Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... 15:11 - Jan 21 with 4652 viewsitfcjoe

....after moving to Canada to get away from the British press who they believe hound them.

Their lawyers have also highlighted serious safety concerns about how the paparazzi have been driving...

I think one of the issues may be, that Meghan was not an A List celebrity before Harry, so when comparing the British paparazzi to the American paparazzi it was apples and oranges. They are now the Kardashians when before she was just an actress on a show.

I hope they can find what they are looking for, but I struggle to see how if they need to keep their profile up to keep earning, but don't want any media intrusion

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:16 - Jan 21 with 3861 viewsBluefish

His mums murder was passed off as bad paparazzi driving so it is probably very sensitive to him. I have no idea why they cant be left alone, I'm sure they can cope with the money generated from a few interviews and some social media stuff

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:19 - Jan 21 with 3849 viewsJ2BLUE

They are still getting £2.3m a year from Prince Charles so should have plenty of options.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:33 - Jan 21 with 3795 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Despite the reputation of the paparrazi in the UK (not just british), I would think they would be able to be more private on one of the royal estates or at the Palace.

I guess the interest will probably die down soon in Canada, they just need to get past the initial interest.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:37 - Jan 21 with 3769 viewslowhouseblue

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:33 - Jan 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Despite the reputation of the paparrazi in the UK (not just british), I would think they would be able to be more private on one of the royal estates or at the Palace.

I guess the interest will probably die down soon in Canada, they just need to get past the initial interest.

but they need the interest - surely that's what they're planning to live off?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:52 - Jan 21 with 3712 viewsRyorry

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:37 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

Is it? My impression was that they wanted to start their own company of whatever kind, in the same way that Charles started Duchy Organics (albeit being who they are & their background would obv put them in an advantageous position).

What surprised me a little given that Harry clearly enjoyed the military life greatly, was that he didn't simply return to that career. Would obviously have given them all the protection & privacy they want. Maybe it wasn't Meghan's thing.

Some people (not saying you) also seem to have forgotten that she was a wealthy woman in her own right from her acting career, before marrying him.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:53 - Jan 21 with 3709 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:37 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

I agree, but there are different levels of interest.

I suspect it is currently at its peak.

Once they are divorced from the Royal Family... will they be that interesting?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:56 - Jan 21 with 3693 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:52 - Jan 21 by Ryorry

Is it? My impression was that they wanted to start their own company of whatever kind, in the same way that Charles started Duchy Organics (albeit being who they are & their background would obv put them in an advantageous position).

What surprised me a little given that Harry clearly enjoyed the military life greatly, was that he didn't simply return to that career. Would obviously have given them all the protection & privacy they want. Maybe it wasn't Meghan's thing.

Some people (not saying you) also seem to have forgotten that she was a wealthy woman in her own right from her acting career, before marrying him.

I think they will need the public interest to sustain the likely costs they incur.

Meghan was a successful actress before she met Harry, but I wouldnt say that she had the levels of wealth required to sustain them.

Charles I assume started his business on his own land and being a Royal helps hugely.

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:57 - Jan 21 with 3683 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:16 - Jan 21 by Bluefish

His mums murder was passed off as bad paparazzi driving so it is probably very sensitive to him. I have no idea why they cant be left alone, I'm sure they can cope with the money generated from a few interviews and some social media stuff

Lol, do tell us more on this conspiracy.

Login to get fewer ads

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:58 - Jan 21 with 3681 viewsfooters

I'm sure once their various legal cases have been resolved with two major newspaper groups, those groups' interest in negative stories about them will abate somewhat

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:59 - Jan 21 with 3673 viewsitfcjoe

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:52 - Jan 21 by Ryorry

She can't have been particularly wealthy, earning decent money no doubt in Suits but not much more than that - read somewhere she was effectively on $500k a year - obviously masses to the likes of us, but not to make you independently wealthy enough to stop working

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:59 - Jan 21 with 3671 viewsRyorry

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:56 - Jan 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think they will need the public interest to sustain the likely costs they incur.

Meghan was a successful actress before she met Harry, but I wouldnt say that she had the levels of wealth required to sustain them.

Charles I assume started his business on his own land and being a Royal helps hugely.

"but I wouldnt say that she had the levels of wealth required to sustain them."

Surely depends on the lifestyle you want to live? Tho having said that, I've no idea how much security costs. Would have thought 2-3 ft bodyguards (rotation policy for time off & illness!) would suffice.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:02 - Jan 21 with 3662 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:59 - Jan 21 by Ryorry

Surely depends on the lifestyle you want to live? Tho having said that, I've no idea how much security costs. Would have thought 2-3 ft bodyguards (rotation policy for time off & illness!) would suffice.

They will be maintaining large houses in two countries for a start.

Not sure whether they have to pick up the huge security bills. Estimated at £3m per annum... I dont think 2-3 body guards cuts it.

To be fair, they have huge earning potential, but that will require a very public profile.

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:04 - Jan 21 with 3641 viewsSouperJim

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:59 - Jan 21 by Ryorry

I had no idea Janette Krankie had moved into private security, is there nae end to her talents?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:05 - Jan 21 with 3640 viewshampstead_blue

They are going to have to play ball with the paps or spend their entire life fighting fires.

They might even get hounded so much they come back to HRH land.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:05 - Jan 21 with 3638 viewsitfcjoe

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:02 - Jan 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

They will be maintaining large houses in two countries for a start.

Not sure whether they have to pick up the huge security bills. Estimated at £3m per annum... I dont think 2-3 body guards cuts it.

To be fair, they have huge earning potential, but that will require a very public profile.

I think it is something like 12 full time bodyguards to cover shift patterns, holidays, working time directive's etc - and that is just to give them a couple of bodyguards on 24/7 cover.

Your last sentence sums it up for me, you can't have your cake and eat it, I worry all this will do is separate them from the family and the benefits they want they won't get

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:07 - Jan 21 with 3632 viewsfooters

What's the point in having midget bodyguards? I presume they're cheaper?

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:23 - Jan 21 with 3572 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:58 - Jan 21 by footers

I'm sure once their various legal cases have been resolved with two major newspaper groups, those groups' interest in negative stories about them will abate somewhat

Papparazzi dont need stories, negative or otherwise.

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:35 - Jan 21 with 3542 viewsSwansea_Blue

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:07 - Jan 21 by footers

False economy when they have to stand on each other's shoulders though. I don't think Ryorry thought this through

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:37 - Jan 21 with 3538 viewsHARRY10

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:07 - Jan 21 by footers

They were only used when the company was short staffed
Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:39 - Jan 21 with 3532 viewsSwansea_Blue

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:37 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

They were only used when the company was short staffed

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:42 - Jan 21 with 3527 viewsHARRY10

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 15:16 - Jan 21 by Bluefish

murdered ?

She got into a car driven by someone pissed out of his head. If it had been some girl off a local council estate the view would have been a little less 'kind'.

As to mrs sparkle she has been following the same pattern. Using the media to further her aims then whinging when it doesn't dance to her tune.

A money grubber who has bitten off more than she can chew it would seem.
Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:48 - Jan 21 with 3501 viewsSouperJim

Come now, I beat you to that pun by a full three minutes?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:56 - Jan 21 with 3478 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:42 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

murdered ?

She got into a car driven by someone pissed out of his head. If it had been some girl off a local council estate the view would have been a little less 'kind'.

As to mrs sparkle she has been following the same pattern. Using the media to further her aims then whinging when it doesn't dance to her tune.

A money grubber who has bitten off more than she can chew it would seem.

10 points for the class reference. That was well crow barred in!

To be fair, if Diana had worn her seat belt, we wouldnt be talking about it now.

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:58 - Jan 21 with 3468 viewsfooters

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 16:48 - Jan 21 by SouperJim

Come now, I beat you to that pun by a full three minutes?

Sorry, mister Soup, I got all excited and didn't read your comment.

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots.... on 17:05 - Jan 21 with 3456 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

This might be the biggest load of nonsense you have ever come out with and there is some serious competition. Not to mention offensive.

Murder?

Now I'm not in the assassination game, but I'd imagine there are easier ways of trying to kill someone than relying on them to get into a car with a drunk bloke, to not wear a seatbelt and then rely on him speeding. Seems a little bit difficult logistic wise as opposed to the billions of other, easier to accomplish, ways of killing someone.

Your theory is that someone engaged in the vehicular equivalent of Mouse Trap?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 17:08]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024