Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Once again I am forced to remind you all 13:01 - May 26 with 3333 viewschicoazul

That all political parties in the UK think more or less the same about more or less everything and that all votes for any of them are duplicated votes for the same policies and ideology.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61584546

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:03 - May 26 with 2407 viewschicoazul

The chancellor added: "We should not be ideological about this, we should be pragmatic”

They always say the same thing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:04 - May 26 with 2378 viewsElderGrizzly

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:03 - May 26 by chicoazul

The chancellor added: "We should not be ideological about this, we should be pragmatic”

They always say the same thing.

Just last week the entire Tory party were whipped to vote against a windfall tax.

Today he went further than Labour suggested.
Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:06 - May 26 with 2344 viewschicoazul

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:04 - May 26 by ElderGrizzly

Just last week the entire Tory party were whipped to vote against a windfall tax.

It’s so strange how this keeps happening.

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:12 - May 26 with 2290 viewsIllinoisblue

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:06 - May 26 by chicoazul

It’s so strange how this keeps happening.

It’s like they’re trying to buy votes. So crazy.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:14 - May 26 with 2275 viewsCheltenham_Blue

'Forced to remind us'?
Has someone suggested otherwise today?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:15 - May 26 with 2266 viewsmutters

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:12 - May 26 by Illinoisblue

It’s like they’re trying to buy votes. So crazy.

All parties buy votes, it's how the game works

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:29 - May 26 with 2221 viewswkj

But only one of those parties brings shame to the colour Blue. Which is the worst sin. So don't vote tory.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:33 - May 26 with 2197 viewsDarth_Koont

Starmer’s Labour outflanked again? Surely not?

While money is needed, of course, the windfall tax was never enough. Either in pure cash terms or as a serious and sustainable response to a cost of living catastrophe.

Put up some opposition and fight for the people who need representation the most, you empty self-serving tools!

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:34 - May 26 with 2187 viewsMattinLondon

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:14 - May 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

'Forced to remind us'?
Has someone suggested otherwise today?

Nah, the OP used that wording to try and come across as clever.
Once again I am forced to remind you all on 15:02 - May 26 with 2034 viewsIllinoisblue

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:15 - May 26 by mutters

All parties buy votes, it's how the game works

True but some do it less blatantly than others

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 16:28 - May 26 with 1962 viewsBlueBadger

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:33 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

While money is needed, of course, the windfall tax was never enough. Either in pure cash terms or as a serious and sustainable response to a cost of living catastrophe.

Put up some opposition and fight for the people who need representation the most, you empty self-serving tools!

Alright, Lowehouse.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 17:47 - May 26 with 1880 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 17:50 - May 26 with 1864 viewsElderGrizzly

Outflanked?

He suggested it 5 months ago and almost every week since, but by Corbyn losing every election he stood in, including giving Johnson an 80 seat majority, means Starmer couldn’t do anything about it.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 17:50]
Once again I am forced to remind you all on 18:12 - May 26 with 1805 viewsGlasgowBlue

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 16:28 - May 26 by BlueBadger

Alright, Lowehouse.

Koonters criticises Starmer for being light on policy.

Starmer announces a flagship policy.

Sunak, under pressure, is forced to steal Starmer's flagship policy.

Koonters accuses Starmer of being outflanked.

Very soon Koonters will criticise Starmer for being light on policy.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 19:01 - May 26 with 1745 viewsBlueBadger

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:34 - May 26 by MattinLondon

Nah, the OP used that wording to try and come across as clever.

This sounds wholly out of character for Chico.

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 19:11 - May 26 with 1719 viewsCoastalblue

Anywhere else this would be considered a weird, if not bizarre thread. Here though, it's just another day

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 19:14 - May 26 with 1711 viewsmrshallisfit

Oh the sage of all sages. The oracle that is chicoazul.
Once again I am forced to remind you all on 19:24 - May 26 with 1701 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I guess that must be why so many people are torn between voting for the Greens, or BNP.
Once again I am forced to remind you all on 19:46 - May 26 with 1667 viewstractordownsouth

It's great that the Tories have offered even more support than had been proposed but the idea they're outflanking Labour on the general cost of living issue doesn't stand up to the basic facts. Labour called for benefits to be increased in line with inflation and opposed both the UC cut and the NI increase.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 07:31 - May 27 with 1472 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://youtube.com/shorts/s6ZV1SCOYDc?feature=share

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 08:16 - May 27 with 1420 viewsGlasgowBlue

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 19:46 - May 26 by tractordownsouth

It's great that the Tories have offered even more support than had been proposed but the idea they're outflanking Labour on the general cost of living issue doesn't stand up to the basic facts. Labour called for benefits to be increased in line with inflation and opposed both the UC cut and the NI increase.

In fairness to Koonters I hadn’t seen the details of the package before reading his post so I owe him an apology. Starmer has been outflanked politically by Sunak.

Starmer is a cautious leader. And he’s aware that Labour aren’t trusted because of previous wild, uncosted spending commitments. So he presents what he thinks the public will see as sensible spending increases.

Modest increase for nurses, only slightly better than the Tories derisory offer. A £10 living wage rather than the £15 proposed by Andy McDonald. It’s a cautious strategy that he believes will not frighten off the tory and floating voters who he needs to being over in the election.

However, Sunak has been spending money like a drunken Keynesian his 25% windfall tax for three years has outflanked the Labour offer of a one of 10% increase.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 09:33 - May 27 with 1362 viewstractordownsouth

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 08:16 - May 27 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness to Koonters I hadn’t seen the details of the package before reading his post so I owe him an apology. Starmer has been outflanked politically by Sunak.

Starmer is a cautious leader. And he’s aware that Labour aren’t trusted because of previous wild, uncosted spending commitments. So he presents what he thinks the public will see as sensible spending increases.

Modest increase for nurses, only slightly better than the Tories derisory offer. A £10 living wage rather than the £15 proposed by Andy McDonald. It’s a cautious strategy that he believes will not frighten off the tory and floating voters who he needs to being over in the election.

However, Sunak has been spending money like a drunken Keynesian his 25% windfall tax for three years has outflanked the Labour offer of a one of 10% increase.

You’re right that KS is cautious and the Tory windfall tax has outflanked Labour but the general cost of living package is still not the same when you take the tax increase and UC cuts into account.

Similarly, I think the living wage is a false equivalence because it always goes up so for the party to communicate a particular figure (be it £10 or £15) would be a waste of time when it would need to be uplifted in 2023/4 anyway. Put it this way, if the Labour wage offer is lower than the Tories in the next manifesto I’ll happily call it out but when the two plans are compared at the same time, I’ll be highly surprised if that’s the case.

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 09:35 - May 27 with 1356 viewstractordownsouth

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 19:24 - May 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I guess that must be why so many people are torn between voting for the Greens, or BNP.

I remember an episode of Mock the Week where it was suggested we could have a UKIP/Green coalition, whereby the government would plants lots of trees with “f**k off home” written on them.

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 10:47 - May 27 with 1267 viewschicoazul

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 19:24 - May 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Green Party policies are mainstream.

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 10:50 - May 27 with 1243 viewschicoazul

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 17:50 - May 26 by ElderGrizzly

Outflanked?

He suggested it 5 months ago and almost every week since, but by Corbyn losing every election he stood in, including giving Johnson an 80 seat majority, means Starmer couldn’t do anything about it.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 17:50]

Weird how the Maximum Leader has been an MP for decades if he lost every election he stood in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024