Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert 15:15 - Apr 18 with 2714 viewsSitfcB

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/i-wouldnt-rule-out-a-move-abroad-and-im-using-davi

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 15:24 - Apr 18 with 2298 viewspositivity

for his own health and wellbeing he should stay out of management.

not a fan of keane, but he knows what he's good at and has never gone back into management after his failure at ipswich.

lambert's had 3 or 4 failures in a row now, so he needs to get the message

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 15:24 - Apr 18 with 2284 viewsjeera

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 15:24 - Apr 18 by positivity

not a fan of keane, but he knows what he's good at and has never gone back into management after his failure at ipswich.

“I was in Germany as a player".

You don't say.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 15:33 - Apr 18 with 2211 viewsgainsboroughblue

He left us in a decent place, just outside the play-offs.

What he fails to mention is that when he joined, we were a championship club (albeit at the bottom) and more than once we have been top with games in hand in League One.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 15:47 - Apr 18 with 2104 viewsChurchman

He left the club in the third division with a bloated unfit squad that had been played off the pitch by the likes of Swindon, Lincoln and Doncaster Rovers. Thanks Paul. I know you are good at PR, but do you really think that?

Lambert had his chance and will go down in this clubs history as slightly better than hapless Hurst and slightly worse than Paul Jewell and madman Keane. Good riddance. Idiot man.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 15:49]
'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 15:53 - Apr 18 with 2055 viewsEnigma_Blue

'left the club in a more than decent place' .

His football management career is likely to be over for good but with comments like that he should maybe consider a career in comedy.
'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:00 - Apr 18 with 2031 viewsbrogansnose

His delusional view of himself and his compulsive need to have his ego stroked is incredible.

The bloke has got issues.
'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:13 - Apr 18 with 1948 viewsLeoMuff

Oh Paul, 32% win rate, lowest league finish in a generation with the biggest budget in the league, a squad of 142 players with 2 being good enough, and 0 being fit enough, 6 hugely expensive barely playing loans.

Yes it did look better Paul after Matt got you those 3 wins, but decent ? I think only you in your Bundesliga fantasy land believe that.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:15 - Apr 18 with 1934 viewsgtsb1966

Words fail me.
Login to get fewer ads

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:18 - Apr 18 with 1917 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting, a 'watch this space' heads up? Lambert was clearly very frustrated at the tail end of the tenure of Marcus Evans at Town and no doubt has a lot more information than he is allowed to let on. But it is possible to read a little bit from his feral canniness and the 'left the Club in a better place' probably relates to setting out the stark realities of pursuing success without either sufficient funding or sufficient discipline across all departments. Maybe he has made both Paul Cook's and Gamechanger 20's job easier.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:19 - Apr 18 with 1911 viewsTieDyedIn95

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 15:33 - Apr 18 by gainsboroughblue

He left us in a decent place, just outside the play-offs.

What he fails to mention is that when he joined, we were a championship club (albeit at the bottom) and more than once we have been top with games in hand in League One.

We were in the Championship, but our players were middle of the road League One players though because that's what you get when you cut your budget year on year, get shot off all your best players and recruit exclusively from Shrewsbury, Grimsby, Accrington, Bristol Rovers and Crawley Town.

Lambert never had a Championship squad at Ipswich Town. His biggest failing was not recognizing that what we had wasn't good enough in 2019 and then not pushing Evans to do a massive overhaul then, he waited until a week or so before he was fired to let Evans know the squad was a bit sh1t and that's after he recruited a load of rubbish "bit of help" on loan to try and fill the gaps.

We've never been good enough to get promoted from this league. The players we have, as a group aside from Ward, Skuse and Chambers have never been promoted out of it during their whole careers, they were all middle of the road or lower than League One players when we signed them.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:37 - Apr 18 with 1839 viewsChurchman

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:19 - Apr 18 by TieDyedIn95

We were in the Championship, but our players were middle of the road League One players though because that's what you get when you cut your budget year on year, get shot off all your best players and recruit exclusively from Shrewsbury, Grimsby, Accrington, Bristol Rovers and Crawley Town.

Lambert never had a Championship squad at Ipswich Town. His biggest failing was not recognizing that what we had wasn't good enough in 2019 and then not pushing Evans to do a massive overhaul then, he waited until a week or so before he was fired to let Evans know the squad was a bit sh1t and that's after he recruited a load of rubbish "bit of help" on loan to try and fill the gaps.

We've never been good enough to get promoted from this league. The players we have, as a group aside from Ward, Skuse and Chambers have never been promoted out of it during their whole careers, they were all middle of the road or lower than League One players when we signed them.

Lambert didn’t know a team from a teapot. Basically, he was full of wind.

Good luck to any club that employers him next.
'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:43 - Apr 18 with 1807 viewsEsseeja

I genuinely cannot tell whether he is serious or not anymore.

Thankfully, his comments led us to a trusted cooker, mind you that cooker has been heated recently.
'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:46 - Apr 18 with 1790 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:54 - Apr 18 with 1757 viewsHarry_Palmer

“It’s much better to have highs, but you need to be able to deal with the lows, and learn from them. The lows definitely make you stronger.”

Blimey, he must be the strongest man in football by now!

I don't think we will be seeing you in a dugout anytime soon Paul, enjoy the early retirement.
'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 17:10 - Apr 18 with 1688 viewsBlueBadger

From TWTD's FB page:

'Jon Tayler
His parting shots ring true now. So wanted him to succeed, loved the Paul Lambert is a blue being belted out. Wonder if he had the financial support that Paul Cook now has at his disposal would he have done a decent job? Best of Scottish luck to you, I think you’ll need it'

Someone REALLY enjoyed their free beer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 17:12 - Apr 18 with 1664 viewsBlueBadger

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 15:24 - Apr 18 by positivity

For the health and wellbeing of fellow football league clubs he should stay out of management.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 17:22 - Apr 18 with 1631 viewsHipsterectomy

He also gave an 80 min long interview with a random Celtic fan channel

yet couldn't give the local media 5 minutes of his time after matches lol

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 17:23 - Apr 18 with 1629 viewsBlueBadger

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:19 - Apr 18 by TieDyedIn95

I wasn't necessarily expecting to stay up, but I at least expected us to finish above Rotherham and basket-case Bolton and show some fight.

We didn't and he should have gone there and then.
It's worth pointing out that these 'bad players' went 14 games unbeaten start of last season. It was only when other sides got up to full fitness we were found out, because Lambert thought he could just keep getting away with sending out an old XI. He either forgot that you still need to coach, prepare tactics and motivate your players or he was too lazy and incompetent to do so.

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 17:33 - Apr 18 with 1581 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 16:00 - Apr 18 by brogansnose

His delusional view of himself and his compulsive need to have his ego stroked is incredible.

The bloke has got issues.

He's just putting himself in the shop window.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 17:50 - Apr 18 with 1526 viewsBlueBadger

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 17:33 - Apr 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

In his case, he's the metaphorical broken Fisher Price garage in the window of a backsreet charity shop.

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 17:53 - Apr 18 with 1501 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Feel like he's one of the ex club stuff we really don't need coverage of. Waster.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 18:03 - Apr 18 with 1457 viewsTractorWood

Can't wait to start thinking about my next compensation...I mean club.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 18:04 - Apr 18 with 1448 viewsTerra_Farma

What a moby.
'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 18:11 - Apr 18 with 1425 viewsOldsmoker

Seriously?
A shiny polished t*rd is still a t*rd.
You're not getting another job, so do everyone a favour and retire.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 18:15 - Apr 18 with 1404 viewsRozz

'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert on 17:33 - Apr 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'll wager there's a position or two opening up in Germany and his agent has advised him to pop out of the woodwork. His career in English football is surely over, and everyone loves him in Germany don't you know, guys at the highest levels of football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024