Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd 17:38 - Apr 15 with 4350 viewstractordownsouth

Lol

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Jose Mourinho... on 17:55 - Apr 15 with 3629 viewsBinner

...arf

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Man Utd on 18:02 - Apr 15 with 3594 viewsPJH

Always nice seeing them lose(except against them from Norfolk)although I only switched the game on just as WBA scored-enjoyed the rest of it though.
Man Utd on 18:04 - Apr 15 with 3583 viewsSE1blue

How Mourinho is not getting more stick. He has some of the best players at his disposal but they regularly underperform.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Man Utd on 18:06 - Apr 15 with 3576 viewsmonytowbray

Watching ManU fail never fails to make me laugh.

They were "the team" when I was at school and started to like Football, and despite Ipswich still being a poor PL/great D1 side in that period playing good football for the most part all the other kids went with the glory hunting Red Devils. None of them had ever been to a game, but they always had the shirt on and their room would be kitted out in ManU wallpaper/curtains/bed sheets/lamp shade. I'd regularly have the p1ss taken out of me despite growing up in rural Suffolk for supporting Ipswich who were "sh1t" apparently.

I'll never forget that Coca Cola cup game on a Tuesday night in 1997 when all my mates were going to their first ever ManU game (in the ITFC home end no less). All I got from the moment the draw happened was "we're gonna beat you 9-0 again" and "We're gonna thrash you". Going to school that next morning was perfect, I didn't even have to say anything. Just walked in, smiled to my mates in my class and said "Did you enjoy the game last night?"

All those years in the mid-to-late 90s have made me despise that club with such a passion that I don't even mind it when Man City or Chelsea win everything. In reality I should hate them just as much as they are the modern day equivalent of SAF's United, but I can let it slide watching all the part timer ManU fans having a meltdown on Twitter because they only won the FA Cup and nothing else one season.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

J2 + Sitters on 18:17 - Apr 15 with 3524 viewsJohnny_Boy

Told you that WBA was worth a punt.
Man Utd on 18:20 - Apr 15 with 3504 viewssolemio

Man Utd on 18:06 - Apr 15 by monytowbray

They were "the team" when I was at school and started to like Football, and despite Ipswich still being a poor PL/great D1 side in that period playing good football for the most part all the other kids went with the glory hunting Red Devils. None of them had ever been to a game, but they always had the shirt on and their room would be kitted out in ManU wallpaper/curtains/bed sheets/lamp shade. I'd regularly have the p1ss taken out of me despite growing up in rural Suffolk for supporting Ipswich who were "sh1t" apparently.

I'll never forget that Coca Cola cup game on a Tuesday night in 1997 when all my mates were going to their first ever ManU game (in the ITFC home end no less). All I got from the moment the draw happened was "we're gonna beat you 9-0 again" and "We're gonna thrash you". Going to school that next morning was perfect, I didn't even have to say anything. Just walked in, smiled to my mates in my class and said "Did you enjoy the game last night?"

All those years in the mid-to-late 90s have made me despise that club with such a passion that I don't even mind it when Man City or Chelsea win everything. In reality I should hate them just as much as they are the modern day equivalent of SAF's United, but I can let it slide watching all the part timer ManU fans having a meltdown on Twitter because they only won the FA Cup and nothing else one season.

Post Matt Busby I agree completely. In his time it was quite different.
Man Utd on 18:20 - Apr 15 with 3498 viewschicoazul

Could be the beginning of the end for Jose. Not immediately but, if they are miles off the title in November.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Man Utd on 18:21 - Apr 15 with 3495 viewsJ2BLUE

To be fair, I look down on most Suffolk based fans of the big teams.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd on 18:25 - Apr 15 with 3485 viewsSlambo

I would argue that glory-hunters are the absolute lowest of the low in the football universe. Lower even than Norwich fans. And know this, however: there is a special place in hell for glory-hunters that actually take the pi$$ out of their local side...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Man Utd on 18:26 - Apr 15 with 3474 viewsIllinoisblue

Man Utd on 18:04 - Apr 15 by SE1blue

How Mourinho is not getting more stick. He has some of the best players at his disposal but they regularly underperform.

I’m convinced Pogba is a fraud.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Man Utd on 18:28 - Apr 15 with 3467 viewsmonytowbray

Man Utd on 18:25 - Apr 15 by Slambo

I would argue that glory-hunters are the absolute lowest of the low in the football universe. Lower even than Norwich fans. And know this, however: there is a special place in hell for glory-hunters that actually take the pi$$ out of their local side...

Ironically a few of them later on in life did switch to Ipswich, perhaps the return to the PL in 2000 and the season we finished 5th helped, perhaps they saw sense.

The worst ones are the ones who say "I'm not a glory hunter, I've supported ManU/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool since I was 6 years old". MATE, YOU'RE FROM MILDENHALL, IT JUST MEANS YOU'VE BEEN A GLORY HUNTER YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 18:31]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

J2 + Sitters on 18:28 - Apr 15 with 3465 viewsSitfcB

J2 + Sitters on 18:17 - Apr 15 by Johnny_Boy

Did you have anything on?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

J2 + Sitters on 18:29 - Apr 15 with 3454 viewsJ2BLUE

J2 + Sitters on 18:17 - Apr 15 by Johnny_Boy

Well played.

Truly impaired.

Man Utd on 18:31 - Apr 15 with 3444 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Man Utd on 18:04 - Apr 15 by SE1blue

Mainly because they’ve had a knack of pulling out a result when he needs it, and because somehow they sit second only behind a dominant Man City, so it can be argued that they’re not doing too badly

They have regularly flattered to deceive though - and suspect it’ll all fall apart if they don’t start at least challenging for the title next year

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

J2 + Sitters on 18:34 - Apr 15 with 3430 viewsfactual_blue

J2 + Sitters on 18:28 - Apr 15 by SitfcB

Just a thong.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Man Utd on 18:40 - Apr 15 with 3395 viewsBlueBadger

Man Utd on 18:25 - Apr 15 by Slambo

There used to be a load of them round here, that drank in a now-closed boozer by the name of the C0ck. Between 1994 and 2010 some of them were seen, at various times, wearing Newcastle, Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal shirts. One or two of them were sighted recently in Man City...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Man Utd on 18:45 - Apr 15 with 3368 viewschicoazul

Man Utd on 18:26 - Apr 15 by Illinoisblue

Pogba was excellent for 3 seasons at Juve. I appreciate it's not hard to look good when you play in midfield with Vidal and Pirlo though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

J2 + Sitters on 18:48 - Apr 15 with 3359 viewssolemio

J2 + Sitters on 18:34 - Apr 15 by factual_blue

Just a thong.

At twilight?
Man Utd on 18:49 - Apr 15 with 3359 viewsSlambo

Man Utd on 18:28 - Apr 15 by monytowbray

Ironically a few of them later on in life did switch to Ipswich, perhaps the return to the PL in 2000 and the season we finished 5th helped, perhaps they saw sense.

The worst ones are the ones who say "I'm not a glory hunter, I've supported ManU/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool since I was 6 years old". MATE, YOU'RE FROM MILDENHALL, IT JUST MEANS YOU'VE BEEN A GLORY HUNTER YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.

Yeah, or 'Moi dad supported Man U all his loife as wooow' - well, your dad's a bloody glory hunter an all...

In fairness, kids will always be attracted to the glitz and glamour of the big clubs. They usually grow out of it. I have to confess to having a thing for Aston Villa when I was younger, for no other reason than that I thought they had a brilliant kit - very important to a 6 year old. But as I got into my teens, so grew my affinity with my local team. How you can be an adult and still glory hunt is beyond my comprehension...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Man Utd on 18:54 - Apr 15 with 3332 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Man Utd on 18:49 - Apr 15 by Slambo

Yeah, or 'Moi dad supported Man U all his loife as wooow' - well, your dad's a bloody glory hunter an all...

In fairness, kids will always be attracted to the glitz and glamour of the big clubs. They usually grow out of it. I have to confess to having a thing for Aston Villa when I was younger, for no other reason than that I thought they had a brilliant kit - very important to a 6 year old. But as I got into my teens, so grew my affinity with my local team. How you can be an adult and still glory hunt is beyond my comprehension...

Though I was always a town fan, I used to like liverpool (Gerrard mainly) for a few years too

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

J2 + Sitters on 18:55 - Apr 15 with 3325 viewsJohnny_Boy

J2 + Sitters on 18:28 - Apr 15 by SitfcB

Unfortunately not. Wished I did. They were due a win.
J2 + Sitters on 18:56 - Apr 15 with 3321 viewsJohnny_Boy

J2 + Sitters on 18:34 - Apr 15 by factual_blue

Just a thong.

A thong!?

Commando bitches.
Man Utd on 18:56 - Apr 15 with 3321 viewsJ2BLUE

Man Utd on 18:26 - Apr 15 by Illinoisblue

Agreed.

Truly impaired.

Man Utd on 19:02 - Apr 15 with 3295 viewsRobTheMonk

Man Utd on 18:45 - Apr 15 by chicoazul

Pogba was excellent for 3 seasons at Juve. I appreciate it's not hard to look good when you play in midfield with Vidal and Pirlo though.

Pirlo is football's Da Vinci. When he was at the top of his game he made passing look effortless.
Man Utd on 21:00 - Apr 15 with 3162 viewsSkuse4ballondor

Man Utd on 18:28 - Apr 15 by monytowbray

It annoys me when Man Utd, Arsenal fans etc. say they are not glory supporters because they haven't won the league for X amount of years or they supported the team when they once finished 8th. They're still glory supporters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024