Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today 09:17 - Aug 21 with 1412 viewsKeno

Happy Birthday Phil!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:19 - Aug 21 with 1401 viewsMullet

I only realised afterwards but I used to live near his mums place in south Manchester. One of my favourite bands thanks to Snr. Johnny the Fox on vinyl was a staple in my youth.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:21 - Aug 21 with 1387 viewsKeno

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:19 - Aug 21 by Mullet

I only realised afterwards but I used to live near his mums place in south Manchester. One of my favourite bands thanks to Snr. Johnny the Fox on vinyl was a staple in my youth.

I would have loved to have seen them live

The thought he would be 72 makes me feel very old

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:26 - Aug 21 with 1369 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:29 - Aug 21 with 1361 viewsMullet

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:21 - Aug 21 by Keno

I think Snr saw them back in the day and the modern incarnation. I remember reading his father in law was a famous comedian and made racist jokes about him in his wedding toast. Different times eh?

Don’t believe a word will always be favourite tune.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:29 - Aug 21 with 1357 viewsRadlett_blue

Probably the best live gig I attended - Thin Lizzy on the Bad Reputation tour, New Theatre, Oxford, 1977.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:34 - Aug 21 with 1345 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Saw them at the Gaumont late 70,s I think.
Excellent.
There is a tribute band called Dizzy Lizzy who I’ve seen at Glastonbudget festival a couple of times and they are very good if you ever get the chance to see them.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:46 - Aug 21 with 1324 viewsIP12

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:29 - Aug 21 by Mullet

I think Snr saw them back in the day and the modern incarnation. I remember reading his father in law was a famous comedian and made racist jokes about him in his wedding toast. Different times eh?

His Father in Law was Leslie Crowther (He of 'Crackerjack' fame and of course @Live from Norwich-It's the sale of the Century....Many readers of TWTD may now be thinking 'What sheeete is this !!!) I think it's safe to say that Phil Lynott & Crowther completely gelled together as sometimes opposites attract. The Crowther family took Lynott in on a number of times when he was trying to get himself clean....
Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:48 - Aug 21 with 1318 viewsLord_Lucan

Sometimes you have to laugh - or you'll cry.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:50 - Aug 21 with 1318 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:29 - Aug 21 by Mullet

Leslie Crowther. He loved Phil Lynott and tried to get him of the smack.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 9:51]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:50 - Aug 21 with 1317 viewsKeno

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:46 - Aug 21 by IP12

His Father in Law was Leslie Crowther (He of 'Crackerjack' fame and of course @Live from Norwich-It's the sale of the Century....Many readers of TWTD may now be thinking 'What sheeete is this !!!) I think it's safe to say that Phil Lynott & Crowther completely gelled together as sometimes opposites attract. The Crowther family took Lynott in on a number of times when he was trying to get himself clean....

I didn't know the Leslie Crowther connection

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:52 - Aug 21 with 1303 viewsGuthrum

Remember listening to the radio the night his death was announced. Seems a very long time ago now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:58 - Aug 21 with 1291 viewsIP12

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:50 - Aug 21 by Keno

I didn't know the Leslie Crowther connection

To my mind that 'YouTube' clip you attached to the original article is probably one of the finest pieces of 'live Rock music' around.
Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 10:43 - Aug 21 with 1255 viewsEdwardStone

Sale of the Century

Wasn't that Nicholas Parsons, rather than Leslie Crowther?
I think you mean.... on 10:48 - Aug 21 with 1242 viewsBloots

....."Come on down!!".

The Price is Right.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 10:53 - Aug 21 with 1226 viewsChurchman

The first gig I went to was Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak Tour in 76. I was stunned at how loud it was. Brilliant though!
Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 11:40 - Aug 21 with 1151 viewsPendejo

Big football fan was Phil. If, but if, my memory correct I had a ticket for Thin Lizzy on a Thursday night in Jan 85 but had to sell it as Town were at home v West Ham in an FA Cup 2nd replay... Remember them?

Then when I read the review of the concert they'd gone on stage about 10pm as Phil had been at the match, love the titling of 2nd video

Within a year the sun went down

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 11:47 - Aug 21 with 1133 viewsPendejo

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 11:40 - Aug 21 by Pendejo

Big football fan was Phil. If, but if, my memory correct I had a ticket for Thin Lizzy on a Thursday night in Jan 85 but had to sell it as Town were at home v West Ham in an FA Cup 2nd replay... Remember them?

Then when I read the review of the concert they'd gone on stage about 10pm as Phil had been at the match, love the titling of 2nd video

Within a year the sun went down

Memory must be incorrect

https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/thin-lizzy

No tour in 85

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 12:00 - Aug 21 with 1111 viewsMoriarty

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 09:26 - Aug 21 by GlasgowBlue

One of my absolute favourites.

fka omuircheartaigh

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 12:50 - Aug 21 with 1076 viewsJamestownPrince

Born in Sandwell General Hospital, 15 mins walk from my house...

https://www.thinksandwell.com/news/2019/09/phil-lynotts-west-bromwich-birthplace
Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 14:26 - Aug 21 with 1023 viewsNBVJohn

I was very lucky to see them at the Gaumont in 1983.

A memorable night!
Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 14:33 - Aug 21 with 1011 viewswoodbridge_blue

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 14:26 - Aug 21 by NBVJohn

I was very lucky to see them at the Gaumont in 1983.

A memorable night!

I think it was a year later, 1984, that they played two shows at The Gaumont.

The first was a scheduled gig, and the second was more impromptu, as they had finished their European tour and were on their way back to fulfil a previously cancelled show in somewhere like Gloucester or Cheltenham.

As they had received such a great welcome in Ipswich the first time they decided to put on another show....and they even played Whiskey In The Jar, which they hardly ever played live in their later years.

I was fortunate enough to attend both shows, a truly brilliant live band.
Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 14:35 - Aug 21 with 1008 viewsJamestownPrince

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 14:48 - Aug 21 with 997 viewsTrequartista

It was Lynott. He'd have liked the right spelling.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 14:57 - Aug 21 with 994 viewsjaykay

same age as me .
loved the jimmy connolly bit , when he visited the grave of phils in ireland and met phils mother. she said she visit his grave every day and jokily said i tell him off for taking drugs.
he has a black rose on his tombstone.
billy said he asked phil once how was it like to be black and irish. to which replied he like a pint of guinness

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Mr Lynot would be 72 years old today on 16:41 - Aug 21 with 950 viewsMoriarty

fka omuircheartaigh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024