Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to forget the past now 17:15 - Mar 15 with 4835 viewschrismakin

Bit of a shame regarding take over but also could be a blessing when you have no idea how it would have ended up. Lots of clubs have gone onto better things following a take over but plenty have gone the other way even more so than us under Evans.

Time to get behind everyone at the club now. We hope ME has learnt from Lambert in regards to structure and hopefully Paul Cook will also be vocal and get things in place we need.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Time to forget the past now on 17:16 - Mar 15 with 2523 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea it might not have worked out so lets be relieved we're staying with the owner where we've seen constant decline.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Time to forget the past now on 17:18 - Mar 15 with 2494 viewschrismakin

Time to forget the past now on 17:16 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

Yea it might not have worked out so lets be relieved we're staying with the owner where we've seen constant decline.

I'm not happy. But nothing I can do about it. So all I can do as a town fan is support the current owner and manager.

Would be alot worse if it was still Lambert as manager though I must admit.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Time to forget the past now on 17:18 - Mar 15 with 2490 viewsGeorge03

Exactly pual cook success has come on small budgets. If we don’t go up this year he can have a clear out and get in the player he wants under Evans restrictions.
Time to forget the past now on 17:19 - Mar 15 with 2482 viewsJ2BLUE

Time to forget the past now on 17:18 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

I'm not happy. But nothing I can do about it. So all I can do as a town fan is support the current owner and manager.

That's funny, you seem like you couldn't wait to post his.

Truly impaired.

Time to forget the past now on 17:20 - Mar 15 with 2468 viewschrismakin

Time to forget the past now on 17:19 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

That's funny, you seem like you couldn't wait to post his.

What my reply to you? Is there a time limit between replies lol

Time to forget the past now on 17:20 - Mar 15 with 2449 viewsSteve_M

You've convinced yourself Paul Lambert was the only problem at this club, that was never the case.

Evans has been clueless throughout his ownership, lacking any sort of strategy and cutting costs anywhere outside the first team squad to the detriment of the club. Essentially the club will no longer proper with him in charge however good the manager may be. we'll just be ticking over at best. Our ceiling is about 15th in the Championship but it will take a lot of effort to achieve even that now.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 19:29]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Time to forget the past now on 17:21 - Mar 15 with 2437 viewsWallingford_Boy

Time to forget the past now on 17:18 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

Exactly, getting rid of Lambert was the main issue!

I do smile at fans blaming ME for EVERYTHING that has gone wrong at the club in recent years, some of his appointments, at least on paper looked very good.

Managers not getting best out of half decent players, players not performing isn't really down to him and he has chucked millions into the club for years now with nothing to show for it.

But I guess the buck stops at the top so I can see why fans are pointing the finger.

RIP Sir Bobby

Time to forget the past now on 17:21 - Mar 15 with 2433 viewsJ2BLUE

Time to forget the past now on 17:20 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

What my reply to you? Is there a time limit between replies lol

This thread.

Gutted really. Lets hope it's not another decade before he thinks about another offer. We could be in the national league by then.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Time to forget the past now on 17:22 - Mar 15 with 2422 viewsJ2BLUE

Time to forget the past now on 17:21 - Mar 15 by Wallingford_Boy

Exactly, getting rid of Lambert was the main issue!

I do smile at fans blaming ME for EVERYTHING that has gone wrong at the club in recent years, some of his appointments, at least on paper looked very good.

Managers not getting best out of half decent players, players not performing isn't really down to him and he has chucked millions into the club for years now with nothing to show for it.

But I guess the buck stops at the top so I can see why fans are pointing the finger.

If you can't see it by now...
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 17:22]

Truly impaired.

Time to forget the past now on 17:24 - Mar 15 with 2385 viewschrismakin

Time to forget the past now on 17:21 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

This thread.

Gutted really. Lets hope it's not another decade before he thinks about another offer. We could be in the national league by then.

Oh dont get me wrong. I'm gutted. But likewise there are so many occasions where club take overs falls through.

Just saying I'm hoping Marcus has learnt something and it's a wake up call he needs.

But plenty for us to be positive about going forwards despite the take over falling through.

[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 17:26]

Time to forget the past now on 17:27 - Mar 15 with 2355 viewsghostofescobar

Yep, a real blessing to be left with the bloke who has ripped the club apart, stripped it down, let it slowly rot, has fvck all knowledge on running a football club, made us a laughing stock at points this season, made bad decisions after bad decisions over a decade, has zero connection with the fans, remote from the club and taken it to it's lowest ebb in 60 odd years. Can't tell you how blessed I feel right now.

ME has learnt and will change nothing. If PC succeeds it will be in spite of, not because of that d1ckhead that's let us rot. He may (at last) get lucky with his managerial appointment, but luck only takes you so far.

GhostOfEscobar

Evans did tell you all!! (n/t) on 17:27 - Mar 15 with 2344 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Time to forget the past now on 17:29 - Mar 15 with 2324 viewsWallingford_Boy

Time to forget the past now on 17:22 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

If you can't see it by now...
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 17:22]

sigh....

RIP Sir Bobby

Time to forget the past now on 17:32 - Mar 15 with 2292 viewschrismakin

Time to forget the past now on 17:27 - Mar 15 by ghostofescobar

Yep, a real blessing to be left with the bloke who has ripped the club apart, stripped it down, let it slowly rot, has fvck all knowledge on running a football club, made us a laughing stock at points this season, made bad decisions after bad decisions over a decade, has zero connection with the fans, remote from the club and taken it to it's lowest ebb in 60 odd years. Can't tell you how blessed I feel right now.

ME has learnt and will change nothing. If PC succeeds it will be in spite of, not because of that d1ckhead that's let us rot. He may (at last) get lucky with his managerial appointment, but luck only takes you so far.

But ME hired Cook. So. You would unfortunately have to give him credit when PC succeeds whether you like it or not.

End of day your gutted about a take over not happening where we had no idea who was potentially taking it over or what their actual plans for it were.

Time to forget the past now on 17:33 - Mar 15 with 2277 viewsclive_baker

I wouldn’t be so sure this deal is dead in the water tbf

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Time to forget the past now on 17:34 - Mar 15 with 2266 viewsIllinoisblue

Time to forget the past now on 17:32 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

But ME hired Cook. So. You would unfortunately have to give him credit when PC succeeds whether you like it or not.

End of day your gutted about a take over not happening where we had no idea who was potentially taking it over or what their actual plans for it were.

I always give thanks to the guy who burnt my house down and then turns up with a bucket of water

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Time to forget the past now on 17:37 - Mar 15 with 2223 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

"End of the day your [sic] gutted about a takeover"

Your pretence at being gutted personally didn't last very long...
Time to forget the past now on 17:38 - Mar 15 with 2204 viewsLankHenners

Not really. McCarthy very much succeeded (relatively) despite Evans. Even the most fervent anti-Mick nutter would admit that Evans refusing to properly support Mick was the reason we didn't progress any further.

Same with Cook - unless Evans drastically changes how he runs things he'll have his work cut out to get us anywhere close to where we were under MM.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Time to forget the past now on 17:38 - Mar 15 with 2199 viewsChurchman

Time to forget the past now on 17:24 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

Oh dont get me wrong. I'm gutted. But likewise there are so many occasions where club take overs falls through.

Just saying I'm hoping Marcus has learnt something and it's a wake up call he needs.

But plenty for us to be positive about going forwards despite the take over falling through.

[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 17:26]

If he hasn’t woken up in 13 years he isn’t going to now. Wake up calls and learning? Cost cutting and selling. They’re his speciality. Perhaps he’ll be able to flog off that part of the training ground for development anyway. That should help ‘the portfolio’

There will be no club left by the time Evans finishes.
Time to forget the past now on 17:40 - Mar 15 with 2170 viewsGlasgowBlue

Time to forget the past now on 17:16 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Time to forget the past now on 17:41 - Mar 15 with 2172 viewschrismakin

Time to forget the past now on 17:37 - Mar 15 by DropCliffsNotBombs

"End of the day your [sic] gutted about a takeover"

Your pretence at being gutted personally didn't last very long...

I am gutted, doesnt mean I cant also be ok about it not happening at the same time.

It was one of those where if it happened it could have changed town for the better. But likewise it could have ended the club for good. So I'm just going to support PC and the club as it is.

Time to forget the past now on 17:41 - Mar 15 with 2167 viewsghostofescobar

Nope, gutted cos ME stays. Simple as that. I desperately, desperately want PC to succeed, but if he does, it just papers over the cracks. I would find it hard to give ME credit: law of averages says he has to get lucky at some point and make the right appointment.

GhostOfEscobar

Time to forget the past now on 17:45 - Mar 15 with 2132 viewsChurchman

Time to forget the past now on 17:41 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

I am gutted, doesnt mean I cant also be ok about it not happening at the same time.

It was one of those where if it happened it could have changed town for the better. But likewise it could have ended the club for good. So I'm just going to support PC and the club as it is.

So where do you think the club is going under Evans’ stewardship? Seriously, where do you think we will be in 5 years time if he is here?
Time to forget the past now on 17:50 - Mar 15 with 2098 viewschrismakin

Time to forget the past now on 17:45 - Mar 15 by Churchman

So where do you think the club is going under Evans’ stewardship? Seriously, where do you think we will be in 5 years time if he is here?

I dont know.

I'll wait to see what his structure plans are for the summer

Time to forget the past now on 17:53 - Mar 15 with 2083 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

They couldn't even do the easy bit which is buying the club, so I doubt they were out saviours.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 17:53]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024