Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To reach 90 points we need 08:45 - Oct 3 with 3491 viewsBluefish

22 wins
14 draws
0 defeats

Or a even more wins and less draws if we have some defeats. What a spectacular failure this season has been, no matter what the team looks like he can't get a tune from any of them. We are still cluelessly lumping to an isolated striker
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 8:46]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

To reach 90 points we need on 08:59 - Oct 3 with 2554 viewsHerbivore

Let's face it, we won't be getting 90 points this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

To reach 90 points we need on 09:03 - Oct 3 with 2542 viewsBluefish

To reach 90 points we need on 08:59 - Oct 3 by Herbivore

Let's face it, we won't be getting 90 points this season.

The attitude seems to be that it is far too early to reach that conclusion from most. They don't seem to grasp that the dropped points are not still on the table to be recovered.

Cook isn't failing he has failed
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 9:09]

To reach 90 points we need on 09:11 - Oct 3 with 2507 viewsitfcjoe

The last time we got promoted automatically, we won the league, in 1992 we got 84 points in 46 games.

If we show that same form over the remainder of the season it will get us 75 points, whixh should be just enough for 6th place.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

To reach 90 points we need on 09:15 - Oct 3 with 2484 viewsHerbivore

To reach 90 points we need on 09:11 - Oct 3 by itfcjoe

The last time we got promoted automatically, we won the league, in 1992 we got 84 points in 46 games.

If we show that same form over the remainder of the season it will get us 75 points, whixh should be just enough for 6th place.

75 points is potentially touch and go, it's usually enough but you do get seasons where it's not. The fact we need automatic promotion form from here to scrap 6th shows just how disastrous our start has been. I'm surprised how many are still ardently supporting Cook in that context.

To reach 90 points we need on 09:15 - Oct 3 with 2483 viewsBluefish

If we show the same form we'll get 46 points

To reach 90 points we need on 09:16 - Oct 3 with 2471 viewschrismakin

Lets be fair BF

At 4.45 yesturday the last playoff place was lost imo

Just looking forward to seeing the pitch refurbs in the summer now.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

To reach 90 points we need on 09:22 - Oct 3 with 2453 viewsBluefish

To reach 90 points we need on 09:16 - Oct 3 by chrismakin

Lets be fair BF

We could still reach the play offs but the play offs is still failure we should have been top 2. Clinging on desperately to scraping into the playoffs is even bigger failure

To reach 90 points we need on 09:27 - Oct 3 with 2402 viewsitfcjoe

To reach 90 points we need on 09:15 - Oct 3 by Herbivore

75 points is potentially touch and go, it's usually enough but you do get seasons where it's not. The fact we need automatic promotion form from here to scrap 6th shows just how disastrous our start has been. I'm surprised how many are still ardently supporting Cook in that context.

The last time we got there it took 78

Login to get fewer ads

To reach 90 points we need on 09:28 - Oct 3 with 2389 viewschicoazul

90 points lol

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

To reach 90 points we need on 09:32 - Oct 3 with 2377 viewsHerbivore

To reach 90 points we need on 09:27 - Oct 3 by itfcjoe

The last time we got there it took 78

Yep, and yet some of the fans who describe that as us fluking a play off place are some of the same fans who are rigid for Cook. Incredible really.

To reach 90 points we need on 10:31 - Oct 3 with 2246 viewsHARRY10

To reach 90 points we need on 09:32 - Oct 3 by Herbivore

Yep, and yet some of the fans who describe that as us fluking a play off place are some of the same fans who are rigid for Cook. Incredible really.

Maybe they don't want their dream (delusion) taken away from them so early in the season.

They still cling to the notion that we just need to put 'a run together', e will soon begin to gel, or the work is progressing - much like a sloth is an animal in progress, most of the time.

However hard the numbers might seem, it is when they are set against how we are playing that it begins to look hopeless.
To reach 90 points we need on 10:38 - Oct 3 with 2214 viewsjayessess

It's less about the task on the table and more about the state of us, really. If you're the best team in the league you can rack up enough points in 36 games to win the whole thing. Luton's start in 2017 was not dissimilar to ours.

But there's no sign we're turning into that team and no reason to believe we will, certainly without something big changing.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

To reach 90 points we need on 10:40 - Oct 3 with 2208 viewsParky

Lets be fair BF

Hahaha give your head a wobble.

10 games played, 36 left to play and 108 points still up for grabs.
To reach 90 points we need on 10:44 - Oct 3 with 2183 viewsChurchman

There’s more chance of Nelson getting his eye back than our lot getting 90 points.
To reach 90 points we need on 20:53 - Oct 3 with 1943 viewsBurns7

We aren't getting promoted and looking at him and hearing him after the game he knows that, you can tell he just chewed them out and was utterly livid because his reputation is going to be in tatters after what he got given here. A lot of our fellow third tier clubs are laughing their heads off at it.
To reach 90 points we need on 20:57 - Oct 3 with 1928 viewsN2_Blue

The top 2 has gone, 90 points virtually impossible for us now. No side starts a season this bad and finishes the top 2. Anyone thinking its possible is kidding themselves.

All we can hope is that Cook sorts this out and we find proper form, and then maybe we can secure a playoff place.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

To reach 90 points we need on 23:31 - Oct 3 with 1740 viewsTheBoyBlue

Lets be fair BF

If we repeat the form of the last four games we'll get 73 points, which puts us in or near the play offs.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

To reach 90 points we need on 23:57 - Oct 3 with 1714 viewstextbackup

To reach 90 points we need on 09:03 - Oct 3 by Bluefish

The attitude seems to be that it is far too early to reach that conclusion from most. They don't seem to grasp that the dropped points are not still on the table to be recovered.

Cook isn't failing he has failed
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 9:09]

i'll be honest, if we go up via the playoffs i'll be over the moon, and i'm sure you will be too (in that moment)

that might make me accepting failure as its not storming the league with the team/squad we have, but its still us in the championship next season.

i'm not going to get too down beat over this season until it becomes absolute nailed on that we cant go up.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

To reach 90 points we need on 00:08 - Oct 4 with 1620 viewstextbackup

Lets be fair BF

what a silly thing to say

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

To reach 90 points we need on 08:20 - Oct 4 with 1490 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is why I've been scratching my head trying to understand why so many people seem to think promotion is still very much on. Nearly a quarter of a season gone, we're one point above the relegation zone and would need a sustained run as good, if not better, than anything we've managed in our modern history.

I admire optimism, but it's not healthy when it turns into delusion.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

To reach 90 points we need on 08:34 - Oct 4 with 1477 viewsHerbivore

To reach 90 points we need on 08:20 - Oct 4 by Swansea_Blue

This is why I've been scratching my head trying to understand why so many people seem to think promotion is still very much on. Nearly a quarter of a season gone, we're one point above the relegation zone and would need a sustained run as good, if not better, than anything we've managed in our modern history.

People think promotion is possible because with the sqaud we have relative to other sides in this league it should be possible. If it genuinely isn't then Cook should go now as he's already failed.

To reach 90 points we need on 08:38 - Oct 4 with 1463 viewsitfcjoe

To reach 90 points we need on 08:20 - Oct 4 by Swansea_Blue

I think people look at statistical outliers as being more normal than what they are - Blackpool last year had 10 points after 10 games and managed to end up with 80 points - but I doubt there is more than 1-2 teams in the last 25 years across the ELF that have gone on to achieve promotion from a similar position.

And then cling on to the hope of it now happening to us.....as a comparison Blackpool had 22 points after 15 games, even if we believe we can follow this extremely unlikely path we have already left ourselves very little margin for error.

It's hugely disappointing, a bad month in October where we get 8 or 9 points over 6 games and the play offs are basically - bar a miracle - out of reach.

1.8 points per game just to hit 75 or so points already is mentally bad

To reach 90 points we need on 11:44 - Oct 4 with 1301 viewsLankHenners

To reach 90 points we need on 08:38 - Oct 4 by itfcjoe

I think people look at statistical outliers as being more normal than what they are - Blackpool last year had 10 points after 10 games and managed to end up with 80 points - but I doubt there is more than 1-2 teams in the last 25 years across the ELF that have gone on to achieve promotion from a similar position.

And then cling on to the hope of it now happening to us.....as a comparison Blackpool had 22 points after 15 games, even if we believe we can follow this extremely unlikely path we have already left ourselves very little margin for error.

It's hugely disappointing, a bad month in October where we get 8 or 9 points over 6 games and the play offs are basically - bar a miracle - out of reach.

1.8 points per game just to hit 75 or so points already is mentally bad

I don't think people have quite grasped just how bad a start this is either. Andy Warren put it as 10 points from every block of 6 games getting us to the edge of a possible 6th spot but that's only 70 points which would only have been enough for a play-off place once in the last 10 years. If we go at that pace we'll likely need a couple of runs of 6 where we get 12 or more which even then may not be enough.

At a quick glance as well it's rare that the team in 3rd or 4th that has roughly 80 or more points doesn't get promoted as they're just better teams than the ones that sneak and are better at winning matches.

A tougher division than in the recent past may balance that out a bit but basically as you say we can't afford to have even 1 month which sees a slightly below average return or we're done for as far as promotion is concerned.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

To reach 90 points we need on 11:54 - Oct 4 with 1266 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Just seems to be the same 4 or 5 arguing amongst themselves about how mental ALL other fans are for NOT wanting Cook to be sacked.

Yet the club show no desire whatsoever to come to the same conclusion as you?

Hammering people for using statistical examples of how we could hope to reach the play offs still, (neigh the top 2) then trying to back their own points up with....statistics!

But its' everyone else who's mad.....
To reach 90 points we need on 12:15 - Oct 4 with 1214 viewsLankHenners

To reach 90 points we need on 11:54 - Oct 4 by WilbrahamBlue

Just seems to be the same 4 or 5 arguing amongst themselves about how mental ALL other fans are for NOT wanting Cook to be sacked.

Yet the club show no desire whatsoever to come to the same conclusion as you?

Hammering people for using statistical examples of how we could hope to reach the play offs still, (neigh the top 2) then trying to back their own points up with....statistics!

But its' everyone else who's mad.....

If people kept telling you it's fine to run across a busy road with your eyes closed because 1/10 times you get to the other side unharmed, whereas others pointed out you'd get hit the other 9/10, which set of people would you think are taking the sensible approach to the subject?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024