Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very quiet on the news front... 13:08 - Jun 29 with 3726 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...what would we like?

Celina? A new striker? A wing back? A club hairstylist?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Very quiet on the news front... on 13:11 - Jun 29 with 2826 viewsFrimleyBlue

Either announce celina is or isn't signing. So people can move on lol.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Very quiet on the news front... on 13:14 - Jun 29 with 2813 viewstonybied

Very quiet on the news front... on 13:11 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

Either announce celina is or isn't signing. So people can move on lol.

It would be a rather long statement from the club if we were to start naming who we're not signing!
Very quiet on the news front... on 13:17 - Jun 29 with 2783 viewsmarkchips

Very quiet on the news front... on 13:14 - Jun 29 by tonybied

It would be a rather long statement from the club if we were to start naming who we're not signing!

I suspect we may have a bit of a wait. The yank guy with the beard seemed to suggest Ashton needed to pull his finger out this year so I doubt there will be much spending unless some move out. If these are restricted to loan moves it could be we end up with similar or hardened third division players .
Very quiet on the news front... on 13:56 - Jun 29 with 2655 viewsSitfcB

Will we be paying in cash for new signings or cheque?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Very quiet on the news front... on 13:56 - Jun 29 with 2644 viewsKieran_Knows

Very quiet on the news front... on 13:56 - Jun 29 by SitfcB

Bitcoin.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Very quiet on the news front... on 14:07 - Jun 29 with 2566 viewsFrimleyBlue

Very quiet on the news front... on 13:56 - Jun 29 by SitfcB

What if the agent is homeless?

Waka waka eh eh

Very quiet on the news front... on 14:08 - Jun 29 with 2570 viewsitfcsuth

We probably need one more signing if there are no outgoings - and we still have over a month until the start of the season. It was never going to be the huge rebuild required last summer - it's time to develop and slowly build the squad in different transfer windows when required.

We need to fill the Celina role, maybe with Celina, maybe with Morgan Rogers. Could well be a name in nobodies mind.

Preference for me is still Celina, but as I've mentioned before, don't think that deal would be done until later in the window.
Very quiet on the news front... on 14:43 - Jun 29 with 2433 viewshype313

It's always quiet on the news front under this ownership, every signing has been a bolt from the blue.

There are no rumours, no ITK's as no one has the faintest who they are identifying, I very much doubt anyone had Leigh, Lapado and Ball under their radar.

Just chill and wait for the surprises.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Very quiet on the news front... on 14:45 - Jun 29 with 2402 viewsDanTheMan

Very quiet on the news front... on 13:56 - Jun 29 by Kieran_Knows

Bitcoin.

I think I'd give up with football if it came to that.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Very quiet on the news front... on 14:55 - Jun 29 with 2332 viewsMediocre_Quick

Very quiet on the news front... on 14:08 - Jun 29 by itfcsuth

We probably need one more signing if there are no outgoings - and we still have over a month until the start of the season. It was never going to be the huge rebuild required last summer - it's time to develop and slowly build the squad in different transfer windows when required.

We need to fill the Celina role, maybe with Celina, maybe with Morgan Rogers. Could well be a name in nobodies mind.

Preference for me is still Celina, but as I've mentioned before, don't think that deal would be done until later in the window.

Wondering where the Morgan Rogers name came from, I saw someone briefly mention it on Twitter, and that was in passing as a suggestion, has there actually been a strong link to him? Or is it just hopeful Twitter/TWTD talk?

Considering City sold Bazunu for £12m after a season in League one, so we probably wouldn't get him on the cheap like we think we would
Very quiet on the news front... on 15:06 - Jun 29 with 2244 viewsitfcsuth

Very quiet on the news front... on 14:55 - Jun 29 by Mediocre_Quick

Wondering where the Morgan Rogers name came from, I saw someone briefly mention it on Twitter, and that was in passing as a suggestion, has there actually been a strong link to him? Or is it just hopeful Twitter/TWTD talk?

Considering City sold Bazunu for £12m after a season in League one, so we probably wouldn't get him on the cheap like we think we would

No, not from anywhere, just a player I liked at Lincoln.

I don't think we could afford to permanently take him, I think a loan deal would be far more realistic.

But I think that it would appeal to Man City, after a stumbling time last year, if he can come and perform at the level he did for Lincoln.

This time 12 months they may have another £12M player to sell, if that was the case, it would be off the back of him having a really good season with us.

EDIT: If we are looking at permanent only, Anthony Scully would be very high on my list.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 15:08]
Very quiet on the news front... on 15:10 - Jun 29 with 2196 viewsFrimleyBlue

Very quiet on the news front... on 15:06 - Jun 29 by itfcsuth

No, not from anywhere, just a player I liked at Lincoln.

I don't think we could afford to permanently take him, I think a loan deal would be far more realistic.

But I think that it would appeal to Man City, after a stumbling time last year, if he can come and perform at the level he did for Lincoln.

This time 12 months they may have another £12M player to sell, if that was the case, it would be off the back of him having a really good season with us.

EDIT: If we are looking at permanent only, Anthony Scully would be very high on my list.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 15:08]

Who do people see us removing from the team to make way for these players.

Defence now looks after itself

Midfield. We have Morsy. Evans. Ball.
Wide. We have Burns. KVY. Edwards. Penney. Humphries. Leigh

Then we have Chaplin. Aluko. JJ. Jackson. Ladapo.

I think we will try and let Pigott go.
But can't see any others moving on yet. But who makes way for more signings?

Waka waka eh eh

Very quiet on the news front... on 15:15 - Jun 29 with 2156 viewsSheffordBlue

Very quiet on the news front... on 15:10 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

Wouldn't surprise me if Burgess moved on. He's attributes don't really fit our style of play and Ndaba looks like a solid back up/improvement.

Some of the bit part players like El Miz and Dobra may well move on as well.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:36 - Jun 29 with 1943 viewsmarkchips

Very quiet on the news front... on 15:15 - Jun 29 by SheffordBlue

Wouldn't surprise me if Burgess moved on. He's attributes don't really fit our style of play and Ndaba looks like a solid back up/improvement.

Some of the bit part players like El Miz and Dobra may well move on as well.

Some need to go before more quality comes in. The purse strings have been tightened as we must stay within the rules unlike Sheff Wed who seem to simply be going for it. That could end up being messy.
Very quiet on the news front... on 16:38 - Jun 29 with 1926 viewsSheffordBlue

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:36 - Jun 29 by markchips

Some need to go before more quality comes in. The purse strings have been tightened as we must stay within the rules unlike Sheff Wed who seem to simply be going for it. That could end up being messy.

The rules allow the current owners to continue to invest and I think we'll still see additional funds being used without just relying on generating cash from moving people on.

They can't loan the club money (i.e no increase in debt) but can gift it.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:41 - Jun 29 with 1912 viewschicoazul

Strongly suspect Morsy will be off soon. Plenty of interest from the league above.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:42 - Jun 29 with 1900 viewshype313

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:41 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

Strongly suspect Morsy will be off soon. Plenty of interest from the league above.

Who's interested?

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:45 - Jun 29 with 1880 viewscressi

Very quiet on the news front... on 14:08 - Jun 29 by itfcsuth

One more signing really
Not nearly enough goals in this team and this is without injuries or Burns goes of to the world cup
Very quiet on the news front... on 16:45 - Jun 29 with 1876 viewschicoazul

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:42 - Jun 29 by hype313

Who's interested?

Wigan and Rotherham and at least one other.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:48 - Jun 29 with 1853 viewshype313

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:45 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

Hmm not heard anything about the Wigan link for over a month, and given Rotherham have lost two of their key players to League One, I'd be very surprised if Morsy would want to go there.

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:51 - Jun 29 with 1837 viewsjayessess

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:36 - Jun 29 by markchips

The club currently has 25 players over the age of 21, so there's no scope to register all of them full stop. 2 are out on loan (Yengi, Morris), but even as it stands we'd have to leave at least one player off our squad list (the maximum is 22).

eta: Actually I missed that Dobra and John-Jules are technically under 21s, so we're still one under the maximum, we wouldn't need to Kenlock anyone as it stands.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 17:45]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Very quiet on the news front... on 17:12 - Jun 29 with 1751 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I could see Harper going but just as plausible he stays, maybe if he goes on loan that's where we might see a Man U youngster come in as cover but only if El Miz and Humphries go out too. You'd argue the latter would only go on loan, the other 2 could be either or depending on an offer though FWIW I hope both really step up this year, esp El Miz.

Penney maybe goes but I think he's happy to fight for his place and he's still young.

A Celinaesque player is probably the one thing we're short of, I don't think Chaplin or Aluko quite fit that mould though both can play in the hole. I'd like to think maybe Chaplin can be see as the 4th striker and if Piggot goes that we invest in that creative MF and I'd imagine Pig going and if it whether that were to be perm or loan will make a huge difference to how far we can push the boat out

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Very quiet on the news front... on 17:29 - Jun 29 with 1710 viewschicoazul

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:51 - Jun 29 by jayessess

The club currently has 25 players over the age of 21, so there's no scope to register all of them full stop. 2 are out on loan (Yengi, Morris), but even as it stands we'd have to leave at least one player off our squad list (the maximum is 22).

eta: Actually I missed that Dobra and John-Jules are technically under 21s, so we're still one under the maximum, we wouldn't need to Kenlock anyone as it stands.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 17:45]

Expect to see Dobs El Miz Pig Hladky and Burgess and maybe Harper leave in this window and probably Morsy too with 3 more to come in.

Very quiet on the news front... on 17:59 - Jun 29 with 1593 viewscbower

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:42 - Jun 29 by hype313

Who's interested?

I think Morsy likes being the main man at Town. The one the club looks to. He will be on decent money here too.

bluescouser

Very quiet on the news front... on 18:07 - Jun 29 with 1553 viewsjeera

Very quiet on the news front... on 16:45 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

Well they can eff off.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024