Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line 13:18 - Aug 26 with 3828 viewstractordownsouth

We'll finish top six this season

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 13:47 - Aug 26 with 2415 viewsBluefish

Has Shambert gone?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 13:48 - Aug 26 with 2413 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Attendances?

We'll be joint top. With Accrington, AFC Wimbledon, Burton ……...

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 13:49 - Aug 26 with 2406 viewsCokeIsKey

For goals conceded? I reckon we'll make top two if we don't sign anyone.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 13:58 - Aug 26 with 2379 viewsBlueBadger

100 POINTS 100 GOALS

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:01 - Aug 26 with 2372 viewsTieDyedIn95

Do you know something we don't! I think 7 - 11th is a safe bet. I just don't see this side having the gusto to go up and I don't think we're better for the signings we've made over what we had this time last season.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:04 - Aug 26 with 2362 viewsBlueBadger

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:01 - Aug 26 by TieDyedIn95

Do you know something we don't! I think 7 - 11th is a safe bet. I just don't see this side having the gusto to go up and I don't think we're better for the signings we've made over what we had this time last season.

We have a squad of top six, if not top two players. We have a lower mid-table manager.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 14:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:06 - Aug 26 with 2353 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I'll throw it out there as well. Players and manager will get it right this year, we'll be top 6.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:08 - Aug 26 with 2347 viewsSuperblue95

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:04 - Aug 26 by BlueBadger

We have a squad of top six, if not top two players. We have a lower mid-table manager.

Close.

We have an automatic promotion standard squad with a relegation standard manager. The two will likely cancel out as they did last season resulting in another mid table finish.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:08 - Aug 26 with 2343 viewsHerbivore

Bold call. For me the squad ought to be plenty good enough for top 6 to be a minimum expectation but I fear that by the time Evans pulls the trigger the new man will have too much to do.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:10 - Aug 26 with 2336 viewsBlueBadger

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:08 - Aug 26 by Superblue95

Close.

We have an automatic promotion standard squad with a relegation standard manager. The two will likely cancel out as they did last season resulting in another mid table finish.

And people say I'M negative about FOPRP.

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:10 - Aug 26 with 2339 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yep, I'm with you. There's a few of us hardy souls still left on here. Not many, but a few. We'll have the last laugh.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:10 - Aug 26 with 2336 viewsMach_foreignBlue

With Lambert in charge?

With Chambers remaining our captain?

With this squad?
F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:10 - Aug 26 with 2337 viewsjayessess

I really don't see it. We haven't tangibly improved on last season's squad and our post-November form was relegation standard.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:11 - Aug 26 with 2329 viewsHerbivore

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:10 - Aug 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

With Lambert in charge?

With Chambers remaining our captain?

With this squad?

No.

Yes.

Yes.

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:11 - Aug 26 with 2329 viewsTieDyedIn95

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:04 - Aug 26 by BlueBadger

We have a handful of good players for this level and a lot of average players. Many of our players played most of their careers at a lower level than this and are still stepping up themselves. It's going to be a lottery to go back up, we might get lucky, we may not, see Coventry. It takes just one good season but this club is seriously broken. Just look at the Norwood and Wolfie scenarios playing out.

We vastly over rate our squad, yes the manager is awful, i'd have already given Nigel Clough the job if it were me and sacked off both Lambert and that muppet O'Neil and brought in a DOF worth something in the mould of a Joe Royle to get the rot behind the scenes fixed too, instead of a PE teacher repeating a load of laughable statements and sound bites but thats just me.

The problem is the man at the top hasn't a clue.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:11 - Aug 26 with 2326 viewsHerbivore

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:10 - Aug 26 by BrixtonBlue

Yep, I'm with you. There's a few of us hardy souls still left on here. Not many, but a few. We'll have the last laugh.

I admire your optimism.

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:20 - Aug 26 with 2313 viewsBrixtonBlue

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:10 - Aug 26 by jayessess

I really don't see it. We haven't tangibly improved on last season's squad and our post-November form was relegation standard.

Well we have, we have several first team players back from injury before you even think about the new signings.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:22 - Aug 26 with 2302 viewsBrixtonBlue

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:11 - Aug 26 by TieDyedIn95

We have a handful of good players for this level and a lot of average players. Many of our players played most of their careers at a lower level than this and are still stepping up themselves. It's going to be a lottery to go back up, we might get lucky, we may not, see Coventry. It takes just one good season but this club is seriously broken. Just look at the Norwood and Wolfie scenarios playing out.

We vastly over rate our squad, yes the manager is awful, i'd have already given Nigel Clough the job if it were me and sacked off both Lambert and that muppet O'Neil and brought in a DOF worth something in the mould of a Joe Royle to get the rot behind the scenes fixed too, instead of a PE teacher repeating a load of laughable statements and sound bites but thats just me.

By the Wolfie scenario, do you mean the amusing meme he tweeted?

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:27 - Aug 26 with 2282 viewstextbackup

12th

lambert sacked in October

klug in place until dec

new man in jan, turns out to be clueless and sht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:28 - Aug 26 with 2280 viewsHerbivore

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:11 - Aug 26 by TieDyedIn95

That's not really true regarding our players though. We've got plenty in our squad who have primarily played at this level and above. Some of the players we consider not good enough for us - like Nolan and Nsiala - were good enough to be standout players at this level in a team that finished third just two years ago. We aren't world beaters but you can't look at our squad in isolation, compared to pretty much every other squad in the league we have good quality and plenty of depth. Any failure to get out of this league will be on the manager again.

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:29 - Aug 26 with 2276 viewsdissboy2

in fair play leage maybe
F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:30 - Aug 26 with 2274 viewsRegencyBlue

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:20 - Aug 26 by BrixtonBlue

Well we have, we have several first team players back from injury before you even think about the new signings.

Would that include Huws and Bishop, neither of whom will last anywhere near a full season if previous history is any guide.
F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:38 - Aug 26 with 2246 viewsBrixtonBlue

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:30 - Aug 26 by RegencyBlue

Would that include Huws and Bishop, neither of whom will last anywhere near a full season if previous history is any guide.

Yep, but there are others too. Lankester, KVY, I'm sure there's someone else I've forgotten. That's like 4 new signings as first team starters. Huws seems to think he's over his injury problems. Obviously a big season for Bishop; if he gets crocked again it could be the end of his career, so we all must be praying that doesn't happen.

My point still stands even if two of them do get injured again. The first team is improved by these players being back.

EDIT: There were a couple I forgot, El Miz and Sears. So that's almost like SIX new signings!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 15:05]

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:43 - Aug 26 with 2232 viewsGuthrum

We bl00dy better had. Ought to be challenging for the automatic spots.

Having messed it up last season is no reason to be lowering our expectations, given the squad and the setup at Town (I originally included "the fanbase", but that won't be relevant for several months).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:44 - Aug 26 with 2229 viewsHerbivore

F**k it, I'll stick my neck on the line on 14:38 - Aug 26 by BrixtonBlue

Yep, but there are others too. Lankester, KVY, I'm sure there's someone else I've forgotten. That's like 4 new signings as first team starters. Huws seems to think he's over his injury problems. Obviously a big season for Bishop; if he gets crocked again it could be the end of his career, so we all must be praying that doesn't happen.

My point still stands even if two of them do get injured again. The first team is improved by these players being back.

EDIT: There were a couple I forgot, El Miz and Sears. So that's almost like SIX new signings!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 15:05]

Huws ended up being fit for most of last season as well. Of course there's always a chance he gets injured again but he's had a good run of being able to train now, possibly the longest he's had as a pro. Bishop was also available more last season than in previous years. Not saying a lot, but both have better foundations for a less disrupted year this year than they've had in a very long time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024