Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So lets get this straight 16:20 - Jan 25 with 3068 viewsAnsty

We allow Ladapo, a proven scorer in this squad, granted not prolific at this level, but knows the players and systems very well, to go to Charlton.

Then bring in a kid who hasn't done it anywhere, who is currently in Africa AND was off loaded by league 1 Wycombe.

It has to be a wind up.

So lets get this straight on 16:21 - Jan 25 with 2699 viewsElderGrizzly

With both decisions made by our god like Manager.

I think i'll go with his judgement.
So lets get this straight on 16:21 - Jan 25 with 2707 viewsKieran_Knows

Wasn't you on here yesterday telling us we were signing someone from Sutton United, who currently sit lower in League 2 than Wimbledon?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So lets get this straight on 16:22 - Jan 25 with 2692 viewsSitfcB

Ali Al Hamadi by SitfcB 25 Jan 13:58
I hope he’s not at AFCON.

[Make it stop ffs]
[Shut up]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So lets get this straight on 16:22 - Jan 25 with 2647 viewsFrimleyBlue

No. We've let ladapo go out on loan as he wasn't getting minutes here, he isn't fit enough for the role over 60 minutes and doesn't have the engine we need for the role.

In place we could be singing an upcoming youngster with plenty of time to be coached into a quality high level striker whilst more than likely continuing our search for that experienced hirst replacement until the end of season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So lets get this straight on 16:23 - Jan 25 with 2643 viewsLankHenners

He's not currently in Africa and he very plainly has 'done it' and then some in League 2 this season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

So lets get this straight on 16:24 - Jan 25 with 2639 viewsitfcjoe

We allow a player proven to not be able to do what McKenna wants physically to leave, and replace him with someone who is showing those traits but at a lower level

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So lets get this straight on 16:27 - Jan 25 with 2542 viewsTractorCam

You ok mate?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So lets get this straight on 16:28 - Jan 25 with 2520 viewsIllinoisblue

Your last sentence is spot-on. Albeit not in the way you imagine.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

So lets get this straight on 16:28 - Jan 25 with 2513 viewstextbackup

If ladapo knew the system why was he sht at playing it?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So lets get this straight on 16:29 - Jan 25 with 2509 viewsMetal_Hacker

Need a hug babe x

Poll: If it were one or the other

So lets get this straight on 16:31 - Jan 25 with 2473 viewsStevieH

I like the idea of Al-Hamadi and Ahadme playing together.
So lets get this straight on 16:36 - Jan 25 with 2375 viewspositivity

So lets get this straight on 16:31 - Jan 25 by StevieH

i was hoping marcal-madivadua was going to come on alongside mavididi for leicester...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

So lets get this straight on 16:36 - Jan 25 with 2374 viewsTractorCam

So lets get this straight on 16:31 - Jan 25 by StevieH

Hopefully they get a chance to play with each other in the upcoming Euros.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So lets get this straight on 16:51 - Jan 25 with 2208 viewshomer_123

Love Ladapo but is clear to see, he's not quite at Champ level.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So lets get this straight on 16:59 - Jan 25 with 2127 viewsquad

My guess is that McKenna wanted to keep Ladapo to begin with. But when it became very evident that Ladapo was unhappy with his lack of minutes, had clearly downed tools and that he didn't want to play for us any more, what would be the point of trying to keep hold of him? He would have zero impact on games as he already proved.

This kid seems to have a very high ceiling to the levels he could achieve and would be running through brick walls for us if we gave him the opportunity to shine at a higher level.
So lets get this straight on 17:02 - Jan 25 with 2090 viewsBlueandTruesince82

This is very, very wonky imo, ignores some quite key factors, like what has Freddie done this season? Did Freddie want to go. The "kid" is highly regarded, has smashed it for Wimbledon this season and is only 21.

Consider those and you're getting straighter

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

So lets get this straight on 17:04 - Jan 25 with 2067 viewshomer_123

So lets get this straight on 16:59 - Jan 25 by quad

My guess is that McKenna wanted to keep Ladapo to begin with. But when it became very evident that Ladapo was unhappy with his lack of minutes, had clearly downed tools and that he didn't want to play for us any more, what would be the point of trying to keep hold of him? He would have zero impact on games as he already proved.

This kid seems to have a very high ceiling to the levels he could achieve and would be running through brick walls for us if we gave him the opportunity to shine at a higher level.

"...clearly downed tools..."

Absolute tosh.

So lets get this straight on 17:10 - Jan 25 with 1998 viewsquad

So lets get this straight on 17:04 - Jan 25 by homer_123

"...clearly downed tools..."

Absolute tosh.

If he hadn't downed tools then why didn't McKenna fight tooth and nail to keep him?
So lets get this straight on 17:14 - Jan 25 with 1940 viewssoupytwist

So lets get this straight on 17:10 - Jan 25 by quad

If he hadn't downed tools then why didn't McKenna fight tooth and nail to keep him?

You're guessing that McKenna did want to keep him, you said so yourself. So perhaps he didn't want to keep him.

And Ladapo did not 'down tools', that's cobblers.
So lets get this straight on 17:15 - Jan 25 with 1930 viewshomer_123

So lets get this straight on 17:10 - Jan 25 by quad

Freddie, bless him, had reached his ceiling. Champ football is a touch to much for him, that's all there is to it.

He never downed tools but simply wasn't as effective in this league as opposed to L1. KM has done right by him allowing him to go and play football and KM was playing Jackson ahead of him.

So lets get this straight on 17:35 - Jan 25 with 1725 viewsquad

So lets get this straight on 17:14 - Jan 25 by soupytwist

You're guessing that McKenna did want to keep him, you said so yourself. So perhaps he didn't want to keep him.

And Ladapo did not 'down tools', that's cobblers.

Downed tools is an exaggeration. But Freddie's a confidence player and his morale was low due to lack of minutes. He lost heart and was just going through the motions towards the end. Some players can tolerate being on the sidelines for long periods of time like Hladky and Edmundson have, others can't or won't

If Freddie had played more often then I think his desire and performances would have improved. I thought he was a decent back up forward to Hirst. That's just my opinion. Others obviously feel he has less ability than I do.
So lets get this straight on 18:15 - Jan 25 with 1492 viewsMK1

Here's my dilemma.
Do I listen to you, or do I trust a manager who has far out reached my expectations and a man who is being watched by Premier League clubs as a potential manager for them.
It's a difficult one.
So lets get this straight on 18:28 - Jan 25 with 1397 viewsVegtablue

You've got to pick your trolls Ansty, you can't always cover them all. You chose to make up some Sutton United rubbish instead, and now you confirm there's no sincerity behind your posts with this. Poor performance.
So lets get this straight on 18:29 - Jan 25 with 1379 viewsPlums

So lets get this straight on 17:35 - Jan 25 by quad

Downed tools is an exaggeration. But Freddie's a confidence player and his morale was low due to lack of minutes. He lost heart and was just going through the motions towards the end. Some players can tolerate being on the sidelines for long periods of time like Hladky and Edmundson have, others can't or won't

If Freddie had played more often then I think his desire and performances would have improved. I thought he was a decent back up forward to Hirst. That's just my opinion. Others obviously feel he has less ability than I do.

I suspect he has more ability than you do.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

So lets get this straight on 18:33 - Jan 25 with 1343 viewsOldFart71

Unfortunately don't get to PR much these days as I'm getting on a bit and struggle with walking. I did however go to the Caraboa Cup against Fulham. Freddie was up front and basically did nothing. Admittedly neither did many of the others on the pitch. Keeping a player just because he is someone that is a centre forward, fullback or whatever paying him half decent wages to do nothing is crazy. Don't know what the terms of his loan is but even if it's 50/50, 75/25 or whatever it get's him temporarily off the books. Freddie although we love him and it would have been great had he appeared good enough always seems a bit of an enigma. Capable, but sometimes doesn't put it all in. But nonetheless we thank him for last seasons contribution and wish him all the best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024