Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
xG data.... 14:50 - Nov 23 with 2581 viewsitfcjoe

....just having a look at some that gets sent my way for a subscription I have

Before the Shrewsbury game we sat like this

Season to date - 11th
Last 12 games - 14th
Last 8 games - 17th
Last 4 games - 22nd

A worrying slide - will see where we sit when i get this weeks data through

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

xG data.... on 14:54 - Nov 23 with 1637 viewsMullet

It's not that conclusive in isolation, but can be used to back up what we are seeing with our eyes. Lose Andre, lose Hawkins, lose Edwards replace them with XYZ and the creativity and threat to our side diminishes rapidly.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

xG data.... on 14:55 - Nov 23 with 1633 viewsKeno

sh1t

I had to look up what that was and its "Expected goals (xG) measures the quality of a shot based on several variables such as assist type, shot angle and distance from goal, whether it was a headed shot and whether it was defined as a big chance"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

xG data.... on 14:55 - Nov 23 with 1625 viewsHerbivore

I imagine our XG for the weekend will be fairly low. The first goal wasn't even a chance, the second one was fairly easy I guess. Other than that I can only recall two other genuine chances.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

xG data.... on 14:57 - Nov 23 with 1610 viewsJackPITFC

xG data.... on 14:55 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

I imagine our XG for the weekend will be fairly low. The first goal wasn't even a chance, the second one was fairly easy I guess. Other than that I can only recall two other genuine chances.

The chance at the end of the first half Lankester missed and should've scored Clear cut chance, Judge hitting the post at the back post another Clear cut Chance.
xG data.... on 14:57 - Nov 23 with 1605 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is that inclusive of Cup games?

Regardless a nasty read.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

xG data.... on 14:58 - Nov 23 with 1604 viewsHerbivore

xG data.... on 14:57 - Nov 23 by JackPITFC

The chance at the end of the first half Lankester missed and should've scored Clear cut chance, Judge hitting the post at the back post another Clear cut Chance.

Yeah, those are the two other chances I was referring to.

xG data.... on 15:02 - Nov 23 with 1585 viewsJackPITFC

xG data.... on 14:58 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Sorry, i'm guessing you could potentially include Jackson's chance when he got played in behind and tried to nod it over the goalkeeper at the start of the second half.
xG data.... on 15:05 - Nov 23 with 1562 viewsitfcjoe

xG data.... on 14:57 - Nov 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Is that inclusive of Cup games?

Regardless a nasty read.

Just league, it's a worry though and will take a lot to turn it round

Login to get fewer ads

xG data.... on 15:09 - Nov 23 with 1546 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

xG data.... on 14:58 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

You don't think the Sears chance when it was pulled back by Jackson chasing a lost cause was a genuine chance (and whoever hit the follow up as well)?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

xG data.... on 15:11 - Nov 23 with 1527 viewshomer_123

Is there any data of how quickly teams can turn that around?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I've been quoting this for a number of weeks.... on 15:14 - Nov 23 with 1524 viewsBloots

....although because I type "Lambert out" a lot it gets ignored.

Anyway, Experiment361 had us 12th before the game on Saturday, his stats are pretty good usually. He does it per match as well, he looks at "attacking threat" in detail.

It's not pretty reading.

https://experimental361.com/2020/11/22/expected-goals-table-league-1-21-nov-2020

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

xG data.... on 15:15 - Nov 23 with 1517 viewsBeckets

xG data.... on 15:11 - Nov 23 by homer_123

Is there any data of how quickly teams can turn that around?

One positive is I don’t think there’s an international break for a while. We invariably play badly immediately after them. It’s almost as if the longer Lambert has with the players the worse they perform.
xG data.... on 15:15 - Nov 23 with 1518 viewsSomethingBlue

xG data.... on 14:55 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

McGuinness should have done better with that header just before the winner, so I reckon it's three.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

xG data.... on 15:17 - Nov 23 with 1502 viewsjayessess

xG data.... on 15:05 - Nov 23 by itfcjoe

Rather similar to how our xG went along last season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I've been quoting this for a number of weeks.... on 15:19 - Nov 23 with 1494 viewsitfcjoe

I've been quoting this for a number of weeks.... on 15:14 - Nov 23 by Bloots

....although because I type "Lambert out" a lot it gets ignored.

Anyway, Experiment361 had us 12th before the game on Saturday, his stats are pretty good usually. He does it per match as well, he looks at "attacking threat" in detail.

It's not pretty reading.

https://experimental361.com/2020/11/22/expected-goals-table-league-1-21-nov-2020

Lambert out.

I personally don't fine experimental 361 reflects the game I watch as well as the others do - but just personal opinion.

I think we started well, but the last 6 games have seen 3 wins where we could easily have lost, and 3 defeats where only 1 felt harsh

xG data.... on 15:19 - Nov 23 with 1485 viewsHerbivore

xG data.... on 15:09 - Nov 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

You don't think the Sears chance when it was pulled back by Jackson chasing a lost cause was a genuine chance (and whoever hit the follow up as well)?

It was Lankester who had that chance, that's the one I was referring to. I don't remember Lankester having another decent chance, aside from the goal.

xG data.... on 15:20 - Nov 23 with 1491 viewsclive_baker

To play devils advocate, it's a bit subjective what constitutes a chance vs. a good change. Take Saturday, when Jackson did well to get to the byline and cut it back, it was on a plate for Lankester and 4 times out of 5 that goes in. If not, Sears puts the rebound away.

I'm convinced there was a nudge on Nsiala at one point in the box too in the 1st half. The big man didn't make a meal of it, but it looked a pen to me.

Judge then missed one in the 2nd half when he hit the far post. When I first saw it I thought he was on the stretch and it was a tough chance, but it wasn't. That was a sitter IMO.

McGuinness is left unmarked for a header in the 2nd half from 12 yards. For someone as good in the air as he is that's more than a half chance.

We then score 2 goals, albeit the 1st was spawny.

On another day if we score 3 or 4, including 1 or 2 in the first half, there's probably less focus on how sh1t we were. The bigger issue for me is the nature of how we're playing, it's error ridden, ponderous, and far from free flowing. We're scrappy, and sh1thouing wins against crap opposition. It isn't sustainable for anything more than where we're at now, that's my issue. We don't look like we're improving or working towards anything.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

xG data.... on 15:21 - Nov 23 with 1477 viewsHerbivore

xG data.... on 15:02 - Nov 23 by JackPITFC

Sorry, i'm guessing you could potentially include Jackson's chance when he got played in behind and tried to nod it over the goalkeeper at the start of the second half.

Think that'd be really low on the XG given how far he was from goal and how close the goalie had got, plus they had men back.

I've been quoting this for a number of weeks.... on 15:21 - Nov 23 with 1479 viewshomer_123

I've been quoting this for a number of weeks.... on 15:19 - Nov 23 by itfcjoe

I personally don't fine experimental 361 reflects the game I watch as well as the others do - but just personal opinion.

I think we started well, but the last 6 games have seen 3 wins where we could easily have lost, and 3 defeats where only 1 felt harsh

I don't think you can argue against the stats matching what we are seeing over the last 6 or 7 games.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

xG data.... on 15:22 - Nov 23 with 1480 viewsMullet

xG data.... on 15:20 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

To play devils advocate, it's a bit subjective what constitutes a chance vs. a good change. Take Saturday, when Jackson did well to get to the byline and cut it back, it was on a plate for Lankester and 4 times out of 5 that goes in. If not, Sears puts the rebound away.

I'm convinced there was a nudge on Nsiala at one point in the box too in the 1st half. The big man didn't make a meal of it, but it looked a pen to me.

Judge then missed one in the 2nd half when he hit the far post. When I first saw it I thought he was on the stretch and it was a tough chance, but it wasn't. That was a sitter IMO.

McGuinness is left unmarked for a header in the 2nd half from 12 yards. For someone as good in the air as he is that's more than a half chance.

On another day if we score 3 or 4, including 1 or 2 in the first half, there's probably less focus on how sh1t we were. The bigger issue for me is the nature of how we're playing, it's error ridden, ponderous, and far from free flowing. We're scrappy, and sh1thouing wins against crap opposition. It isn't sustainable for anything more than where we're at now, that's my issue. We don't look like we're improving or working towards anything.

It wasn't a nudge it was a two handed shove! But yes, I'm with you xG is a very crude measurement held in a bit too high regard for my tastes.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

xG data.... on 15:25 - Nov 23 with 1451 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

xG data.... on 15:05 - Nov 23 by itfcjoe

I don't understand then, you may be able to explain.

Last 12 games - 14th, isn't that all the league games then?

But then states season to date - 11th?

I mean regardless it isn't pretty.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

xG data.... on 15:31 - Nov 23 with 1409 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

xG data.... on 15:19 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

It was Lankester who had that chance, that's the one I was referring to. I don't remember Lankester having another decent chance, aside from the goal.

Fair enough. Just checked, it was Lanky who had the first and Sears had the follow-up. I'd have thought both count as shots on target?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

xG data.... on 15:35 - Nov 23 with 1396 viewsitfcjoe

xG data.... on 15:20 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

Yep, I'm not the biggest fan of xG and think it only gives part of the picture - but when you look at the trends with it you can see the teams that are now on decent runs were heading the right way before the run hit.

Clubs go through hot patches where they put away every chance that falls to them, but think over last 5-6 games we've pushed our luck. We talk about Lankester missing a good chance at Sunderland but then ignore that he scored from a half chance before then.

Saturday felt like a nadir of watching us, and it was a game we won - for me it became the moment where as much as I've tried to give the benefit of the doubt to Lambert it became impossible to think that we are going in the right direction - and that we are just badly coached

xG data.... on 15:36 - Nov 23 with 1379 viewsHerbivore

xG data.... on 15:31 - Nov 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Fair enough. Just checked, it was Lanky who had the first and Sears had the follow-up. I'd have thought both count as shots on target?

Not sure how it works for XG, but they only really represent one goalscoring opportunity as if Lankester scores then there is no follow up for Sears.

xG data.... on 15:37 - Nov 23 with 1380 viewsitfcjoe

xG data.... on 15:25 - Nov 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don't understand then, you may be able to explain.

Last 12 games - 14th, isn't that all the league games then?

But then states season to date - 11th?

I mean regardless it isn't pretty.

It may have tagged on one from last seaosn or included a cup one - I'll check properly. CHeers for flagging

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024