Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one 15:01 - Mar 20 with 2757 viewsSteve_M

So, what is everyone drinking and what we putting on the virtual juke box?

I'll start with a very drinkable beer from a Suffolk brewery:

And a slightly pertinent song:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 15:26 - Mar 20 with 2415 viewsBugs

Some homemade vodka, Suffolk made in my house with not so homemade tonic.....

And a song that is joyous. we need a bit of joy in our lives atm.

[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 15:26]
If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 15:29 - Mar 20 with 2409 viewsMullet

I brought 3 bottles of red on the shop run and have been listening to Pearl Jam again so have some of this

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 15:32 - Mar 20 with 2399 viewsjeera

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 15:36 - Mar 20 with 2391 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I thought there was only one song on pub juke boxes...

...but then I spotted this...

Theakston's old Peculiar please.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 15:37]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 2383 viewsportmanking

Burnt Mill! Excellent choice, sir.

Not cheap by any means, but a wonderful drop.
If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 15:47 - Mar 20 with 2363 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 15:38 - Mar 20 by portmanking

Burnt Mill! Excellent choice, sir.

Not cheap by any means, but a wonderful drop.

Indeed, their Galaxy Fog IPA is superb.

Sticking with craft beer, I'll have a NEIPA from Neon Raptor please and I'll l stick on

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 15:58 - Mar 20 with 2353 viewshomer_123

Just siting down with a Merlot - Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 16:04 - Mar 20 with 2343 viewsKeno

Pint of creme de menthe please

and have you got dry roasted nuts?

and a little song to enjoy

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 16:17 - Mar 20 with 2326 viewsfactual_blue

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 16:04 - Mar 20 by Keno

Pint of creme de menthe please

and have you got dry roasted nuts?

and a little song to enjoy

Has he got dry roasted nuts? No, he always walks like that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 16:21 - Mar 20 with 2322 viewsITFC_Forever

Seeings as our holiday to Cornwall in May might / might not happen, then a Doom Bar.

And as I was supposed to be seeing the Levellers tonight at UEA (should have been heading to the station about now), then One Way by the Levellers would do very nicely indeed.

Ta.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 16:55]

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 16:22 - Mar 20 with 2320 viewsITFC_Forever

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 15:32 - Mar 20 by jeera

Doom Bar.

A mighty fine choice Sir.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 16:30 - Mar 20 with 2307 viewsfactual_blue

Tanqueray gin and FEVERfew tonic please.

And any song with the word 'fever' in the title from the Jooke Box.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 16:40 - Mar 20 with 2290 viewsNewcyBlue

One of these and about to go on the exercise bike as the gym is closed.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 17:47 - Mar 20 with 2243 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is that last orders then?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 17:53 - Mar 20 with 2238 viewsKBsSocks

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 17:47 - Mar 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is that last orders then?

If you hang around, I'll be getting a few tinnies in ... WHEN I'VE FINISHED WORK :-P

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 18:06 - Mar 20 with 2230 viewsWeWereZombies

Six mojitos

and a chaser

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 18:13 - Mar 20 with 2219 viewsDubtractor

Currently drinking a random pale ale (bottle in kitchen so can't remember name) left over from Christmas.

Just ordered a couple of boxes from these. Well cheap and great beer. Recommended!

https://www.flavourly.com/mixed-cases/

Forgot the jukebox. Currently listening to the new Soccer Mommy (I know, awful name) album.

[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 18:54]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 18:19 - Mar 20 with 2212 viewsEwan_Oozami

Numerous bottles of Hoegaarden and The Snuts...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 18:50 - Mar 20 with 2198 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Bottle of Merlot.

Anything by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, just for a change.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 18:56 - Mar 20 with 2185 viewsDubtractor

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 18:50 - Mar 20 by StochesStotasBlewe

Bottle of Merlot.

Anything by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, just for a change.

Not heard the Mighty Mighty Bosstones in years. I suspect they date badly?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 19:08 - Mar 20 with 2174 viewsSwansea_Blue

When we were on holiday in Bala, there was a cracking beer shop in the town. Doubled up as a bar at the back (loads on tap, must have been 20 lines) and a taster coffee table like arrangement at the front too. It was rather good. Appreciate it's a long way away from anywhere, but if anyone is passing... Ridiculous number of just Welsh beers - https://www.storibeers.wales/shop-page?field_product_tag_tid=36&field_wines_and_

Anyway, point is that they had loads of examples of beers from micro breweries like Burnt Mill. Lots of unfiltered extra hoppy goodness. All expensive of course, but rather nice.

I particularly enjoyed the stuff from Wild Horse (Llandudno) and Polly's (Mold) breweries. No idea if they're to be found elsewhere.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 19:13 - Mar 20 with 2167 viewsDubtractor

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 19:08 - Mar 20 by Swansea_Blue

When we were on holiday in Bala, there was a cracking beer shop in the town. Doubled up as a bar at the back (loads on tap, must have been 20 lines) and a taster coffee table like arrangement at the front too. It was rather good. Appreciate it's a long way away from anywhere, but if anyone is passing... Ridiculous number of just Welsh beers - https://www.storibeers.wales/shop-page?field_product_tag_tid=36&field_wines_and_

Anyway, point is that they had loads of examples of beers from micro breweries like Burnt Mill. Lots of unfiltered extra hoppy goodness. All expensive of course, but rather nice.

I particularly enjoyed the stuff from Wild Horse (Llandudno) and Polly's (Mold) breweries. No idea if they're to be found elsewhere.

There is a bar at Green Man festival that is a Welsh Beer festival. Must have 50 different beers there, which is ace considering most music festivals have a choice of Carling or Carlsberg.

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 19:17 - Mar 20 with 2158 viewsvapour_trail

Ah missed this, apologies for the rival thread Steven, tome to cone together and all that

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 19:17 - Mar 20 with 2158 viewsSteve_M

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 19:08 - Mar 20 by Swansea_Blue

I have a local beer shop that's about three minutes walk away. It's more expensive than supermarkets but has lots of random beers like that in so worth going to some of the time.

Only just finished work for the day, I seem to be half a (real) beer down already. Cornish Red Ale from M&s.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 19:18 - Mar 20 with 2156 viewsWeWereZombies

If ever there's a week for the TWTD Friday pub it's this one on 19:13 - Mar 20 by Dubtractor

There is a bar at Green Man festival that is a Welsh Beer festival. Must have 50 different beers there, which is ace considering most music festivals have a choice of Carling or Carlsberg.

Both beer tents at FolkEast are prodigious, some people who hate folk music just go for the beer I think. I am especially impressed by the brews that come out of Grain brewery in the north of Suffolk, also like the Green Jack special they make for the festival. They haven't cancelled this years one yet:

https://folkeast.co.uk/

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024