Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? 20:07 - Sep 2 with 4974 viewsBrianTablet

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 20:50 - Sep 2 with 2662 viewsSwansea_Blue

Labour, because we’re a marginal. But having said that my MP is just fine, so I’m quite happy I voted for her last time. My ideal party would put sustainability/net zero/environmental protections first (so Greens you’d think), have the Lib Dem’s sense & pragmatism (no sniggering at the back) and Labour’s social justice*. I’d throw in a bit of Plaid too, as I believe Wales deserves it’s own bespoke party representing its own interests.

(*I mean Labour’s generally known positions on those things before someone pipes up that Labour are now big business slaves and blue Tories).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 20:52 - Sep 2 with 2647 viewsHalifaxBlue

Hold my nose and vote Labour while devoid of pretty much any hope.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 20:54 - Sep 2 with 2640 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Conservatives got a vote, so DaveU must be online.
If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 20:59 - Sep 2 with 2627 viewsSwansea_Blue

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 20:54 - Sep 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I can’t for the life of me work out why anyone would want more of what we’re getting, unless they’re a donor getting financial kick backs and/or a peerage.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 21:01 - Sep 2 with 2612 viewsBlueForYou

Won't be voting!
If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 21:03 - Sep 2 with 2605 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 20:59 - Sep 2 by Swansea_Blue

I can’t for the life of me work out why anyone would want more of what we’re getting, unless they’re a donor getting financial kick backs and/or a peerage.

Who needs a Doctor, teachers, heating, or roads that are drivable when you can save 3p a week in tax and vote for Truss.
If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 22:25 - Sep 2 with 2495 viewssolemio

Don't forget tactical voting. Where I live we have a very good LibDem MP. There is no way a Labour candidate could win.
If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 05:40 - Sep 3 with 2286 viewsRyorry

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 20:54 - Sep 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

There are now apparently 3 human beings (?!) on here who'd vote tory

Unbelievable, Geoff.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 07:44 - Sep 3 with 2191 viewsElephantintheRoom

I wouldn’t vote. A semi trained pigeon with a blue rosette would get in comfortably in my constituency

Alas as we have something considerably worse - Kemi Badenough

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 09:06 - Sep 3 with 2135 viewsLeithblue

toss up between SNP and Green
If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 09:10 - Sep 3 with 2120 viewsBobsthename

Non they are all absolutely rubbish an absolute shambles ,
It’s funny how a right wing forum have Labour in front 😂 .
If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 09:43 - Sep 3 with 2068 viewssolemio

I actually think we have a duty to vote for the least dreadful alternative.

If you haven't voted don't moan.
If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 09:53 - Sep 3 with 2026 viewsmonytowbray

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 09:43 - Sep 3 by solemio

I actually think we have a duty to vote for the least dreadful alternative.

If you haven't voted don't moan.

Until individual voting matters and FPTP is gone I won’t be bothering anymore. After 4 GEs in my adult lifetime all I see the current UK democracy as is a rigged waste of time.

I can vote for what I believe (Green) and waste my time, or I can vote for Red Tory Lite for the sake of a lesser evil that doesn’t align with much of what I believe.

Telling people who don’t vote they have no right to moan in that regard is patronising and misses the point, which ironically you did mention in your first sentence about voting for the least bad alternative. Do I vote for the party who want to mangle and torture our balls in a vice or the party that wants to occasionally kick us in the balls so we remain in mild discomfort at all times? Why can’t we have a party that says it’ll do all it can to ensure our balls remain happy, functional and comfortable?

That’s not a choice, it’s a compromise at the expense of the majority. The last bloke who offered an actual alternative was apparently a dangerous racist who’d take us back to the 1970s, yet look where we are. And still there are people on this board that cling to that Murdoch fantasy won’t admit they were a tool for Brexit fascism and the super rich.

[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 10:07]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:09 - Sep 3 with 1991 viewspointofblue

Green. I’ll vote but there’s little point in doing so where I am. Though if I lived a mile to the east my vote would be worth something.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:12 - Sep 3 with 1980 viewsbuoyant

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 09:53 - Sep 3 by monytowbray

Until individual voting matters and FPTP is gone I won’t be bothering anymore. After 4 GEs in my adult lifetime all I see the current UK democracy as is a rigged waste of time.

I can vote for what I believe (Green) and waste my time, or I can vote for Red Tory Lite for the sake of a lesser evil that doesn’t align with much of what I believe.

Telling people who don’t vote they have no right to moan in that regard is patronising and misses the point, which ironically you did mention in your first sentence about voting for the least bad alternative. Do I vote for the party who want to mangle and torture our balls in a vice or the party that wants to occasionally kick us in the balls so we remain in mild discomfort at all times? Why can’t we have a party that says it’ll do all it can to ensure our balls remain happy, functional and comfortable?

That’s not a choice, it’s a compromise at the expense of the majority. The last bloke who offered an actual alternative was apparently a dangerous racist who’d take us back to the 1970s, yet look where we are. And still there are people on this board that cling to that Murdoch fantasy won’t admit they were a tool for Brexit fascism and the super rich.

No it doesn't

Apathy will mean we just get more of the same. You're moaning and its been lest than two decades for you, some of us have had it for near double that.

The only way to effect change is to vote for anyone other than blue and red and a large number of the dyed in the wool blues are have one foot in the grave. So it is the youth that can and should make a difference. Sadly they can't be arsed.

Or revolution... can't be arsed with that either sadly.

UTT

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:15 - Sep 3 with 1944 viewsmonytowbray

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:12 - Sep 3 by buoyant

No it doesn't

Apathy will mean we just get more of the same. You're moaning and its been lest than two decades for you, some of us have had it for near double that.

The only way to effect change is to vote for anyone other than blue and red and a large number of the dyed in the wool blues are have one foot in the grave. So it is the youth that can and should make a difference. Sadly they can't be arsed.

Or revolution... can't be arsed with that either sadly.

Fair representation is the answer IMO. FPTP is like playing a season of football where some teams have a wider goal to shoot at.

People on the XR thread yesterday said protesters should get involved in politics and run instead. Why would anyone want to do that in the current climate? Seems like more of a waste of time than not voting at all
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 10:16]

TWTD never forgets…

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:18 - Sep 3 with 1937 viewsclive_baker

Last election I voted green, I think climate change is the biggest issue facing us as a society and seemingly little being done about it in the grand scheme of things.

Would probably vote green again to be honest, although if someone told me my vote was decisive to bin the tories I would vote labour.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:21 - Sep 3 with 1894 viewslowhouseblue

the only way to be rid of the tories is for people to vote labour. in the red wall constituencies lots of people need to switch direct from tory to labour. the electoral maths at the next election is going to be really tough. people choosing between labour and the greens etc are really pretty irrelevant to the outcome - the whole story is about tory voters last time around jumping to labour, and on an unprecedented scale. it's the only thing that will change the national outcome

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:22 - Sep 3 with 1895 viewsmonytowbray

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:18 - Sep 3 by clive_baker

Last election I voted green, I think climate change is the biggest issue facing us as a society and seemingly little being done about it in the grand scheme of things.

Would probably vote green again to be honest, although if someone told me my vote was decisive to bin the tories I would vote labour.

Imagine a system where any vote that wasn’t Tory was enough to do that though and didn’t involve compromise of the entire future of the nation/planet :(

TWTD never forgets…

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:28 - Sep 3 with 1855 viewsDarth_Koont

Green.

The Tories are awful but so are Labour and the LibDems to a disturbing degree. Nothing of substance will change with these people. It’s just not in their interests.

The underlying issues within the cost of living crisis have all been exacerbated or ignored on their respective watches. And only limited and largely cosmetic solutions will be offered now.

Pronouns: He/Him

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:29 - Sep 3 with 1855 viewstractordownsouth

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 09:53 - Sep 3 by monytowbray

As someone who is (rightfully) passionate about climate change, I'm surprised you'd support the greens. Their views on nuclear energy are way off imo and combined with their NIMBYist tendencies on HS2 and some housing projects, it seems depressingly similar to Tory short termism.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:33 - Sep 3 with 1776 viewschicoazul

It’s weird because when Labour was in charge TWTD kept telling me hurrr durrrr you don’t vote for a party you vote for an MP hurrrr durrrrr but now it seems we vote for parties.
As always I wouldn’t vote for any of them. It only encourages them.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:34 - Sep 3 with 1768 viewsmonytowbray

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:29 - Sep 3 by tractordownsouth

As someone who is (rightfully) passionate about climate change, I'm surprised you'd support the greens. Their views on nuclear energy are way off imo and combined with their NIMBYist tendencies on HS2 and some housing projects, it seems depressingly similar to Tory short termism.

Nuclear isn’t the answer. It’s not clean at all, is riskier in an ever less stable climate and the fallout when it goes wrong causes havoc for the planet.

Would you keep a mini nuclear power generator in your back garden?

TWTD never forgets…

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:39 - Sep 3 with 1749 viewsmonytowbray

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:21 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

the only way to be rid of the tories is for people to vote labour. in the red wall constituencies lots of people need to switch direct from tory to labour. the electoral maths at the next election is going to be really tough. people choosing between labour and the greens etc are really pretty irrelevant to the outcome - the whole story is about tory voters last time around jumping to labour, and on an unprecedented scale. it's the only thing that will change the national outcome

Amazing flip of logic and standing point there from our resident Smeary McSmearface.

TWTD never forgets…

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:42 - Sep 3 with 1745 viewstractordownsouth

If there were a general election tomorrow, for whom would you vote? on 10:34 - Sep 3 by monytowbray

Nuclear isn’t the answer. It’s not clean at all, is riskier in an ever less stable climate and the fallout when it goes wrong causes havoc for the planet.

Would you keep a mini nuclear power generator in your back garden?

It's not the only solution but it's part of the solution, and if it hadn't been opposed by the coalition government then the issues now would be easier to mitigate. Part of the reason France has been able to cap energy bills is because they have higher nuclear capacity.

And yes I'd be happy to have a nuclear power plant nearby. NIMBYism and short-termist government policy is why the UK's infrastructure is crumbling and if the Greens were in power they would exacerbate the problems rather than solving them.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024