Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crikey we'll struggle 09:58 - Nov 3 with 2684 viewsgordon

with a Judge, Dozzell and Huws midfield tonight if Phil is right and Bishop is rested. The Bish is our best midfielder by a country mile with Downes out. I'd play Jackson as well - a bit of pace on the counter attack could be a lot more useful than the big lump. Also, if somehow Judge ends up playing on the wing I'll cry.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 9:58]
Crikey we'll struggle on 10:00 - Nov 3 with 2644 viewshype313

Don't understand resting Bishop against one of our rivals, surely rest him against teams way below us?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:00 - Nov 3 with 2643 viewsStokieBlue

I'd bring in Huws for Judge and Jackson for Sears. I'd then swap Jackson and Edwards over to get Edwards on the left and Jackson wide on the right.

None of that will happen.

SB
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 10:28]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:02 - Nov 3 with 2633 viewsclive_baker

If Bishop can't start today we might as well go 4-4-2 with Jackson off Hawkins.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:25 - Nov 3 with 2543 viewsgetawig

Hopefully Bish can start tonight. He can have the next 2 weeks off to rest
Crikey we'll struggle on 10:28 - Nov 3 with 2531 viewsquirkie

Today we can show our real intent to get out of this division this season by finally beating a potential promotion rival at last. What a boost to the team's moral it would be if we could win away at Sunderland and make a stamp on the division.

So 3-0 to Sunderland then.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:32 - Nov 3 with 2503 viewsDanTheMan

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:00 - Nov 3 by StokieBlue

I'd bring in Huws for Judge and Jackson for Sears. I'd then swap Jackson and Edwards over to get Edwards on the left and Jackson wide on the right.

SB

This please.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:34 - Nov 3 with 2495 viewsBent_double

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:28 - Nov 3 by quirkie

Today we can show our real intent to get out of this division this season by finally beating a potential promotion rival at last. What a boost to the team's moral it would be if we could win away at Sunderland and make a stamp on the division.

So 3-0 to Sunderland then.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would be happy with a 0-0 at the moment.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:42 - Nov 3 with 2472 viewsChrisd

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:02 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

If Bishop can't start today we might as well go 4-4-2 with Jackson off Hawkins.

If Downes was available I'd have no problem with that and I can see that being PL's plan B if 4-3-3 isn't working, but when you look at how lightweight we are in CM any two of those three, I can see us getting overrun and bullied.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:42 - Nov 3 with 2474 viewsArnieM

It wouldn't be so bad with that midfield if Lambo actually injected some PACE into the side. Its crying out for zippy players in there . We are far too pedestrian in our build up out from defence. Sunderland will press like all the other opponents have done. Give their defence something to think about by putting some pace in the side .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:49 - Nov 3 with 2445 viewsgordon

Just to add, Bishop has looked in great condition recently, he's looked our fittest, most energetic and mobile midfielder in recent weeks. Huws has consistently looked the opposite, but even so between Huws and Judge it'd be a waste of brainpower to try and choose.
Crikey we'll struggle on 10:51 - Nov 3 with 2431 viewsgordon

SB

Worth a shot - I'd go with Sears/Bennett, Jackson and Edwards as a front three. The thought of losing 2-0 with Hawkins, Judge and Huws in the team is pretty depressing.
Crikey we'll struggle on 11:00 - Nov 3 with 2388 viewspointofblue

We’ve got a FA Cup match followed by a Papa John’s game followed by a weekend off coming up. Why are we resting Bishop for this one and, if he really needed a break, why not drop to the bench for Gillingham or Crewe?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Crikey we'll struggle on 11:15 - Nov 3 with 2332 viewsFixed_It

Bish will start. He was subbed on Saturday with tonight in mind. Def info.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Crikey we'll struggle on 11:44 - Nov 3 with 2235 viewsHarry_Palmer

SB

100% this.
Crikey we'll struggle on 11:47 - Nov 3 with 2215 viewsIllinoisblue

SB

Indeed. Sears has been anonymous for a while now. Get Edwards on left, Jackson on right and bring home a point.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Crikey we'll struggle on 12:08 - Nov 3 with 2165 viewsWallingford_Boy

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:34 - Nov 3 by Bent_double

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would be happy with a 0-0 at the moment.

0-0 away to our main rival? That's not really an odd thing to say, especially with how we've played of late.

I'd definitely take a draw!

RIP Sir Bobby

Crikey we'll struggle on 12:15 - Nov 3 with 2146 viewsTieDyedIn95

I think it could be a PR reason rather than admit we have another injury. Makes no sense to rest him for such a big game, PR Paul is a naff manager but he's not a total moron. If he was fit he'd be playing.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Crikey we'll struggle on 13:59 - Nov 3 with 1979 viewsEl_Fenix

Crikey we'll struggle on 10:49 - Nov 3 by gordon

Just to add, Bishop has looked in great condition recently, he's looked our fittest, most energetic and mobile midfielder in recent weeks. Huws has consistently looked the opposite, but even so between Huws and Judge it'd be a waste of brainpower to try and choose.

Huws has looked better this season than he did last season, when he was sluggish. If the trend continues, he will be a key player this season, with Downes out and Judge being largely ineffective.

Sears (especially) and Judge have made worthwhile contributions to ITFC in the past, but it is now becoming time for them to be phased out of the match day squad. We need to be looking to the future rather than the past.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Crikey we'll struggle on 14:15 - Nov 3 with 1942 viewsclive_baker

Crikey we'll struggle on 13:59 - Nov 3 by El_Fenix

Huws has looked better this season than he did last season, when he was sluggish. If the trend continues, he will be a key player this season, with Downes out and Judge being largely ineffective.

Sears (especially) and Judge have made worthwhile contributions to ITFC in the past, but it is now becoming time for them to be phased out of the match day squad. We need to be looking to the future rather than the past.

I thought Huws was shockingly poor against Doncaster, for the hour he lasted. I would love for nothing more than him to get back anything close to the player he used to be though, as he would tear up this division, but he's looked so immobile and ponderous on the ball for the past year. I lost count of the number of times he lost possession at Donny. He certainly adds some physicality in the middle, and for that reason I would start him tonight. We really lack that in his absence. Dozzell, Judge, Nolan, Bishop, Edwards, Sears, Lankester etc are all lightweight and I would guess none are much over about 5ft 9.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024