Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinan 18:43 - May 10 with 2574 viewsSTYG

Why the outrage.

Nowhere near good enough. But ...

He came from Ireland as a punt and will be one of, if not the lowest earner around the first team regularly. So we’ve simply agreed to extent that for a player that probably won’t feature but is a backup in Cooks preferred system who could improve at 23 and be half decent.

Chances are he won’t get a look in but it’s not as if he’s on £10k a week is it.
Drinan on 18:44 - May 10 with 2136 viewsJ2BLUE

Out on loan surely?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Drinan on 18:44 - May 10 with 2134 viewsDanTheMan

Because he's not played that well. Even as back up, we are going to be playing one striker and I'd rather one of the squad places was going to be taken up by someone better.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Drinan on 18:45 - May 10 with 2103 viewsSitfcB

Whatever he’s on it’s a waste and a waste of a squad space.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Drinan on 18:46 - May 10 with 2081 viewsfranz_tyson

He takes up a spot in the squad. We’re only allowed 20 over 21’s. The more we keep - the less we bring in. Seeing as Cook couldn’t get this squad ticking, it’s a bit concerning we’re keeping so many.
Drinan on 18:46 - May 10 with 2059 viewschrismakin

An academy player would cost even less and do the same job and wouldnt take up a squad place.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Drinan on 18:47 - May 10 with 2046 viewsSwailsey

Drinan on 18:46 - May 10 by chrismakin

An academy player would cost even less and do the same job and wouldnt take up a squad place.

Yes but how do you really feel about Drinan?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

The derision of Drinan is well over the top on 18:47 - May 10 with 2046 viewsunstableblue

.... I thought he put in some promising displays, plus one or two to forget, add some goals then his hold up play, close control and physical presence gives us something

Surprised at Nydam thought as I thought his tenacity and energy could be built on

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Drinan on 18:47 - May 10 with 2038 viewsSTYG

Drinan on 18:44 - May 10 by J2BLUE

Out on loan surely?

Quite possible.

Keep him on a pittance, send him out to League Two and he either does nothing and is released in a year or shows promise and improves and comes back to a new contract offer.

Kieffer Moore was playing for Yeovil and Torquay and hardly tearing it up and a few years later he’s worth millions, banging them in in the championship and the main striker for Wales.

If Drinan was on first team money he’d have been off. Quite simply he’s a low risk punt at another year in the hope he could improve, when he probably won’t.
Login to get fewer ads

Drinan on 18:49 - May 10 with 2013 viewsSTYG

Drinan on 18:46 - May 10 by franz_tyson

He takes up a spot in the squad. We’re only allowed 20 over 21’s. The more we keep - the less we bring in. Seeing as Cook couldn’t get this squad ticking, it’s a bit concerning we’re keeping so many.

Assuming he’s being kept to feature regularly.

Chances are he will be loaned out to League Two or thereabouts in the hope he improves.
Drinan on 18:50 - May 10 with 1996 viewsKeaneish

“We’re going to recruit like we’re a Championship side”. Drinan will never cut it at Championship level. If he plays Checktrade and League Cup games it’ll help balance the squad rather than having lots of players with too much quality not getting games though. He

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The derision of Drinan is well over the top on 18:52 - May 10 with 1968 viewsDanTheMan

The derision of Drinan is well over the top on 18:47 - May 10 by unstableblue

.... I thought he put in some promising displays, plus one or two to forget, add some goals then his hold up play, close control and physical presence gives us something

Surprised at Nydam thought as I thought his tenacity and energy could be built on

"add some goals then his hold up play, close control"

So... be a better striker?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Drinan on 18:53 - May 10 with 1945 viewsLeoMuff

As a regular first team plater at 22/23 this season he is a step up from any of our u23 or u18s, and very cheap, you would think we will have a new striker, Norwood and Drinan will be cheap back up with potential to improve.

But it is a bit of a surprise

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Drinan on 19:15 - May 10 with 1846 viewsRobTheMonk

Let's not write him off just yet. Remember Kieffer Moore...
Drinan on 19:39 - May 10 with 1780 viewsfranz_tyson

Drinan on 18:53 - May 10 by LeoMuff

As a regular first team plater at 22/23 this season he is a step up from any of our u23 or u18s, and very cheap, you would think we will have a new striker, Norwood and Drinan will be cheap back up with potential to improve.

But it is a bit of a surprise

Didn’t Cook say he was going for a small squad. I don’t care how cheap he is. He’s shown no potential to score goals. It’s false economy - you might as well pay more for a few quality players rather than padding out the squad with cheap squad filler.
Drinan on 19:41 - May 10 with 1753 viewsSpruceMoose

"Why the outrage."

Excuse me ma'am, have been been on this forum before?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Drinan on 19:46 - May 10 with 1709 viewsTrequartista

We're playing 4-2-3-1, cutting the squad size, and are surely signing a striker or two as the current set are fairly woeful. So if Jackson, Norwood and Hawkins are all under contract, why would we possibly need Drinan?

Baffling decision.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 19:46]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Drinan on 19:46 - May 10 with 1708 viewsLeoMuff

Drinan on 19:39 - May 10 by franz_tyson

Didn’t Cook say he was going for a small squad. I don’t care how cheap he is. He’s shown no potential to score goals. It’s false economy - you might as well pay more for a few quality players rather than padding out the squad with cheap squad filler.

If we play 4231 then having 3 or 4 strikers on top pay all wanting to start isn’t going to work, some cheaper squad filler with potential to improve is essential

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Drinan on 19:50 - May 10 with 1663 viewsjayessess

Drinan on 18:44 - May 10 by J2BLUE

Out on loan surely?

Would be very strange to trigger a 1-year renewal just to send the lad out on loan. Why put yourself on the hook for his wages so he can play for someone else for 12 months then reappear at the end of his contract?

What would be the potential upside?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Drinan on 19:53 - May 10 with 1635 viewsSpruceMoose

Drinan on 19:50 - May 10 by jayessess

Would be very strange to trigger a 1-year renewal just to send the lad out on loan. Why put yourself on the hook for his wages so he can play for someone else for 12 months then reappear at the end of his contract?

What would be the potential upside?

Just grasping at straws here but maybe there's a suggestion he could improve significantly over the next 12 months, but also a suggestion he's not going to improve at all, full stop.

I don't know what the thinking behind keeping a seemingly rubbish striker. Nobody does right now. I'm happy to wait and see what develops though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Drinan on 19:58 - May 10 with 1594 viewsSteve_M

Was Paul Cook a guest in Sky when Drinan played well against Wigan on the opening weekend of the season? There was something in that performance from AD that he’s not got close to replicating.

Might just be a cheap punt that he can and, however unlikely that is, Kiefer Moore didn’t show much here either.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Drinan on 19:59 - May 10 with 1584 viewsjayessess

Drinan on 19:53 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

Just grasping at straws here but maybe there's a suggestion he could improve significantly over the next 12 months, but also a suggestion he's not going to improve at all, full stop.

I don't know what the thinking behind keeping a seemingly rubbish striker. Nobody does right now. I'm happy to wait and see what develops though.

Even if he did improve significantly he'd be out of contract though.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Drinan on 20:02 - May 10 with 1536 viewsSpruceMoose

Drinan on 19:59 - May 10 by jayessess

Even if he did improve significantly he'd be out of contract though.

At which point we'd offer him a new one presumably. I dunno. Consider it one last punt on the bloke.

Drinan on 20:02 - May 10 with 1535 viewsWD19

If I had only kept half a dozen players, Nydam would have been one.

Therefore the fact we have kept a fistful of dross is really winding me up.
Drinan on 20:06 - May 10 with 1505 viewsfranz_tyson

Drinan on 19:46 - May 10 by LeoMuff

If we play 4231 then having 3 or 4 strikers on top pay all wanting to start isn’t going to work, some cheaper squad filler with potential to improve is essential

I’d truly would want 3 or 4 strikers who believe they should be in the starting line up and can score goals. It’s called healthy competition. Something we’ve been missing for a long time. I hope you’re right about Drinan’s potential. He’s been here 3 or 4 years and scored just 1 goal with a tackle. Plenty of huff n puff - but little else.
Drinan on 20:15 - May 10 with 1474 viewsGuthrum

Drinan on 20:06 - May 10 by franz_tyson

I’d truly would want 3 or 4 strikers who believe they should be in the starting line up and can score goals. It’s called healthy competition. Something we’ve been missing for a long time. I hope you’re right about Drinan’s potential. He’s been here 3 or 4 years and scored just 1 goal with a tackle. Plenty of huff n puff - but little else.

With a squad limit of 20 over-21s, we haven't got the space for that many.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024