Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game 19:29 - Jun 26 with 3009 viewsunstableblue

He certainly stood out as one of their better players, in a team that actually quite tidy on the ball.

Town did blow them away though, and that was a lot to do with central midfield dominance from Morsy and Luongo.

He did have one rasping shot that was close (from memory).

He looked to be good on the ball with a nice touch, and with some nice distribution, and he seemed to have a good engine.

We did as a group ask ourselves after the game whether he looked worth signing, and the consensus was he looked 'OK' but didn't blow us away.

But he was playing in an inferior and well beaten team though.

At 25 he should be in this prime - so maybe not too much room for improvement.

In McKenna we trust, and I'm sure in out strong team and with that engine he'll do well.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:35 - Jun 26 with 2932 viewshomer_123

Not seen enough of him to judge who he might be replacing.

My sense is a four of Morsy, Luongo, Taylor and Camara.

Morsy and Luongo still have plenty to offer next season but Taylor is a step up from Evans, so it seems logical he's a replacement for him but as I say, not really seen enough. Evans isn't mobile enough or strong enough for me for what KM wants from a CM.

Harper is gone and so, sadly, is El Miz I think. That leaves Cam....who may/ may not go out on loan.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 19:35]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:37 - Jun 26 with 2881 viewsunstableblue

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:35 - Jun 26 by homer_123

Morsy and Luongo still have plenty to offer next season but Taylor is a step up from Evans, so it seems logical he's a replacement for him but as I say, not really seen enough. Evans isn't mobile enough or strong enough for me for what KM wants from a CM.

Harper is gone and so, sadly, is El Miz I think. That leaves Cam....who may/ may not go out on loan.

I really what the club to run the rule over El Miz… give him a chance, or another loan and a contract

I rate the opinion of the Leyton Orient fans who raved about him

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:39 - Jun 26 with 2849 viewshomer_123

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:37 - Jun 26 by unstableblue

I really what the club to run the rule over El Miz… give him a chance, or another loan and a contract

I rate the opinion of the Leyton Orient fans who raved about him

I don't think many Town fans feel different on El Miz but....would you put him ahead of any of the four of Morsy, Luongo, Taylor and Camara? Cam did very well last year - is El Miz better?

Just so hard to see a route to the 1st team for him here. As I say, I think we may sadly see him leave.

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:40 - Jun 26 with 2845 viewsGeoffSentence

From Posh Forum

Jack Taylor officially gone to Ipswich then.
£1.5m seems about right.

On his day, he was very good.

"on his day....."

Not a golden recommendation

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:43 - Jun 26 with 2767 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

what's he like a free kicks, corners? Evans is pretty good, if replacing Evans he would need to have decent dead ball delivery.

Poll: would you rather

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:43 - Jun 26 with 2765 viewshomer_123

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:40 - Jun 26 by GeoffSentence

From Posh Forum

£1.5m seems about right.

"on his day....."

KM has really held out for him hasn't he?

So far, he's not doing too badly, so I'm going to say that maybe KM sees something more than your average Posh fan.

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:44 - Jun 26 with 2756 viewspointofblue

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:39 - Jun 26 by homer_123

I don't think many Town fans feel different on El Miz but....would you put him ahead of any of the four of Morsy, Luongo, Taylor and Camara? Cam did very well last year - is El Miz better?

Just so hard to see a route to the 1st team for him here. As I say, I think we may sadly see him leave.

Loan him back to Orient for a year and make a decision next summer. We have an option to extend his contract for a further year so won't have to lose him on a free.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:46 - Jun 26 with 2710 viewshomer_123

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:44 - Jun 26 by pointofblue

Loan him back to Orient for a year and make a decision next summer. We have an option to extend his contract for a further year so won't have to lose him on a free.

Yes, not beyond the realms is it?

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:48 - Jun 26 with 2666 viewsFrimleyBlue

From Posh Forum

£1.5m seems about right.

"on his day....."

No different to burns. On his day brilliant on others not so much

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:50 - Jun 26 with 2632 viewsBigCommon

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:43 - Jun 26 by LegendofthePhoenix

what's he like a free kicks, corners? Evans is pretty good, if replacing Evans he would need to have decent dead ball delivery.

Leif Davis ?... Plus Broadhead and Chaplin can take a direct free kick... But it would be nice if any I ncomings had it in their locker, too.
Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:54 - Jun 26 with 2576 viewsLankHenners

From Posh Forum

£1.5m seems about right.

"on his day....."

Everyone's good "on his day", a meaningless cliche used by dimwits who don't understand that the vast majority of players will have better games than others across a season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:57 - Jun 26 with 2542 viewsJDB23

Not been overly keen on this deal for a while, we are stacked with bodies in CM so felt brining another in would really have to upgrade that area and not sure Taylor does that.

However, the rumoured fee is lower than I was expecting, Posh fans are gutted to lose him and KMc and the recruitment team have chased him hard for a while. I will obviously trust their judgement far more than mine having only seen a couple of games, looking forward to seeing what he can do for us.
Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:59 - Jun 26 with 2517 viewsGeoffSentence

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:54 - Jun 26 by LankHenners

Everyone's good "on his day", a meaningless cliche used by dimwits who don't understand that the vast majority of players will have better games than others across a season.

Can also mean 'Occasionally good, more often not'

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 20:05 - Jun 26 with 2436 viewsLankHenners

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:59 - Jun 26 by GeoffSentence

Can also mean 'Occasionally good, more often not'

Yep, so another fairly pointless evaluation.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The reaction from Posh fans on their club Twitter looks good... on 20:37 - Jun 26 with 2300 viewsunstableblue

.. in terms of their view

Its quite overwhelmingly positive about his ability and need to play at the championship level

'You got yourself a good un'

'Sad to see him go, but when fit, far too good to be a league 1 player'

''Good luck Jack, decent move, will do well at Ipswich'

'Why always let the best player leave the club'

'Deserved a championship move'

'What a talent and good luck to him at Ipswich'

'Not shocked; just disappointed. Howver, JT is by far and away too good for L1'

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 20:51 - Jun 26 with 2219 viewsbrogansnose

However good a player Taylor is now, the K man will tranform him into an even better player.
Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 21:02 - Jun 26 with 2156 viewsstrikalite

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:57 - Jun 26 by JDB23

Not been overly keen on this deal for a while, we are stacked with bodies in CM so felt brining another in would really have to upgrade that area and not sure Taylor does that.

However, the rumoured fee is lower than I was expecting, Posh fans are gutted to lose him and KMc and the recruitment team have chased him hard for a while. I will obviously trust their judgement far more than mine having only seen a couple of games, looking forward to seeing what he can do for us.

He can play a holding role or as a number ten, fantastic signing imo, for far too long we've signed midfielders who simply can't shoot from distance, Taylor can certainly do that
Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 21:54 - Jun 26 with 1906 viewsArnieM

From Posh Forum

£1.5m seems about right.

"on his day....."

Maybe its about coaching and player combinations. perhaps he has the potential to fully thrive at Town …hopefully.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 08:34 - Jun 28 with 1398 viewsNutkins_Return

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 19:57 - Jun 26 by JDB23

McKenna and the club have to think longer term then just this season. Luongo and Morsy are in their 30s and we don't want to be starting from scratch in a year or 2. Luongo has only a year deal and unless he stays fit all season (or the vast majority) this could be his one and only full season.

Taylor turned 25 days ago who is first team ready and a longer term proposition. (Camara is a similar age).

Humphreys can go and get a season under his belt most likely now.

El Miz may still go on another loan but I expect we will sell as his stock is high and no obvious pathway for him now. Element of doing right by him but also by us on getting a good fee for him. You can't hold on to players forever. He may go and have a very good career and it won't make that decision wrong. Staying with us would stall his career.
Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 08:38 - Jun 28 with 1368 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd be surprised if Camara is anywhere near it, at least initially — no evidence yet that he could even fit in regularly for us in League One.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 08:45 - Jun 28 with 1333 viewsBondiBlue

He passed it well enough but a bit too sideways for me. One great hit from range. Like others have said, with coaching and in a better team than peterborough he could do well.

My only real problem was his hands. Slightly too flappy when running.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Thoughts on Taylor from Posh away game on 08:45 - Jun 28 with 1332 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Replace Camara with Evans. I really think Camara will go on a fitness loan until January, possibly to someone like Charlton.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024