Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. 20:15 - Nov 22 with 4061 viewsITFC_96

Is there anyone who doesn't agree?
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:19 - Nov 22 with 3534 viewsBlueBadger

I do. He should have been sacked after getting us relegated without any semblance of fight.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 20:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:19 - Nov 22 with 3517 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Evans
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:20 - Nov 22 with 3509 viewsSpruceMoose

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:19 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

I do. He should have been sacked after getting us relegated without any semblance of fight.

I do. But he won't be.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:21 - Nov 22 with 3511 viewsITFC_96

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:19 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

8th or 9th place 15 games into the season while having been knocked out early in every cup must be the nail in the coffin.
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:24 - Nov 22 with 3485 viewsSpruceMoose

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:21 - Nov 22 by ITFC_96

8th or 9th place 15 games into the season while having been knocked out early in every cup must be the nail in the coffin.

Normally, but we live in a world where he was given a five fooking year contract.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:28 - Nov 22 with 3474 viewscatch74

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:19 - Nov 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Evans

He must realise this season we have to go up, if not he’ll lose any assets - Bishop, Dozzell. Downes for nothing or a lot less than they’d be worth if we go up.
It would cement the fact that this set up cannot beat top 9 clubs, he can’t afford to add to or change the squad, changing the manager is the only option. Dyer has surely been moved into place as I don’t think we can afford to sack Lambert let alone pay another manager of any note. I’d imagine we’d have to put him on gardening leave.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:35 - Nov 22 with 3428 viewsBlueBadger

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:28 - Nov 22 by catch74

He must realise this season we have to go up, if not he’ll lose any assets - Bishop, Dozzell. Downes for nothing or a lot less than they’d be worth if we go up.
It would cement the fact that this set up cannot beat top 9 clubs, he can’t afford to add to or change the squad, changing the manager is the only option. Dyer has surely been moved into place as I don’t think we can afford to sack Lambert let alone pay another manager of any note. I’d imagine we’d have to put him on gardening leave.

Move him to the job he's best suited to - marketing manager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:37 - Nov 22 with 3421 viewsSpruceMoose

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:35 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Move him to the job he's best suited to - marketing manager.

Cleaning the bogs you say?

Login to get fewer ads

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:40 - Nov 22 with 3417 viewssundaze

And what if we happen to win against Hull and replace them at the top? I'm no big fan of Lambert, but I don't see any club at the top of the league sacking their manager.
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:58 - Nov 22 with 3369 viewsDarth_Koont

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:40 - Nov 22 by sundaze

And what if we happen to win against Hull and replace them at the top? I'm no big fan of Lambert, but I don't see any club at the top of the league sacking their manager.

Exactly. He’s got little chance of being sacked if he loses two games that would put us top if we won both or perhaps even just beat Hull.

He could be replaced based on his 2 years overall but that was looking a lot worse back in March. I’d say he’s got at least half-a-dozen games in hand and it’ll need an undeniably widening gap to the top 2 before Evans makes a move.

And FWIW I see similarities with last season but also a fair number of differences such as a stable formation and the emergence of a first-choice team so think this team could still come good. Not that I have much faith in Lambert but this season there is a mix of short and long-term team development even if the performances still aren’t that convincing.

Pronouns: He/Him

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 21:46 - Nov 22 with 3285 viewsRegencyBlue

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:28 - Nov 22 by catch74

Given that the only thing Evans has proved in his time here is that he doesn’t have a clue how to run a football club who knows what he will do!
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 21:48]
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 21:51 - Nov 22 with 3252 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder where we’ll be in the league if that happens

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 22:29 - Nov 22 with 3196 viewsFelstow1978

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 20:37 - Nov 22 by SpruceMoose

Cleaning the bogs you say?

And if he's a good boy after six months we'll allow him to use a brush

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 22:30 - Nov 22 with 3190 viewskeighleyblue

Jesus christ.
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 22:44 - Nov 22 with 3162 viewsNthQldITFC

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 22:30 - Nov 22 by keighleyblue

Jesus christ.

Not sure he's available.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 22:47 - Nov 22 with 3157 viewscatch74

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 22:44 - Nov 22 by NthQldITFC

Not sure he's available.

And he’d just go on and on about when he turned water into wine.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 23:04 - Nov 22 with 3113 viewsVeronaBlue

No chance, could still be sitting in the playoffs even if we lost next 2 depending on other results.

Looking at the games on the lead of the Christmas it’s tough. Hull, Charlton, Portsmouth and Peterborough to name a few. Even Plymouth will be a tough game if we play like yesterday. Can see him out around December.
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 23:05 - Nov 22 with 3103 viewsITFC_96

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 23:04 - Nov 22 by VeronaBlue

No chance, could still be sitting in the playoffs even if we lost next 2 depending on other results.

Looking at the games on the lead of the Christmas it’s tough. Hull, Charlton, Portsmouth and Peterborough to name a few. Even Plymouth will be a tough game if we play like yesterday. Can see him out around December.

Surely Evans isn't stupid enough to keep him as manager if he's mid table at Christmas. Then again, the 5 year contract
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 23:15 - Nov 22 with 3078 viewsVeronaBlue

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 23:05 - Nov 22 by ITFC_96

Surely Evans isn't stupid enough to keep him as manager if he's mid table at Christmas. Then again, the 5 year contract

He’s definitely gone if we are mid table at Christmas IMO. If we are in the playoffs he stays, got no real justification to let him go if we are still in the hunt.

There’s a perception we should p!ss this league and I think it’s just tougher than people realise. We never got close to being a side like Coventry last season and certainly look nothing like Peterborough this season (who will likely run away with it).
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 23:15 - Nov 22 with 3076 viewsNewcyBlue

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 22:44 - Nov 22 by NthQldITFC

Not sure he's available.

Nailed on..

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 23:42 - Nov 22 with 3032 viewsBlueBadger

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 23:15 - Nov 22 by NewcyBlue

Nailed on..

Judge not...

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 23:48 - Nov 22 with 3027 viewsNewcyBlue

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 22:30 - Nov 22 by keighleyblue

Jesus christ.

He was good on the end of a cross...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 00:09 - Nov 23 with 3001 viewsMatt_Netherlands

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 22:47 - Nov 22 by catch74

And he’d just go on and on about when he turned water into wine.

As long as he didn’t do it in Germany....
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 09:42 - Nov 23 with 2786 viewsbraveblue

Yes. Whilst a team remains a couple of points off automatic promotion you don’t change the manager.
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 09:50 - Nov 23 with 2772 viewsTieDyedIn95

I am no Lambert fan but given the fact we will have to pay him off and Evans is trying to ensure the club costs him as little as possible the next managerial appointment will be more Paul Hurst in stature than Mick McCarthy. I think a fair few of us have kidded ourselves into thinking our squad is capable of walking the league and it's somehow only the managers fault we're not up already. We're not walking this league because we're not good enough to walk this league. Many of these players sank like a stone in the league above during its weakest ever season, we had many opportunities to stay up and we couldn't even manage it against the poorest teams in that league. We don't look class against some of the poorest teams in this league either.

Evans will probably appoint Dyer to keep fans on side but that would be short termism at it's finest and given the state of the club, we will need a far bigger character with more experience of this league and beyond and getting the best out of our average players and restricted budget and Dyer or an equivalent without those qualities will sink this club further while Evans continues to run it.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024