Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? 14:16 - Aug 29 with 1829 viewsmonytowbray

Social media continues to be a dangerous place for radicalisation and profiting from sensitive data big corps should be highly regulated on. Twitter seems to be doing the right things to combat it but the Zuck is a pure physcopath.

The only way to stop it is we move to more ethical websites/apps. This includes Instagram and Whatsapp which are all FB owned.

Dismantling big tech monopolies must happen, but it amazes me for all the (rightly so) tech paranoia around TikTok and CCP links there is worse going on in our own back yard.

We also need to somehow unf*ck the brains of millions who have been manipulated by bombardments of misinformation too, the damage is too deep to just switch off the internet and it goes away at this point.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 14:20]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 14:39 - Aug 29 with 1737 viewsHogger

For what it's worth, i closed down my Facebook account both personal and business last month. It's all i can do and yet it felt good. We each have a choice to not be part of what is clearly a very destructive website
When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 14:44 - Aug 29 with 1717 viewsBluefish

I feel I am more than capable of succeeding in life without the need to demand censorship of things like Facebook. Life is short, if you spend so long looking for problems and complaining it will be over before you've found a way to enjoy it

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 14:49 - Aug 29 with 1694 viewsBrixtonBlue

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 14:44 - Aug 29 by Bluefish

I feel I am more than capable of succeeding in life without the need to demand censorship of things like Facebook. Life is short, if you spend so long looking for problems and complaining it will be over before you've found a way to enjoy it

WTF! The lack of self awareness here is astonishing!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 15:11 - Aug 29 with 1640 viewsBlueBadger

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 14:44 - Aug 29 by Bluefish

I think you're confusing ' a lack of censorship' with 'people being allowed to incite, spread hate and dangerous falsehoods unpunished' here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 15:17 - Aug 29 with 1616 viewsSuperblue95

Agreed.

There’s nothing wrong with the original Mercury to Pluto lineup.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 15:19 - Aug 29 with 1593 viewsBluefish

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 15:11 - Aug 29 by BlueBadger

I think you're confusing ' a lack of censorship' with 'people being allowed to incite, spread hate and dangerous falsehoods unpunished' here.

Boycotting Facebook won't change that. Education will change that

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 15:21 - Aug 29 with 1589 viewsBlueBadger

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 15:19 - Aug 29 by Bluefish

Boycotting Facebook won't change that. Education will change that

This is like saying we shouldn't punish burglars because people should know better than to have stuff that people want to steal.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 15:31 - Aug 29 with 1545 viewsBluefish

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 15:21 - Aug 29 by BlueBadger

This is like saying we shouldn't punish burglars because people should know better than to have stuff that people want to steal.

It is like saying we should boycott living in houses to stop burglary

Login to get fewer ads

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 15:50 - Aug 29 with 1520 viewsmikeybloo88

Like all social media, if you engage your brain before using it then Facebook is absolutely fine..can be very useful, entertaining and informative. Twitter is worse by far IMO...
When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 16:09 - Aug 29 with 1473 viewsRyorry

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 15:50 - Aug 29 by mikeybloo88

Like all social media, if you engage your brain before using it then Facebook is absolutely fine..can be very useful, entertaining and informative. Twitter is worse by far IMO...

It's totally the other way round for me, but there y'go.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 19:17 - Aug 29 with 1342 viewsMonkeyAlan

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 14:39 - Aug 29 by Hogger

For what it's worth, i closed down my Facebook account both personal and business last month. It's all i can do and yet it felt good. We each have a choice to not be part of what is clearly a very destructive website

It's the point l always make. Don't use it. That's the only way to deal with it. Plus you don't see all the cr@p on there that is so wrong with the world.
When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 19:50 - Aug 29 with 1317 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I understand how this would work for you....

Edit....I can almost hear your last sentence being uttered by say a foot soldier in the wehrmacht.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 19:55]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 08:18 - Aug 31 with 1129 viewsbluewein

Let's not pretend Twitter is without it's problems.

I won't link accounts as it's pretty grotesque stuff, but the fact that MAP accounts are allowed to carry on makes me lose faith in all forms of social media...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 08:29 - Aug 31 with 1111 viewsSwansea_Blue

Carole Whatsherchops has been doing some sterling work on this and getting massive amounts of grief as a result.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 08:56 - Aug 31 with 1067 viewsAce_High1

I have inadvertently boycotted it from day 1 - never seen the need to have an account.
When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 13:22 - Aug 31 with 998 viewsMeadowlark

Facebook is a planet now!??
When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 14:49 - Aug 31 with 949 viewsSwansea_Blue

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 08:56 - Aug 31 by Ace_High1

I have inadvertently boycotted it from day 1 - never seen the need to have an account.

Same here. Although I do have to use Facebook-owned Whatsapp for the kids activities, and don't feel too happy having to use it given everything that's coming out around Facebook.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 16:33 - Aug 31 with 889 viewsmonytowbray

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 08:18 - Aug 31 by bluewein

Let's not pretend Twitter is without it's problems.

I won't link accounts as it's pretty grotesque stuff, but the fact that MAP accounts are allowed to carry on makes me lose faith in all forms of social media...

Twitter has issues but no where near as bad and they’re doing more to solve them so credit there.

I remember an old boss once said to me;

With all previous social networks the question was “When will it die?” but with Facebook the question is “How do we kill it?”

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

When do we collectively say NO to Facebook as a planet? on 17:16 - Aug 31 with 866 viewsjaseitfc2015

Remove politics from Facebook & remove anonymous, faceless accounts from twitter, in fact remove politics from both. Politics used to be intelligent...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024