Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This quote in the EADT article... 22:08 - Feb 28 with 4114 viewsDubtractor

"First team coach Matt Gill and keeper coach Jimmy Walker, both appointed by Lambert, have taken a more central role in selecting the team in recent weeks"

Is this implying that Lambert hasn't picked the team for the last few games? That would be all sorts of weird wouldn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:09 - Feb 28 with 3989 viewsBluefish

The team was miles away from anything Lambert has picked or believed in over his 2.5 years

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:09 - Feb 28 with 4039 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm told that Gill is going to be the caretaker and I have heard similar suggestions that he has had a more prominent role in recent games.
This quote in the EADT article... on 22:09 - Feb 28 with 4005 viewswkj

A few people said Gill supposedly had a leading role the last couple of days as it happens

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:10 - Feb 28 with 3954 viewsKieran_Knows

From what I’ve been told, it has been Gill picking the team in recent weeks with Lambert having expecting the sack.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:10 - Feb 28 with 3940 viewsDanTheMan

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:09 - Feb 28 by PhilTWTD

I'm told that Gill is going to be the caretaker and I have heard similar suggestions that he has had a more prominent role in recent games.

You know, I honestly thought that was just nonsense rumours even if it did seem weird he was giving the instructions on Saturday to the subs.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:11 - Feb 28 with 3871 viewsKieran_Knows

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:09 - Feb 28 by wkj

A few people said Gill supposedly had a leading role the last couple of days as it happens

100%

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:12 - Feb 28 with 3830 viewsjeera

"That would be all sorts of weird wouldn't it?"

But given how things have been going, would also make all kinds of sense.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 22:12]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:12 - Feb 28 with 3763 viewsxrayspecs

The Andy Warren EADT article only refers to Gill and Walker having more of a role as Stewart Taylor has been away from the club.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-sack-manager-paul-lambert

EDIT: Have seen the quote now from the Stuart Watson article. I am not sure it suggests that Lambert downed tools, but that he has had input from Walker and Gill in Taylors absence. Irrelevant now.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 22:18]
Login to get fewer ads

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:17 - Feb 28 with 3601 viewsjeera

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:12 - Feb 28 by xrayspecs

The Andy Warren EADT article only refers to Gill and Walker having more of a role as Stewart Taylor has been away from the club.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-sack-manager-paul-lambert

EDIT: Have seen the quote now from the Stuart Watson article. I am not sure it suggests that Lambert downed tools, but that he has had input from Walker and Gill in Taylors absence. Irrelevant now.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 22:18]

"Matt Gill and goalkeeping coach Jimmy Walker are likely to be in charge at the Wham Stadium, having played increasingly important roles in recent weeks while Taylor has been away from the club for personal reasons."

One way or another that amounts to their increased involvement.

Something, no matter how subtle, has changed very recently and has been obvious both on and off the pitch.

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:20 - Feb 28 with 3479 viewsxrayspecs

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:17 - Feb 28 by jeera

"Matt Gill and goalkeeping coach Jimmy Walker are likely to be in charge at the Wham Stadium, having played increasingly important roles in recent weeks while Taylor has been away from the club for personal reasons."

One way or another that amounts to their increased involvement.

Something, no matter how subtle, has changed very recently and has been obvious both on and off the pitch.

Your post and my edit crossed.

So Walker and Gill may be behind the move to 442 and the more settled line up?
That would be great... as we cannot lose this recent momentum on 22:20 - Feb 28 with 3478 viewsunstableblue

As in that Gill has been in charge and is responsible for recent uplift in form

I wonder how much change in team selection we’ll see... and if dyer, butcher and/or klugg will be supporting them on Tuesday
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 22:21]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

That would be great... as we cannot lose this recent momentum on 22:21 - Feb 28 with 3432 viewsKieran_Knows

That would be great... as we cannot lose this recent momentum on 22:20 - Feb 28 by unstableblue

As in that Gill has been in charge and is responsible for recent uplift in form

I wonder how much change in team selection we’ll see... and if dyer, butcher and/or klugg will be supporting them on Tuesday
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 22:21]

Dyer and Butcher won’t be involved.

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:23 - Feb 28 with 3359 viewsjeera

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:20 - Feb 28 by xrayspecs

Your post and my edit crossed.

So Walker and Gill may be behind the move to 442 and the more settled line up?

Who knows speccers?

But we have seen surely something has been different over the past 3 - 4 games at least.

The style, the approach, the personnel.

The one shame here might be that these are capable of doing something, as is sometimes seen with 'caretaker' roles, and they instead get dismissed when a new man comes in.

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:34 - Feb 28 with 3168 viewsMVBlue

Trying to work out whats being suggested here..... Lambert wasn't attending press conferences, Was he not picking the team last 4 games, was he at the matches on the side lines?? With no fans in the ground, was there coverage that showed him stood on the touch-line?

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:34 - Feb 28 with 3149 viewschrismakin

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:09 - Feb 28 by PhilTWTD

Gill was certainly in charge yesturday. Was very vocal. Very involved and was doing lots of work on the touchline.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:36 - Feb 28 with 3075 viewsPlums

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:34 - Feb 28 by MVBlue

Trying to work out whats being suggested here..... Lambert wasn't attending press conferences, Was he not picking the team last 4 games, was he at the matches on the side lines?? With no fans in the ground, was there coverage that showed him stood on the touch-line?

Yes he was there but seemed to only be involved when greeting players leaving the pitch when subbed.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

This quote in the EADT article... on 23:58 - Feb 28 with 2660 viewsGarv

This quote in the EADT article... on 22:36 - Feb 28 by Plums

Yes he was there but seemed to only be involved when greeting players leaving the pitch when subbed.

That's not true. He was still out in the technical area and vocal as normal. Stu Watson said he was the one continuously coaching Bennetts through the game at Hull.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

This quote in the EADT article... on 00:11 - Mar 1 with 2581 viewsjeera

This quote in the EADT article... on 23:58 - Feb 28 by Garv

That's not true. He was still out in the technical area and vocal as normal. Stu Watson said he was the one continuously coaching Bennetts through the game at Hull.

What do you like about Lambert?

This quote in the EADT article... on 00:35 - Mar 1 with 2504 viewsBlueBorn86

I wonder what “ there were significant differences as to the order of immediate priorities” means? Very odd.

If you are selling up surely that’s your one and only priority and the managers only priority is to manage the team the best he can until told otherwise? Or am I missing something?
This quote in the EADT article... on 00:41 - Mar 1 with 2472 viewsArnoldMoorhen

This quote in the EADT article... on 00:35 - Mar 1 by BlueBorn86

I wonder what “ there were significant differences as to the order of immediate priorities” means? Very odd.

If you are selling up surely that’s your one and only priority and the managers only priority is to manage the team the best he can until told otherwise? Or am I missing something?

Evans: I'm going to sell the club, and the new owners don't want you, but I need you to stay and be 100% committed until the takeover is finalised.

Lambert: Get f****d!

= significant differences of opinion over the order of immediate priorities
This quote in the EADT article... on 00:51 - Mar 1 with 2424 viewsjeera

This quote in the EADT article... on 00:35 - Mar 1 by BlueBorn86

Possibly in this daft insistence of doing things his way, when what he really has been doing is contradicting himself consistently?

Mick Mills summed up Lambert nicely yesterday when he said one his main mistakes has been making a big deal of every decision he has made.

Like everything has been set in stone, announcing it publicly then sticking steadfastly to that statement each time until it's late in the day and then going completely against it.

I'm playing this way, no that way, I'm not playing this formation cos it doesn't work, then did.

I don't listen to anyone else, except when it was clear he did.

Every time he nailed his colours to some mast and then changed things again.

More U-Turns than you know who; the fat bloke in government.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 0:58]

This quote in the EADT article... on 16:01 - Mar 1 with 1806 viewsGarv

This quote in the EADT article... on 00:11 - Mar 1 by jeera

What do you like about Lambert?

His Hugo Boss jumpers.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024