Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, masks yesterday…. 17:26 - Aug 8 with 3955 viewsMatt_Netherlands

What was it like around the ground in general? I was in SBRU and I thought I’d grown a second head, with some of the looks I was getting for wearing one in my way in and out the ground.

Keen to know what it was like in other areas of the ground? I’d say in the SBR concourses, fewer than 10% had a mask on. Not that there was much being done by stewards / signs / announcements to reinforce the rule that they are meant to be worn in them.

So, masks yesterday…. on 17:37 - Aug 8 with 3293 viewsDubtractor

Hardly any masks at all in Pioneer. I wore mine in the concourse etc, out of some sort of respect for staff working there, but a bit of a futile gesture really.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So, masks yesterday…. on 17:38 - Aug 8 with 3288 viewsbluelagos

Churchmans had maybe 1 in 10 max with a mask around me. Slightly more in the concourse.

Tbf, when I left, I looked around and it struck me how well ventilated the concourse area is. Huge high ceilings with plenty of air in/out spots.

It simply doesn't strike me as an enclosed (high risk) space, unlike say the toilets.

Quite clearly most people, rightly or wrongly, were pretty relaxed in the stadium. Ì also looked around and reckon anyone anxious should get a seat (or just move) to the corners of the upper tier of the North stand. Plenty of empty seats there yesterday.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So, masks yesterday…. on 17:45 - Aug 8 with 3215 viewsWD19

So, masks yesterday…. on 17:38 - Aug 8 by bluelagos

Churchmans had maybe 1 in 10 max with a mask around me. Slightly more in the concourse.

Tbf, when I left, I looked around and it struck me how well ventilated the concourse area is. Huge high ceilings with plenty of air in/out spots.

It simply doesn't strike me as an enclosed (high risk) space, unlike say the toilets.

Quite clearly most people, rightly or wrongly, were pretty relaxed in the stadium. Ì also looked around and reckon anyone anxious should get a seat (or just move) to the corners of the upper tier of the North stand. Plenty of empty seats there yesterday.

I would estimate compliance was higher shuffling in and out of the stadium. That said, I got in very early and lingered about at the end….so I was probably in and amongst the more nervous crew.

To not wear a mask on the concourse when you have been specifically asked to by the club you purport to support, when it was a condition of entry, is a bit twotty in my book.
So, masks yesterday…. on 18:14 - Aug 8 with 3090 viewssouthnorfolkblue

So, masks yesterday…. on 17:37 - Aug 8 by Dubtractor

Hardly any masks at all in Pioneer. I wore mine in the concourse etc, out of some sort of respect for staff working there, but a bit of a futile gesture really.

That was my experience too. I wasn’t expecting anybody to wear them once seated, but I was quite surprised how few masks were being worn in the bar area before the game. I’d worn mine pretty much for the reasons that you gave

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

So, masks yesterday…. on 18:20 - Aug 8 with 3052 viewsBloomBlue

Less than 5% in the concourse and less than 2% in the stands I would estimate. Same on the packed train, less than 10%. As I said on another chat COVID is over people have moved on from it they're now listening to Boris not the scientists as proved at PR yesterday.
So, masks yesterday…. on 18:36 - Aug 8 with 2960 viewsborge

Pretty much no masks going into the West Stand, no masks on the practice pitch, very few masks when queuing for drinks and no masks when seated. Only place where the majority of people wore masks was in the bogs and that was only at half time, when I went in before the game I was the only one wearing one.

There were lots of signs saying that masks were mandatory when seated, which is strange because when we had the two games back after the first lockdown I am sure that is the one place you were allowed to remove your mask. I only saw one person in the block where I sit wearing a mask during the game.
So, masks yesterday…. on 19:00 - Aug 8 with 2882 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Seems to me the only demographic wearing them were the very old and the 16 to 20 year old who have maybe got used to wearing them at school/college.The stairwells in Cobbled are far from ventilated yet almost no mask use.
The real eye opener was inside The Greyhound after life out here in the sticks....2 members of staff with masks on and that was about it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So, masks yesterday…. on 19:12 - Aug 8 with 2814 viewsDebsyAngel

Did not see anyone wearing one in SBR concourses -me and husband had ours on until we got to our seats and nobody at all where we were had one on. We put them back on for visiting the toilet, didn;t want to be in the concourse at half time. I struggle wearing a mask and have an exemption but I did attempt to try in the short while I was getting to my seat. Not sure I will want my Dad to go in my place in 3 weeks time if it will be a risk to him. I am scared that I was risking it not wearing one in my seat, but was glad I went to the match - a huge step for me.
Login to get fewer ads

So, masks yesterday…. on 19:27 - Aug 8 with 2737 viewsbrogansnose

So, masks yesterday…. on 18:36 - Aug 8 by borge

Pretty much no masks going into the West Stand, no masks on the practice pitch, very few masks when queuing for drinks and no masks when seated. Only place where the majority of people wore masks was in the bogs and that was only at half time, when I went in before the game I was the only one wearing one.

There were lots of signs saying that masks were mandatory when seated, which is strange because when we had the two games back after the first lockdown I am sure that is the one place you were allowed to remove your mask. I only saw one person in the block where I sit wearing a mask during the game.

The vast majority didn't wear one, I did unless I was in my seat. Had to be less that 10%
So, masks yesterday…. on 19:36 - Aug 8 with 2671 viewsMatt_Netherlands

So, masks yesterday…. on 17:45 - Aug 8 by WD19

I would estimate compliance was higher shuffling in and out of the stadium. That said, I got in very early and lingered about at the end….so I was probably in and amongst the more nervous crew.

To not wear a mask on the concourse when you have been specifically asked to by the club you purport to support, when it was a condition of entry, is a bit twotty in my book.

Twotty indeed. It was brilliant to be back yesterday, but for many I think it was an excuse to act like covid had never happened and just ignore any rules the club have tried to put in place. The most infuriating thing I heard all day, was a chap in front of us queuing to get into the SBR Stand, smirkingly telling his daughter to take her mask off because she “didn’t need to put it on yet.”

As others have said, I’d feel uncomfortable taking older relatives to a game if that’s what it will be like that all season! And also like others have said… I probably could’ve worn a mask in the bogs at PR before covid was even a thing!!
So, masks yesterday…. on 19:53 - Aug 8 with 2594 viewsDinDjarin

COOP stand probably less than 5% wearing masks.

Probably goes against what the covid mafia on here agrees with but as I have said before this board is not anything close to the real world.
So, masks yesterday…. on 19:56 - Aug 8 with 2565 viewsCuffy81

So, masks yesterday…. on 19:53 - Aug 8 by DinDjarin

Probably goes against what the covid mafia on here agrees with but as I have said before this board is not anything close to the real world.

As people have mentioned, non existent in the SBR lower concourse and no enforcement. Didn't enjoy getting from the turnstile to my seat one bit
So, masks yesterday…. on 20:01 - Aug 8 with 2543 viewsWD19

So, masks yesterday…. on 19:53 - Aug 8 by DinDjarin

It’s sort of irrelevant what people think - wearing one was a condition of entry and was mandatory in the concourses. Only a complete turd would not comply unless medically exempt. Would you agree?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 6:50]
So, masks yesterday…. on 20:14 - Aug 8 with 2446 viewsMatt_Netherlands

So, masks yesterday…. on 20:01 - Aug 8 by WD19

It’s sort of irrelevant what people think - wearing one was a condition of entry and was mandatory in the concourses. Only a complete turd would not comply unless medically exempt. Would you agree?

No, thanks for this… ruined my… first game of the season

IYKYK
So, masks yesterday…. on 20:33 - Aug 8 with 2382 viewsLightworker

So, masks yesterday…. on 19:12 - Aug 8 by DebsyAngel

Did not see anyone wearing one in SBR concourses -me and husband had ours on until we got to our seats and nobody at all where we were had one on. We put them back on for visiting the toilet, didn;t want to be in the concourse at half time. I struggle wearing a mask and have an exemption but I did attempt to try in the short while I was getting to my seat. Not sure I will want my Dad to go in my place in 3 weeks time if it will be a risk to him. I am scared that I was risking it not wearing one in my seat, but was glad I went to the match - a huge step for me.

Well done for taking that step Debsy, i'm glad you enjoyed the game.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 20:35]
So, masks yesterday…. on 21:15 - Aug 8 with 2205 viewsSitfcB

I long for the day we can stop having these sort of threads

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So, masks yesterday…. on 21:17 - Aug 8 with 2190 viewsborge

So, masks yesterday…. on 19:12 - Aug 8 by DebsyAngel

Really pleased that you made it, well done.
So, masks yesterday…. on 21:19 - Aug 8 with 2174 viewsSitfcB

So, masks yesterday…. on 20:01 - Aug 8 by WD19

Mandatory in the concourses unless eating or drinking.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So, masks yesterday…. on 21:29 - Aug 8 with 2120 viewsWD19

So, masks yesterday…. on 21:15 - Aug 8 by SitfcB

I long for the day we can stop having these sort of threads

Well that moment will come a damn site sooner if everyone wears masks on the concourses when not eating and drinking.
So, masks yesterday…. on 21:44 - Aug 8 with 2044 viewsKieran_Knows

Admittedly, I went for a pee during the first half and (genuinely) forgot to put my mask on until I reached the toilet door … that said, there was several, if not more stewards down in the concourse, and at no point did any of them say anything to me before I reached the loo (for not having my mask on).

On another note, the whole vaccine card thing is a joke as well. I had my 2nd jab less than 2 weeks ago (so did a lateral flow test Friday evening for proof that I was negative), but thought I’d chance my arm using the card just to see how strict they were on it (SBRL season ticket holder), but the chap barely looked at my card and just waved me through (this was around 2.50pm).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So, masks yesterday…. on 22:34 - Aug 8 with 1885 viewsStenvict

So, masks yesterday…. on 21:44 - Aug 8 by Kieran_Knows

Admittedly, I went for a pee during the first half and (genuinely) forgot to put my mask on until I reached the toilet door … that said, there was several, if not more stewards down in the concourse, and at no point did any of them say anything to me before I reached the loo (for not having my mask on).

On another note, the whole vaccine card thing is a joke as well. I had my 2nd jab less than 2 weeks ago (so did a lateral flow test Friday evening for proof that I was negative), but thought I’d chance my arm using the card just to see how strict they were on it (SBRL season ticket holder), but the chap barely looked at my card and just waved me through (this was around 2.50pm).

They probably assumed that nobody who was positive or didn't have the double dose would turn up.

Poll: What will be announced first?

So, masks yesterday…. on 23:07 - Aug 8 with 1772 viewsDebsyAngel

So, masks yesterday…. on 21:17 - Aug 8 by borge

Really pleased that you made it, well done.

Thanks! And to Lightworker as well - I was scared but if I don't try now, I will be too scared to and become a hermit. I want to do more - games and get out to a local pub and a couple of days out this month. I so hope I can progress!
So, masks yesterday…. on 23:11 - Aug 8 with 1759 viewsMullet

I had a lot of old boys near me so they all kept them on. I have to admit I wore it out if my seat especially in the toilets etc but after trying to shout through it, I took it off all game.

I’d say it was well under 10% in the seats round me in churchmans and I’d expect that to have been one of the highest areas

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So, masks yesterday…. on 06:25 - Aug 9 with 1607 viewsBlue_Heath

I wore mine as I am CEV and sit in a crowded area, only one other person near me wore one. As someone else mentioned it appeared to be mainly college age kids wearing them but incredibly low numbers overall given the Euro spread you'd think people would wear one so they don't get sick or have to isolate and miss a game but a personal choice. Unless things change drastically I can't see me not wearing mine until at least next April.

No enforcement whatsoever anywhere and a token gesture hand gel on the wall outside the gents!
So, masks yesterday…. on 07:25 - Aug 9 with 1482 viewsSteve_M

So, masks yesterday…. on 21:44 - Aug 8 by Kieran_Knows

On checking vaccination status, the key for the club will be demonstrating that they took sensible precautions in the event that there is a covid outbreak linked to PR. It's impossible to manage with a crowd of that size without disproportionate manpower but I think it's still a better approach than ignoring covid as some clubs have done.

Frankly though, if anyone goes to a match with covid (whether they are aware of it or not) there's a good chance that those who sit near them will be at risk - that can only be helped by not going to football and each of us will have to make their own risk assessment on that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024