsWhos_blue

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 13:58 - Feb 20 by Ftnfwest

Until we get storm nigel I'm not making any plans

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 15:06 - Feb 20 with 1984 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 18:02 - Feb 20 with 1892 viewsjas0999

Been rough all day. The rain is the biggest issue right now,
Login to get fewer ads

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 20:50 - Feb 20 with 1823 viewsRyorry

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 18:02 - Feb 20 by jas0999

Been rough all day. The rain is the biggest issue right now,

Whereabouts are you? Rain easing off somewhat here now thank goodness, tho wind's still mighty.

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 21:26 - Feb 20 with 1780 viewsSaleAway

The river Mersey in south manchester is very close to flooding. We've got severe warnings in Didsbury and Northenden. Water went off for a couple of hours this evening too, probably due to flooding somewhere.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 09:41 - Feb 21 with 1633 viewsleitrimblue

Pretty messy in Co. Leitrim. Trees down everywhere an no electric
Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 09:55 - Feb 21 with 1600 viewsSamuelowen88

Yeah, this has been the worst of the 3 for us as well. Like you say very little was made about this one prior.
All the roads are flooded, trees down etc etc.
Thankfully we seem to have escaped the worst of it, although sounded like the roof was going to come off at one point last night.

Poll: England v Wales Score

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 11:27 - Feb 21 with 1545 viewsElephantintheRoom

Sounds like a normal weekend in yorkshire - they probably think spring is in the air.

You need to google the Sheffield Gale of 16 February 1962 to find weather that Yorkshire coat need more than their winter coat for.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 11:33 - Feb 21 with 1524 viewsGeoffSentence

You great big northern softy. Put your big coat on.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 11:39 - Feb 21 with 1509 viewsgiant_stow

My poor mother in sort of law in Somerset has been without power since Friday night. I know its been a stormy time everywhere, but thats too long for a woman in her late 70s. Think they need more engineers

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 13:26 - Feb 21 with 1435 viewsRyorry

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 11:39 - Feb 21 by giant_stow

My poor mother in sort of law in Somerset has been without power since Friday night. I know its been a stormy time everywhere, but thats too long for a woman in her late 70s. Think they need more engineers

Oh no, sorry to hear that Ulla. You'd have thought they'd get generators in place in that situation - guess private companies prefer donating more profit to shareholders to forking out for the welfare of their customers ... (sorry to get political on this).

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 13:27 - Feb 21 with 1433 viewsRyorry

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 09:41 - Feb 21 by leitrimblue

Pretty messy in Co. Leitrim. Trees down everywhere an no electric

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have a woodburning stove?

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 13:49 - Feb 21 with 1402 viewsleitrimblue

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 13:27 - Feb 21 by Ryorry

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have a woodburning stove?

I do indeed. Its enormous and heats all radiators and water etc.. I probably already had wood for a year after the storm in December. Now have another 10-15 down. Electric is back on
Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 13:51 - Feb 21 with 1388 viewsLord_Lucan

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 11:39 - Feb 21 by giant_stow

I was looking at our CCTV from my phone yesterday and noticed a persistent illegal parker parking on the front car park of our Naarwich store.

The store is closed on Mondays so I just got an email from a neighbour advising that our 10ft x 4ft sign (including the posts) has blown down but it hasn't caused much collateral damage as a small white car parked outside took the brunt of it!

I am so happy!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 14:00 - Feb 21 with 1366 viewsChurchman

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 13:51 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

I was looking at our CCTV from my phone yesterday and noticed a persistent illegal parker parking on the front car park of our Naarwich store.

The store is closed on Mondays so I just got an email from a neighbour advising that our 10ft x 4ft sign (including the posts) has blown down but it hasn't caused much collateral damage as a small white car parked outside took the brunt of it!

I am so happy!

That’s brilliant. I hope your sign isn’t damaged!
Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 14:00 - Feb 21 with 1365 viewsgiant_stow

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 13:26 - Feb 21 by Ryorry

Oh no, sorry to hear that Ulla. You'd have thought they'd get generators in place in that situation - guess private companies prefer donating more profit to shareholders to forking out for the welfare of their customers ... (sorry to get political on this).

Yeah, I think thats about the size of it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 14:01 - Feb 21 with 1362 viewsgiant_stow

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 13:51 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

I am so happy!

rough justice or what?!

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 14:08 - Feb 21 with 1333 viewsLord_Lucan

Last night/today's storm just as damaging as previous 3 on 14:00 - Feb 21 by Churchman

That’s brilliant. I hope your sign isn’t damaged!

The sign is obliterated into multiple pieces but I don't care - not only does the bloke ignore my requests he's also a scouser.

The car now seems to have gone!

Live action - I must get the front tarmaced.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024