Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new environment sec is off to a flying start 23:45 - Feb 17 with 3118 viewstractordownsouth

Within a minute, he fails to condemn eugenics and admits than an unelected bureaucrat is running number 10... top work*

* I am aware that the aide has now left his post

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 23:56 - Feb 17 with 2642 viewsHARRY10

but not that there is another thread covering this
Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 06:30 - Feb 18 with 2568 viewsFtnfwest

To be fair it must be tricky when your mums fergie
Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 06:44 - Feb 18 with 2549 viewsm14_blue

This cabinet is nothing more than a set of nodding dogs for Cummings.

There’s a complete moral vacuum in Downing Street and any with the guts to challenge that is removed immediately (see Julian Smith). This is what we’re left with, people too scared for their job to even criticise eugenics.

Pathetic.
Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 08:30 - Feb 18 with 2427 viewsBlueBadger

YOW LRST GETT OVAR IT

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 08:34 - Feb 18 with 2421 viewsBlueBadger

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 06:44 - Feb 18 by m14_blue

This cabinet is nothing more than a set of nodding dogs for Cummings.

There’s a complete moral vacuum in Downing Street and any with the guts to challenge that is removed immediately (see Julian Smith). This is what we’re left with, people too scared for their job to even criticise eugenics.

Pathetic.

I can't, for one second, imagine why the openly racist Boris Johnson has failed to criticise the openly racist Andrew Sabiesky.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 08:38 - Feb 18 with 2419 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 08:55 - Feb 18 with 2397 viewsGuthrum

It's the problem when you have a goverment advised by sixth-form radicals*. Cummings will find (as all revolutionaries do) that wrecking is an awful lot easier than building things.

* I'm not being partisan on this, it afflicted all the major parties in the last election.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 09:01 - Feb 18 with 2384 viewssparks

Kay Burley is utterly obnoxious. And as usual- barks slightly up the wrong tree because she isnt that bright.

However, she does enough here to make it quite clear that ministers are scared of speaking up because Cummings will have their jobs. That is scary.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 09:27 - Feb 18 with 2321 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 09:01 - Feb 18 by sparks

Kay Burley is utterly obnoxious. And as usual- barks slightly up the wrong tree because she isnt that bright.

However, she does enough here to make it quite clear that ministers are scared of speaking up because Cummings will have their jobs. That is scary.

We could do with a strong opposition, who in turn could do with a leader.

...have Unison appointed the wrong Leader yet? Or are they taking their time before f*cking up again?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 09:30 - Feb 18 with 2313 viewsLord_Lucan

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 09:01 - Feb 18 by sparks

I agree, he sounds like a nuclear Alistair Campbell. I was hoping he would be elbowed after the election.

It is without doubt he is quite the operator but at what price?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 10:23 - Feb 18 with 2244 viewsitfcjoe

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 09:30 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

I agree, he sounds like a nuclear Alistair Campbell. I was hoping he would be elbowed after the election.

It is without doubt he is quite the operator but at what price?

I think we are beginning to see the price - there is too much ideology at the heart of his decisions - he seems to be fighting a war on every front, with everything

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 11:46 - Feb 18 with 2146 viewsBlueBadger

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 10:23 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

I think we are beginning to see the price - there is too much ideology at the heart of his decisions - he seems to be fighting a war on every front, with everything

Never let it be said, if there's basic decency around, he'll not shirk from opposing it.

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 12:37 - Feb 18 with 2098 viewsPlums

Fundamentalists of any hue are dangerous and he’s clearly one

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 12:47 - Feb 18 with 2082 viewsDoctor_Earman

This is merely a repeat of Alastair Campbell under New Labour. He controlled things in exactly the same way Cummings does.
Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 12:48 - Feb 18 with 2078 viewssparks

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 12:47 - Feb 18 by Doctor_Earman

This is merely a repeat of Alastair Campbell under New Labour. He controlled things in exactly the same way Cummings does.

No. Its not int he same league, and done with vastly less integrity and a far more sinister ideology.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 13:00]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 12:59 - Feb 18 with 2056 viewsHARRY10

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 12:47 - Feb 18 by Doctor_Earman

Campbell was nothing of the kind.

His was 'front of office' whereby he would be sent out to defend the government's position - and could be quite aggressive in doing so.

He was not in the background formulating the government's position as is Cummings

Though the real question is who Cummings is answerable to
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 13:04]
Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 13:01 - Feb 18 with 2043 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a bit more that that. Cummings isn’t really the one calling the shots; he’s part of a wider tax-opposed conservative (small ‘c’) global movement based around various ‘think tanks’ with strong links to the far right in the US and Europe. It’s all a bit darker and more sinister than just the Cummings/no. 10 goings on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 16:57 - Feb 18 with 1938 viewsEwan_Oozami

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 12:59 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

His was 'front of office' whereby he would be sent out to defend the government's position - and could be quite aggressive in doing so.

He was not in the background formulating the government's position as is Cummings

Answer: Matthew Elliott

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 17:10 - Feb 18 with 1923 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 16:57 - Feb 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Answer: Matthew Elliott

Quite.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 17:17 - Feb 18 with 1912 viewsjontysnut

Campbell didn't ban journalists from politically opposed papers from No 10 briefings.
Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 17:28 - Feb 18 with 1898 viewsHARRY10

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 13:01 - Feb 18 by Swansea_Blue

It’s a bit more that that. Cummings isn’t really the one calling the shots; he’s part of a wider tax-opposed conservative (small ‘c’) global movement based around various ‘think tanks’ with strong links to the far right in the US and Europe. It’s all a bit darker and more sinister than just the Cummings/no. 10 goings on.

I do think if it could be found out what Cummings was doing in Russia for three years we might all be a bit wiser.

My own thought is that he is well up on simplifying political massages to induce the best reponse. That was done through Cambridge Analytics and later with Survation. The latter being the pollsters that pointed me towards it being a hung Parliament.

The theory goes that simple slogans have a greater impact that reasoned argument. However you need the wherewithall to process the responses to various slogans. Where CA comes in.

'Built the wall. 'Lock her up'. Get it done' etc will probably generate a higher percentage of votes - so simply keep hammering away at them'

The link below has some very, very interesting evidence/facts on what happened in the referendum vote in this regard

Best read of the week

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-25/brexit-big-short-how-pollster
Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 19:29 - Feb 18 with 1847 viewsDoctor_Earman

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 12:59 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

Then who was formulating government policy? Because I can tell you it wasn't Tony Blair.

If you're so naive as to think that Campbell was just a PR man then you're deeply wrong I'm afraid. He instructed civil servants in a way that had never been done before, he also had a new position created just for him: 'Downing Street Director of Communications'. He was involved in the funeral plans of Princess Diana, and had a leading role in the governments decision to go to war in Iraq over non-existent WMD. Far from just being 'front of office', Campbell was an incredibly sinister character who sat right at the heart of government. In fact it makes Cummings look like a paper tiger in comparison.
Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 19:34 - Feb 18 with 1826 viewsBlueBadger

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 19:29 - Feb 18 by Doctor_Earman

Then who was formulating government policy? Because I can tell you it wasn't Tony Blair.

If you're so naive as to think that Campbell was just a PR man then you're deeply wrong I'm afraid. He instructed civil servants in a way that had never been done before, he also had a new position created just for him: 'Downing Street Director of Communications'. He was involved in the funeral plans of Princess Diana, and had a leading role in the governments decision to go to war in Iraq over non-existent WMD. Far from just being 'front of office', Campbell was an incredibly sinister character who sat right at the heart of government. In fact it makes Cummings look like a paper tiger in comparison.

I don't recall Campbell ever having links to Russia or overseas far-right groups. Or him having the power to tell ministers who they should be choosing in their staff. Or appointing actual nazis to be his assistants.

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 19:40 - Feb 18 with 1817 viewsEwan_Oozami

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 19:29 - Feb 18 by Doctor_Earman

Campbell was just Campbell. Cummings may be a paper tiger in comparison but he's a mere part of the US alt-right drive headed by Matthew Elliot - most probably funded with US/Russian money - to take control of the levers of power in the UK.

We have been played by them for years with the aim of breaking down the social cohesion that made Britain great and then making a profit from it and even now people can't see it despite it all happening in plain sight.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Our new environment sec is off to a flying start on 19:42 - Feb 18 with 1812 viewssparks

All sorts of issues with Campbell. But to compare him to Cummings, who appears to be running the place, banning journalists, directly pulling the PM's strings, threatening ministers, demanding they sack their teamss to retain their jobs, supporting eugenists etc etc etc...

Is embarrassing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024