Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An honest opinion. 17:45 - Aug 19 with 3151 viewspowinswitch

I think we mugged them today. Not pretty, not really a great deal of football, and not many chances fashioned. But I was proud of my team and club today. With that injury list, and not one real centre back in the side, they were awesome. Absolute commitment, throwing bodies into challenges or blocks, and stifling a decent football side. Playing for your mates, and helping each other out. A real team effort. Knudsen was terrific. Great stuff

An honest opinion. on 17:46 - Aug 19 with 3125 viewsJ2BLUE

Kevin Beattie disagreed. He said if the game went on another three hours they wouldn't have scored. Doesn't sound like much of a mugging.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

An honest opinion. on 18:00 - Aug 19 with 3006 viewsBlueBadger

Early flurry aside, Brentford offers very little, in my view. That's not really a mugging.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

An honest opinion. on 18:04 - Aug 19 with 2955 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The answer is somewhere in the middle on this thread. Tuesday was more of a mugging IMO

Still defended deep 2 up at home hmmm
An honest opinion. on 18:07 - Aug 19 with 2911 viewsWD19

An honest opinion. on 18:04 - Aug 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The answer is somewhere in the middle on this thread. Tuesday was more of a mugging IMO

Still defended deep 2 up at home hmmm

Had a brief chat with Neil Harris yesterday. He hadn't got over the other night and how 'lucky' we were.
An honest opinion. on 18:15 - Aug 19 with 2827 viewsSwansea_Blue

Didn't see the game, but it's amazing the difference a couple of goal scorers make to results. Garner and Waghorn looking like the missing pieces of the jigsaw. I don't think Mick can do anything other than play cagey, ugly and tight. But with the goal threat up front we could have a decent season even if ugly at times. Not a bad start in any case!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

An honest opinion. on 18:19 - Aug 19 with 2776 viewslowhouseblue

they looked the more likely to score for much of the first half. but we contained them, frustrated them and the second goal finished them. i agree it was attitude and commitment that won it for us. but no one had a bad game for us - the back 4 battled and looked comfortable for much of the second half. brentford looked a decent side though.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

An honest opinion. on 18:25 - Aug 19 with 2722 viewspointofblue

I'd be worried if I was a Brentford fan this season. To go up against no centre backs and not really put on sustained pressure is pretty unimpressive however it's dressed up. I think they missed Anita today but considering we're missing first team defenders and midfielders we're going to have to grind and rely on luck at the moment - and it's nice to have some of it working in our favour for once as, since our Play Off season, we haven't really had any whatsoever.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

An honest opinion. on 18:59 - Aug 19 with 2597 viewsbrightlingseabee

An honest opinion. on 18:25 - Aug 19 by pointofblue

I'd be worried if I was a Brentford fan this season. To go up against no centre backs and not really put on sustained pressure is pretty unimpressive however it's dressed up. I think they missed Anita today but considering we're missing first team defenders and midfielders we're going to have to grind and rely on luck at the moment - and it's nice to have some of it working in our favour for once as, since our Play Off season, we haven't really had any whatsoever.

I'm not over worried although the second half was the worse we have played this season, you won at a canter in the end apart from one Vibe shot tipped over by Bart we never looked like scoring in the second half, we are too much tippy tappy at the moment and need to stop trying to walk the ball into the net, missed Jota today, if we don't have width we never really play well, thought your young lads done well, you had a game plan and it worked, btw thought it was a penalty in the lead up to your first goal, our man barged into the back of your player, I was right in line with it.

Say we are bottom of the league say we are bottom of the league!
Login to get fewer ads

An honest opinion. on 19:04 - Aug 19 with 2561 viewssixtouchfootball

Mug teams all season if we have to. We've been mugged off for 15 years.
An honest opinion. on 19:50 - Aug 19 with 2447 viewsmikeybloo88

You're not allowed to say anything on here other than we are brilliant...but good man for trying.
An honest opinion. on 19:52 - Aug 19 with 2439 views3_5_2

Here here.

Spot on mate.

If we had drawn or lost even, you could not have faulted the effort or desire.

Knudsen was very very good
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 19:54]

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

An honest opinion. on 20:18 - Aug 19 with 2367 viewsRegencyBlue

On the evidence of today we are much more resilient this season than last - personally I think we would have lost this badly last season in the same circumstances.
An honest opinion. on 20:23 - Aug 19 with 2324 viewspointofblue

An honest opinion. on 18:59 - Aug 19 by brightlingseabee

I'm not over worried although the second half was the worse we have played this season, you won at a canter in the end apart from one Vibe shot tipped over by Bart we never looked like scoring in the second half, we are too much tippy tappy at the moment and need to stop trying to walk the ball into the net, missed Jota today, if we don't have width we never really play well, thought your young lads done well, you had a game plan and it worked, btw thought it was a penalty in the lead up to your first goal, our man barged into the back of your player, I was right in line with it.

Say we are bottom of the league say we are bottom of the league!

Apologies, I meant you missed JOTA, not Anita! I think my spellcheck must have done an auto-correct and I missed it when posting.

Looking at the highlights, I think McGoldrick might have just been on the edge of the box so it would have been a free kick rather than penalty.

I guess you didn't have the players available to play with width? I thought your best bet would be to really try and stretch the play, trying to move inexperienced centre backs out of the middle. In the first half you really looked to close us down which did give us problems - we never like teams doing that to us. Once we had the goal we were clearly not bothered with possession and you couldn't put that side of the game into action. I think at the moment we're almost better off the ball than on it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

An honest opinion. on 20:24 - Aug 19 with 2317 viewsGavTWTD

I thought Brentford were really poor and offered little apart from an early shot in the first half. I do worry about what will happen when we meet better teams but "you can only play the team in front of you". Perhaps by then our crazy injury list will be shorter.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

An honest opinion. on 20:36 - Aug 19 with 2256 viewsKropotkin123

An honest opinion. on 20:24 - Aug 19 by GavTWTD

I thought Brentford were really poor and offered little apart from an early shot in the first half. I do worry about what will happen when we meet better teams but "you can only play the team in front of you". Perhaps by then our crazy injury list will be shorter.

Even if what we are playing is relegation fodder, it is a relief that we are unlikely to be amongst them on, based on the results so far. After the 6-1 defeat to Charlton, we had little to suggest we would do better than "struggling but safe".

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

An honest opinion. on 22:34 - Aug 19 with 2097 viewsHerbivore

An honest opinion. on 20:36 - Aug 19 by Kropotkin123

Even if what we are playing is relegation fodder, it is a relief that we are unlikely to be amongst them on, based on the results so far. After the 6-1 defeat to Charlton, we had little to suggest we would do better than "struggling but safe".

Brentford had about 20 shots but I don't think any of them were actually from in our penalty area. They were pretty much all pot shots. For all their possession we always looked more threatening imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024