Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women & talking 16:10 - Oct 1 with 4784 viewsartsbossbeard

Mrs Beard had a friend pop round yesterday afternoon where the simple story she was attempting to explain should've simply been:

"I was at the supermarket, remembered you lived nearby and thought, I know, I'll pop round".

Instead we had tangents ranging from bumping into an old school friend who has lost a load of weight, multi-packs of Kit-Kat Chunky's, bumping into an old school friend who has put on a shed load of weight, kids (naturally) and then some 30 minutes later mentioned that she thought she'd pop in and say hello whilst in the area.

All this was going on whilst the US where on their short-lived mini charge in the Ryder Cup.

I'm sure a sympathetic judge would have taken the charge down to manslaughter in the event of me going full Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Women & talking on 16:31 - Oct 1 with 4694 viewsbluewein

Feel your pain brother.

I found myself resisting the urge to throw 3 ladies out the train window on Saturday pretty much during the whole journey between Lemington Spa and and Coventry. Not even a set of earphones blasting at full volume could cancel out the shrieks of fake piercing laughter as one told the others about "a pretty delicious cookie she won in a raffle".

Train was rammed as well, so any hope of moving down the carriage was impossible. My desire for a pint hasn't been that high for a long time...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Women & talking on 16:32 - Oct 1 with 4682 viewsKeno

Can we just clarify how hot is the friend??

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Women & talking on 16:37 - Oct 1 with 4665 viewsartsbossbeard

Women & talking on 16:32 - Oct 1 by Keno

Can we just clarify how hot is the friend??

Reasonably easy on the eye, bit unhinged, loves a drink but calmed down massively since being married.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Women & talking on 16:50 - Oct 1 with 4606 viewsgiant_stow

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Women & talking on 16:51 - Oct 1 with 4605 viewsBlueBadger

Could be worse, you could have had to watch the golf on the telly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Women & talking on 16:55 - Oct 1 with 4579 viewsSwansea_Blue

If someone could isolate those two things they'd become a very rich person.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Women & talking on 16:55 - Oct 1 with 4587 viewsLord_Lucan

I had to eat a burger yesterday with a screaming child at the table next to me.

Zaks Thetford
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 16:56]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Women & talking on 16:59 - Oct 1 with 4549 viewsartsbossbeard

Women & talking on 16:55 - Oct 1 by Lord_Lucan

I had to eat a burger yesterday with a screaming child at the table next to me.

Zaks Thetford
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 16:56]

Did you catch the new Beeb drama last night?

I liked the cut of the Aussie geezer's gib. 30hr flight with other half and baby. Pops on his eye mask & ear plugs and leaves her & the screaming littl'un to it whilst the rest of the plane complains.

I think you're supposed to think he's a bit of a cad, however...

Login to get fewer ads

Women & talking on 17:13 - Oct 1 with 4489 viewsLord_Lucan

Women & talking on 16:59 - Oct 1 by artsbossbeard

Did you catch the new Beeb drama last night?

I liked the cut of the Aussie geezer's gib. 30hr flight with other half and baby. Pops on his eye mask & ear plugs and leaves her & the screaming littl'un to it whilst the rest of the plane complains.

I think you're supposed to think he's a bit of a cad, however...

No.

What was it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Women & talking on 17:20 - Oct 1 with 4465 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Women & talking on 17:21 - Oct 1 with 4462 viewsartsbossbeard

Women & talking on 17:13 - Oct 1 by Lord_Lucan

No.

What was it.

The Cry (I think)

Story about an Aussie chap living in Scotland who cheats on his wife with a younger partner and wife takes kid to live back in Oz.

Him and new partner and baby go over to OZ in an attempt to win custody of the child (14) but baby gets taken from the car. It was done in flash backs/real time and was a bit messy. Don't think I'll bother with the remaining two.

Women & talking on 17:38 - Oct 1 with 4402 viewsMullet

Women are different, yes.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Women & talking on 18:21 - Oct 1 with 4319 viewsGeoffSentence

Women & talking on 17:38 - Oct 1 by Mullet

Women are different, yes.

Gender solid ones are, the gender fluid ones may not be so different as you think

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Women & talking on 19:23 - Oct 1 with 4240 viewsKeno

Women & talking on 16:37 - Oct 1 by artsbossbeard

Reasonably easy on the eye, bit unhinged, loves a drink but calmed down massively since being married.

bit unhinged - well yes she a woman

so you weren't distracted from the Ryder Golf by the thought 'she come round for a threesome'?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Women & talking on 22:19 - Oct 1 with 4058 viewsMelford

A ten minute walk to the shops taking 40 minutes because she insists on stopping and talking to everybody she walks past, whilst I stand there like a bellend because I have no idea who the people they are gossiping about are.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Women & talking on 22:21 - Oct 1 with 4050 viewsMullet

Women & talking on 18:21 - Oct 1 by GeoffSentence

Gender solid ones are, the gender fluid ones may not be so different as you think

I'm not googling gender fluid thanking you.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Women & talking on 22:39 - Oct 1 with 3996 viewsWeWereZombies

Women & talking on 17:21 - Oct 1 by artsbossbeard

The Cry (I think)

Story about an Aussie chap living in Scotland who cheats on his wife with a younger partner and wife takes kid to live back in Oz.

Him and new partner and baby go over to OZ in an attempt to win custody of the child (14) but baby gets taken from the car. It was done in flash backs/real time and was a bit messy. Don't think I'll bother with the remaining two.

That's a shame, I know the author. Her novels are nicely extreme, so the adaptation might take off in those next two.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Women & talking on 23:16 - Oct 1 with 3937 viewshoppy

I asked about this kind of behaviour and why they do it the other day... I'll feed back what she said - once she's finished...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Women & talking on 00:23 - Oct 2 with 3875 viewsRyorry

Just like TWTD forum then :))
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 0:26]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Women & talking on 07:05 - Oct 2 with 3727 viewsDeano69

Women & talking on 23:16 - Oct 1 by hoppy

I asked about this kind of behaviour and why they do it the other day... I'll feed back what she said - once she's finished...

....and with what’s left of you.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Women & talking on 08:41 - Oct 2 with 3643 viewsRadlett_blue

Women & talking on 22:19 - Oct 1 by Melford

A ten minute walk to the shops taking 40 minutes because she insists on stopping and talking to everybody she walks past, whilst I stand there like a bellend because I have no idea who the people they are gossiping about are.

Yes, the same thing happens to me. Some women - and my wife is one of them - are incapable of closing a conversation once it's started. so they both continue talking about not very much for 10 minutes until one of them plucks up the courage to say "OK. Must go now."

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Women & talking on 09:09 - Oct 2 with 3595 viewsLord_Lucan

Women & talking on 08:41 - Oct 2 by Radlett_blue

Yes, the same thing happens to me. Some women - and my wife is one of them - are incapable of closing a conversation once it's started. so they both continue talking about not very much for 10 minutes until one of them plucks up the courage to say "OK. Must go now."

My wife is talking to me now, I am turned off, I am not listening.

What puzzles me is when women go out, they sit around a table and take it in turns to talk but none of them are listening to what any of the others are saying, they simply await their turn.

Women & talking on 12:55 - Oct 2 with 3472 viewsgernon

Viz sexist world record:

Talking about Nothing

Mrs. Mary Caterham (GB) and Mrs. Marjorie Steele (GB) sat in a kitchen in Blackburn, Lancs. and talked about nothing whatsoever for four and a half months from 1st May to the 17th August 1978, pausing only for coffee, cakes & toilet visits. Throughout the whole time, no information was exchanged and neither woman gained any new knowledge whatsoever.
The outdoor record for talking about nothing is held by Mrs. Vera Etherington (GB) and her neighbour Mrs. Dolly Booth (GB) of Ipswich, who between 11th November 1983 and 12th January 1984 chundered on over their fence in an unenlightening dialogue lasting 62 days until Mrs. Booth remembered she'd left the bath running.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024