Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TJJ was at the game today 18:45 - Aug 12 with 9211 viewsHipsterectomy

Just watching his mates or…?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

TJJ was at the game today on 18:50 - Aug 12 with 7656 viewsNutkins_Return

If he was I'm reading more into it than watching his mates.
TJJ was at the game today on 19:10 - Aug 12 with 7466 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Was he? I really rate him so would be super happy if this was announced

Poll: Is Billm….

TJJ was at the game today on 19:19 - Aug 12 with 7354 viewsDaninthecampo

Would be happy with this, now Edwards is going definitely frees up some space
TJJ was at the game today on 19:20 - Aug 12 with 7332 viewsHipsterectomy

TJJ was at the game today on 19:10 - Aug 12 by John_Warks_Willy

Was he? I really rate him so would be super happy if this was announced

He was spotted by people at Ipswich station after the match. He said he was at the game

TJJ was at the game today on 20:01 - Aug 12 with 6949 viewschicoazul

YES PLEASE

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

TJJ was at the game today on 20:03 - Aug 12 with 6935 viewsYallop2

I'd take him on a permanent. I still feel we need a quality reserve no 10 although equally someone like Twine or the chap from Everton (i think he wasvon the bench today) could be an asset.
TJJ was at the game today on 20:21 - Aug 12 with 6675 viewsGavTWTD

I would definitely take him on loan til January to prove his fitness with a view to making it a perm

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

TJJ was at the game today on 20:23 - Aug 12 with 6625 viewsN2_Blue

Would love to see TJJ back here.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

TJJ was at the game today on 20:30 - Aug 12 with 6543 viewsgainsboroughblue

Got a year left on his contract at Arsenal. Not been sent anywhere on loan yet. Doubt very much he is in their plans. Him being here today maybe shows he wouldn't be averse to linking up once more.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 20:38]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

TJJ was at the game today on 21:40 - Aug 12 with 6041 viewsITFC_Forever

Surely as Arsenal had a home game, he should have been there as an unselected squad player?

Unless there is something imminent….

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

TJJ was at the game today on 21:55 - Aug 12 with 5845 viewspennblue

TJJ was at the game today on 21:40 - Aug 12 by ITFC_Forever

Surely as Arsenal had a home game, he should have been there as an unselected squad player?

Unless there is something imminent….

Its a no brainer for him if we want him

He is already in with the team mates and enjoyed his time here but i think we should make it a permanent deal so he can properly settle

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

TJJ was at the game today on 21:59 - Aug 12 with 5789 viewsHipsterectomy

TJJ was at the game today on 21:55 - Aug 12 by pennblue

Its a no brainer for him if we want him

He is already in with the team mates and enjoyed his time here but i think we should make it a permanent deal so he can properly settle

Yeah I've seen clips of some podcast he was on. He was glowing about McKenna, the coaches and Ipswich as a club.

TJJ was at the game today on 22:23 - Aug 12 with 5587 viewsKieran_Knows

TJJ was at the game today on 20:23 - Aug 12 by N2_Blue

Would love to see TJJ back here.

Absolutely, get it done.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TJJ was at the game today on 22:36 - Aug 12 with 5463 viewstonybied

I would be happy with TJJ as a replacement for Edwards.
TJJ was at the game today on 03:00 - Aug 13 with 4883 viewspennblue

TJJ was at the game today on 21:59 - Aug 12 by Hipsterectomy

Yeah I've seen clips of some podcast he was on. He was glowing about McKenna, the coaches and Ipswich as a club.

He needs to kick start his career now, he is a bit like Hirst with bags of potential but time to start putting down roots and making a name for himself

They are both Premier League players imo but need the 2 years development first

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

TJJ was at the game today on 06:29 - Aug 13 with 4644 viewsPioneerBlue

I like him a lot. Bags of talent. Fitness and valuation is for someone else’s concern.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

TJJ was at the game today on 07:36 - Aug 13 with 4382 viewscressi

TJJ was at the game today on 06:29 - Aug 13 by PioneerBlue

I like him a lot. Bags of talent. Fitness and valuation is for someone else’s concern.

It's well known he enjoyed his time here a talented lad. If he can overcome injuries could turn into a really good player I guess we will have to wait and see.
TJJ was at the game today on 07:39 - Aug 13 with 4350 viewsHerbivore

He's quality but can he stay fit? That's the big worry. We got a third of a season out of him last year and that's not enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

TJJ was at the game today on 08:36 - Aug 13 with 4066 viewsHorsham

TJJ was at the game today on 07:39 - Aug 13 by Herbivore

He's quality but can he stay fit? That's the big worry. We got a third of a season out of him last year and that's not enough.

He barely played the season before either. He’s quality though, if we can be confident in his fitness he’d be perfect for us. It’s a massive IF though.
TJJ was at the game today on 08:39 - Aug 13 with 4023 viewsHerbivore

TJJ was at the game today on 08:36 - Aug 13 by Horsham

He barely played the season before either. He’s quality though, if we can be confident in his fitness he’d be perfect for us. It’s a massive IF though.

Yep, there's no doubt that if he can stay fit he's got a big future. He looked really strong on the ball and very good technically last year, quick enough as well. But at his age to have missed most of the past 2 years with some big injuries is a real worry. If he was still under 21 and we could get him on a permanent for not much money it'd be worth it as he wouldn't take up a squad place. But could we risk a squad place being taken up by someone with his injury record? That's the big question.

TJJ was at the game today on 08:40 - Aug 13 with 4018 viewsStokieBlue

TJJ was at the game today on 07:39 - Aug 13 by Herbivore

It's entirely possible he won't stay fit.

However, I think the stage we are at right now, we might be forced to take a bit of a punt on quality but fragile players and hope they stay fit enough to contribute throughout the season.

Brizzle and Coventry have made 25m+ in sales so we can't compete with them in the market and we can't compete with teams with parachute payments.

I think I would only want him on a perm though, doesn't seem much point loaning him again - it would be a bit of a punt though.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

TJJ was at the game today on 08:59 - Aug 13 with 3861 viewsSheffordBlue

TJJ was at the game today on 08:40 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

It's entirely possible he won't stay fit.

However, I think the stage we are at right now, we might be forced to take a bit of a punt on quality but fragile players and hope they stay fit enough to contribute throughout the season.

Brizzle and Coventry have made 25m+ in sales so we can't compete with them in the market and we can't compete with teams with parachute payments.

I think I would only want him on a perm though, doesn't seem much point loaning him again - it would be a bit of a punt though.

SB

Loan with a buy commitment based on appearances would be my preference. Protects us a bit if his injury issues come back. If he has solved his injury issues then he could be a real steal. There's a quality player in there.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

TJJ was at the game today on 09:14 - Aug 13 with 3750 viewsStokieBlue

TJJ was at the game today on 08:59 - Aug 13 by SheffordBlue

Loan with a buy commitment based on appearances would be my preference. Protects us a bit if his injury issues come back. If he has solved his injury issues then he could be a real steal. There's a quality player in there.

Think he only has 1 year left at Arsenal so there is nothing in it for them to agree that type of deal as there would be no fee after the loan anyway.

Also have to remember that we can't dictate the terms, the owning club is going to dictate the terms.

Offer a low amount with add-ons would be most likely I think.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

TJJ was at the game today on 13:25 - Aug 13 with 3105 viewsthe_toff

I really don’t get the hype. He’s not done much anywhere he’s been, don’t think he added a lot in a town shirt either to be honest, and that was League 1. Couple that with his injury record and j just don’t see him as a worthwhile signing.

BUT, what better job interview than a year working under McKenna. The coaches don’t need to take a punt on data with him, they’ve seen him every day and I’ll trust them to get it right if he is coming. I just haven’t seen it yet myself.
TJJ was at the game today on 14:37 - Aug 13 with 2727 viewsHerbivore

TJJ was at the game today on 13:25 - Aug 13 by the_toff

I really don’t get the hype. He’s not done much anywhere he’s been, don’t think he added a lot in a town shirt either to be honest, and that was League 1. Couple that with his injury record and j just don’t see him as a worthwhile signing.

BUT, what better job interview than a year working under McKenna. The coaches don’t need to take a punt on data with him, they’ve seen him every day and I’ll trust them to get it right if he is coming. I just haven’t seen it yet myself.

I thought he looked good when he played last season. A few raw edges but you could see the combination of technical ability and athleticism that we've also seen from the likes of Broadhead and Davis who were also schooled at Prem academies. Thought he looked to be increasingly hitting his stride just before he picked up the injury.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024