Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks 11:25 - Jul 15 with 2426 viewsdanchances22

Rotherham advertiser saying a championship club has bid up to 1.25m for Crooks which includes add ons. Probably puts us out of it now……
https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,second-championship-club-bid-for
Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:38 - Jul 15 with 2254 viewsGuthrum

If you include add-ons, not so sure. It may be more than we want to pay, but not more than we can.

Say there's an add-on for promotion to a higher division. Are we, as a fairly big fish in the League One pool, more likely to achieve one in the short term than some perennial lower-to-mid Champ club?

Might he be more likely to trigger appearance clauses as an important member of Town's squad?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:40 - Jul 15 with 2235 viewsStokieBlue

Fraser looks very much like a number 10 in the videos, it's possible he's come in for that role and we moved on from Crooks.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:41 - Jul 15 with 2208 viewsFtnfwest

would think so, at least he won't be playing against us this season though!
Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:42 - Jul 15 with 2164 viewschrismakin

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:40 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

Fraser looks very much like a number 10 in the videos, it's possible he's come in for that role and we moved on from Crooks.

SB

Can see us signing both as Crooks can cover DM and AM. Fraser can cover AM and DM and LM if needed.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:43 - Jul 15 with 2129 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Suspect that means we had moved on from Crooks then and thats why Fraser seemed to happen so quickly.

Suspect we've paid about 600k for Fraser, which isn't a million miles away from our initial bid for Crooks. That being said, we were, (are), in for Celina and I don't see we'd get much change from £1m there.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:44 - Jul 15 with 2122 viewsTractorCam

Yes if there really is a bid at that price then i'd say we are definitely out. Whilst i'd love Crooks, Fraser is also a great signing for that position. Sure we may need another one, but we have El Mizouni who I think is more than capable filling that position should he be required.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:45 - Jul 15 with 2083 viewsStokieBlue

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:42 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

Can see us signing both as Crooks can cover DM and AM. Fraser can cover AM and DM and LM if needed.

Not sure those are two players you get because they cover many positions, you get them to start.

Has Fraser ever played DM? Where do you get this information from?

SB

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:47 - Jul 15 with 2036 viewshype313

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:44 - Jul 15 by TractorCam

Yes if there really is a bid at that price then i'd say we are definitely out. Whilst i'd love Crooks, Fraser is also a great signing for that position. Sure we may need another one, but we have El Mizouni who I think is more than capable filling that position should he be required.

Both Stuart and Phil said yesterday after the announcement that the Signing of Fraser doesn't mean we've moved on from Crooks, far from it reading between the lines.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:48 - Jul 15 with 2023 viewsSomethingBlue

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:40 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

SB

Not so sure about that — I don't think we would sign Crooks as a "pure" 10, he's never been one. He can play up there but has occupied pretty much every midfield role going for Rotherham.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:51 - Jul 15 with 1917 viewschrismakin

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:45 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

Not sure those are two players you get because they cover many positions, you get them to start.

Has Fraser ever played DM? Where do you get this information from?

SB

Well 1 of our new signings would miss out occasionally if we got Crooks. But it would be a strong selection to have available

Ignore my DM bit I meant CM.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:51 - Jul 15 with 1922 viewsStokieBlue

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:48 - Jul 15 by SomethingBlue

Not so sure about that — I don't think we would sign Crooks as a "pure" 10, he's never been one. He can play up there but has occupied pretty much every midfield role going for Rotherham.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge, just seems strange to concentrate on so many CM's who can't all play when there are other positions which need strengthening, especially when the likes of Nolan are still here as support.

SB

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:53 - Jul 15 with 1855 viewspointofblue

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:51 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

I'll bow to your superior knowledge, just seems strange to concentrate on so many CM's who can't all play when there are other positions which need strengthening, especially when the likes of Nolan are still here as support.

SB

Fraser has played out on the left before - we’ve probably only signed him as cover for that position and our intention to play him through the middle. I guess our intention would be to play Evans, Fraser and Crooks through the middle with Harper as first reserve where required.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:54 - Jul 15 with 1844 viewsjayessess

SB

Three slots to fill - Evans, Harper, Fraser and Nolan to fill them. I can definitely see why you'd want a fifth senior midfielder who can play in all three positions.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:56 - Jul 15 with 1792 viewschrismakin

SB

I think PC is covering all potential situations. If we have an injury midgame hes able to make a change that doesnt have a negative effect on the style etc being used in that game... unlike taking off a downes and bringing on a judge.

We know we will see Widemen coming in soon hopefully and then a CB and we all good to go.

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:57 - Jul 15 with 1782 viewsSixto6

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:53 - Jul 15 by pointofblue

Fraser has played out on the left before - we’ve probably only signed him as cover for that position and our intention to play him through the middle. I guess our intention would be to play Evans, Fraser and Crooks through the middle with Harper as first reserve where required.

It’s funny that Warne only names Town/Cook but never the “other bidders”
I think he knows Crooks wants to leave and just wants to fuel a bidding war - hopefully we are still very much in the mix to get this over the line !
Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:57 - Jul 15 with 1783 viewsTractorCam

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:47 - Jul 15 by hype313

Both Stuart and Phil said yesterday after the announcement that the Signing of Fraser doesn't mean we've moved on from Crooks, far from it reading between the lines.

Indeed, but i'd presume more at the high six figure mark rather than £1.25m. Although I don't reckon these offers exist.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 12:00 - Jul 15 with 1743 viewscrossyitfc

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 11:53 - Jul 15 by pointofblue

Where has this notion come from that Harper is going to being playing second fiddle? Played 40+ games at Championship level and a couple in the Prem ffs!
Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 12:01 - Jul 15 with 1715 viewspointofblue

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 12:00 - Jul 15 by crossyitfc

Where has this notion come from that Harper is going to being playing second fiddle? Played 40+ games at Championship level and a couple in the Prem ffs!

Who would your three first choice central midfielders be out of Crooks, Evans, Fraser and Harper?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 12:03 - Jul 15 with 1696 viewsSomethingBlue

SB

We're still juggling a lot of things all over the park TBF — and we do need to be well stocked. Imagine if we got 4 or 5 injuries now (and it'll happen at some point, we can guarantee it). We'd be threadbare, for all the good work we've done. I think there's room for at least Crooks and Celina in those options for front six, and maybe a winger beyond that. We do need to sort out a centre-back pairing sharpish though, for certain.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 12:08 - Jul 15 with 1646 viewsNthQldITFC

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 12:01 - Jul 15 by pointofblue

Who would your three first choice central midfielders be out of Crooks, Evans, Fraser and Harper?

For me Harper and Evans are the two deeper lying, and the three ahead are Fraser, Burns and Bonne as things stand. If we got Crooks, he's in the three not the two.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 12:09 - Jul 15 with 1628 viewscrossyitfc

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 12:01 - Jul 15 by pointofblue

In the likelihood of a 4-2-3-1 I'd have Crooks ahead of Fraser in the number 10 spot and Evans/Harper sat behind. Crooks becoming increasingly unlikely now I think.
Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 13:04 - Jul 15 with 1399 viewsN2_Blue

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 12:09 - Jul 15 by crossyitfc

In the likelihood of a 4-2-3-1 I'd have Crooks ahead of Fraser in the number 10 spot and Evans/Harper sat behind. Crooks becoming increasingly unlikely now I think.

Crooks will move to the Championship.

If no champ club had come in it would have been a strong possibility of us signing him, but now it's over.

I think the club probably realise that too and went for Fraser. yes they'd still like Crooks hence Phil saying the signing doesn't mean end of interest in Crooks but it's just highly unlikely now as think he'll want to stay at that level and the bids are growing. He's too good for L1 and at a pivotal stage of his career.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Championship team bids 1.25m for Crooks on 13:11 - Jul 15 with 1339 viewsVic

Reading this thread though reminds me that none of us have a clue what’s going on really!

But for a change it’s fun to watch and wonder and speculate isn’t it. It’s been a while since we’ve been able to do that with any confidence.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024