Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. 17:33 - Jul 21 with 2562 viewsSitfcB

Bishop and Pigott.

Was hoping we were going to get a striker in this week :(

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 17:43 - Jul 21 with 2443 viewsportmanking

Relax. Bishop is a pest, but he's not going to make Pompey title rivals.
Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 17:43 - Jul 21 with 2443 viewsBobsthename

I’ll be a bit disappointed if we don’t get a striker in as i’m feeling an injury or two and it could set us back.
Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 17:48 - Jul 21 with 2377 viewsgeg1992

Bishop is decent but you'd think we're aiming higher.

Pigott didn't work out here, but if he does well, we will have him next season anyway.

meh

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 18:02 - Jul 21 with 2278 viewsWestcountryblue

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 17:43 - Jul 21 by Bobsthename

I’ll be a bit disappointed if we don’t get a striker in as i’m feeling an injury or two and it could set us back.

I agree, an injury to Ladapo and i'm not too sure Jackson or JJ are suited to playing that lone role for an extended period of time in a team with automatic promotion ambitions.

With that said, i think it's obvious the club wants to bring in a top draw striker before the window shuts.
Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 18:12 - Jul 21 with 2179 viewsBlueNomad

But do they have a good defence / midfield? I don’t think we have to worry about anyone; if we play at our best every week we will be better than all of them.
Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 18:32 - Jul 21 with 2062 viewsDubtractor

Bishop is good at hitting the deck holding his head after every single challenge, but I'm not convinced he is anything special. Just another Norwood clone.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 18:49 - Jul 21 with 1941 viewsFrimleyBlue

The way they play, that's a really good partnership up top.

People are quick to write off both players. But playing to their strengths is going to bring goals.

That's not to say Pig should have stayed as we just don't play the way he needs us to..

Im still shocked we haven't actually signed anyone from abroad. Ashton made it known he had lawyers looking at it.. yet not 1 has been brought over. Purse strings already tightened?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 18:52 - Jul 21 with 1934 viewsITFC_Forever

That probably is an admission of defeat in their pursuit of Hirst.

However, we’ll still possibly have to compete against Champ clubs.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 20:12 - Jul 21 with 1648 viewsVeggie

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 18:49 - Jul 21 by FrimleyBlue

People are quick to write off both players. But playing to their strengths is going to bring goals.

That's not to say Pig should have stayed as we just don't play the way he needs us to..

Im still shocked we haven't actually signed anyone from abroad. Ashton made it known he had lawyers looking at it.. yet not 1 has been brought over. Purse strings already tightened?

Especially given all our foreign ifollow supporters, eh Frimmers ;-)
Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 20:55 - Jul 21 with 1535 viewsBlueNomad

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 18:49 - Jul 21 by FrimleyBlue

The window doesn’t shut for another five weeks. PL haven’t decided on their squads yet. Calm down!
Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 21:48 - Jul 21 with 1354 viewsWallingford_Boy

Hang on, I thought we all didn’t rate Pigs?

I can’t keep up!

RIP Sir Bobby

It’s shaping up be a very competitive League One again… on 23:54 - Jul 21 with 1154 viewsunstableblue

I can see Pompey, Barnsley, Sheff Weds, Derby, MK Dons, Oxford, Wycombe, Peterborough and Bolton being challengers and challenging opponents over two games.

We just need to hit the ground running and to sign two more quality players. Including a striker.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 01:16 - Jul 22 with 1088 viewsBondiBlue

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 21:48 - Jul 21 by Wallingford_Boy

Hang on, I thought we all didn’t rate Pigs?

I can’t keep up!

Was it Mick who said players get better when they're not in the team?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 09:48 - Jul 22 with 785 viewsJammyDodgerrr

50% of that strikeforce is not up to much.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 10:00 - Jul 22 with 759 viewsEssexnblue

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 09:48 - Jul 22 by JammyDodgerrr

50% of that strikeforce is not up to much.

I think its great news that Bishop has gone to Portsmouth, they are brassic and needed our money for Harness to purchase Bishop, that now strengthens our chances with Hirst.
The Portsmouth fans adored Hirst, so I am even more confident that he will be coming to us now.
Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 10:01 - Jul 22 with 734 viewspointofblue

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 10:00 - Jul 22 by Essexnblue

I think its great news that Bishop has gone to Portsmouth, they are brassic and needed our money for Harness to purchase Bishop, that now strengthens our chances with Hirst.
The Portsmouth fans adored Hirst, so I am even more confident that he will be coming to us now.

Or he’ll go to a Championship club.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 10:02 - Jul 22 with 726 viewsKieran_Knows

Really? Pigott was gash last season and Bishop wasn't as good as he was the year before.

Whilst we definitely need another striker, we've still got decent options at the minute.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 10:02 - Jul 22 with 723 viewsSTYG

Not sure on this.

Bishop has scored 10 and 10 in his last two seasons. Pigott was awful for us and had a good season before that.

They may well get 15-20 each in Cowley's system but also wouldn't be surprised if neither of them got into double figures.

If I had to guess now I'd say Bishop will get 13 and Pigott 9.
Not a bad strike force Portsmouth have got now. on 10:06 - Jul 22 with 703 viewstextbackup

pigott

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024