Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? 13:33 - Nov 16 with 1979 viewsITFC_nostalgia

This is one is perhaps up there?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWVnpVSozKA/?utm_medium=copy_link
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:09 - Nov 16 with 1621 viewsITFC_Forever

I was there - mate at uni was (and presumably still is) a mate of Neil Gregory, so he got me a free ticket.
Went up from Stoke not expecting much, stayed overnight at another mate's in Manchester and was back at uni in time to get the coach to our football away game.... the Richard Wright show and then some - incredible display from him.

The only other one to rival that is the 2-3 defeat at Anfield in 1992, with Gavin Johnson scoring THAT header - still the most I have celebrated an ITFC goal. Liverpool's powers were starting to wane, but they still had enough of that aura about them that we were incredulous when we equalised.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:10 - Nov 16 with 1628 viewsJohnhoz

I know we lost, but I will never forget this night...........

Go to 15:27 for what is still one of the greatest moments I've experienced following Town.....

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:11 - Nov 16 with 1605 viewsITFC_Forever

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:10 - Nov 16 by Johnhoz

Go to 15:27 for what is still one of the greatest moments I've experienced following Town.....

We must have been typing at the same time!

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:12 - Nov 16 with 1594 viewsJohnhoz

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:11 - Nov 16 by ITFC_Forever

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:15 - Nov 16 with 1573 views66notout

I can’t think of a better one than 1975 and the third replay win over Leeds at Filbert Street, Leicester. Proud to say I was there and saw John Wark’s debut IIRC.
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:21 - Nov 16 with 1552 viewsChurchman

The Anfield visit was so special. When Johnson scored, we went berserk. My personal favourite.

The other favourite was the two replays against Leeds in 1975 played at Filbert Street. We should have won at Elland Road but conceded a late equaliser. The second replay was played in front of a full house. We were in the small stand down the side and most of the supporters were plastered. What an atmosphere, shame about the game.

The third replay was two days later and we were in the tiny end behind the goal Clive Woods scored the winning goal - goal of the season. What a moment.
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:22 - Nov 16 with 1545 viewsIllinoisblue

Is the correct and only answer. One of the few occasions when the Sky commentary is better than the BBC’s.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:29 - Nov 16 with 1527 viewsnorth_stand77

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:15 - Nov 16 by 66notout

I can’t think of a better one than 1975 and the third replay win over Leeds at Filbert Street, Leicester. Proud to say I was there and saw John Wark’s debut IIRC.

Mine too.
I was lucky enough to go to Portman Rd, Leeds and the 2 games at Filbert Street for that round. A lot of travelling by car on roads that were not so good as today's but was definitely worth it!
Login to get fewer ads

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:35 - Nov 16 with 1501 viewsFtnfwest

semi replay was the worst
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 15:15 - Nov 16 with 1389 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Two from the 1980/81 season are stored in the memory bank.
Norwich away in the League Cup winning 3-1 after a draw at home a few weeks previously. Got seperated from my dad in the melee on the way to the ground, he ended up somehow standing in the home section of the Barclay.He had a grin like a Cheshire cat when we met back at the car after.
Nottingham Forest at home 1-0 in the 6th round replay after the incredible 3-3 draw at the City Ground. Muhren gave Shilton no chance with a right foot thunderbolt. Two of Englands finest teams then.

Shame we didn't play well in the Semi-Final.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:00 - Nov 16 with 1221 viewsITFC_nostalgia

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:21 - Nov 16 by Churchman

The Anfield visit was so special. When Johnson scored, we went berserk. My personal favourite.

The other favourite was the two replays against Leeds in 1975 played at Filbert Street. We should have won at Elland Road but conceded a late equaliser. The second replay was played in front of a full house. We were in the small stand down the side and most of the supporters were plastered. What an atmosphere, shame about the game.

The third replay was two days later and we were in the tiny end behind the goal Clive Woods scored the winning goal - goal of the season. What a moment.

We covered that Leeds tie here

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMo7UtrjaWh/?utm_medium=copy_link
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 18:02]
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 18:04 - Nov 16 with 1204 viewsjontysnut

This resulted in the only fight I've had as a grown up outside school. I was watching in a pub in London. A Liverpool fan got right in my grill when they scored. In the heat of the moment I did the same when this went in. Not big/clever etc but ended up rolling around the floor outside. Thankfully we were both as useless scrappers as each other so no harm done.
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 18:06 - Nov 16 with 1199 viewsKeno

you mean this one - back half way down is a YouTube link

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/wing-wizard-woods-produced-a-stunner-2661630

[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 18:08]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 18:09 - Nov 16 with 1182 viewsKeno

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 15:15 - Nov 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

Norwich away in the League Cup winning 3-1 after a draw at home a few weeks previously. Got seperated from my dad in the melee on the way to the ground, he ended up somehow standing in the home section of the Barclay.He had a grin like a Cheshire cat when we met back at the car after.
Nottingham Forest at home 1-0 in the 6th round replay after the incredible 3-3 draw at the City Ground. Muhren gave Shilton no chance with a right foot thunderbolt. Two of Englands finest teams then.

********** clive ******* **** ******** thomas ******** welsh **** mother******** cheating ******** ********* ********* welsh ****
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 18:17]

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 18:15 - Nov 16 with 1163 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 18:09 - Nov 16 by Keno

********** clive ******* **** ******** thomas ******** welsh **** mother******** cheating ******** ********* ********* welsh ****
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 18:17]

Agree with your Clive "f@cking Thomas description.

That was the @75 Semi-Final though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 18:18 - Nov 16 with 1149 viewsKeno

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 18:15 - Nov 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

Agree with your Clive "f@cking Thomas description.

That was the @75 Semi-Final though.

sorry but when any one says semi that like a reflex reaction

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 19:37 - Nov 16 with 1082 viewswoodbridge_blue

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 15:15 - Nov 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

Definitely agree with the Forest replay.

The first game at the City Ground was a classic, and in the replay we were battered for the first fifteen minutes, before Arnie came up trumps.

Tremendous atmosphere at Portman Road that night, one of three consecutive home games with 30,000 plus in attendance, the others being Spurs in a league match and St Etienne in the Uefa Cup quarter-final.

Incredible times.
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 19:44 - Nov 16 with 1058 viewsGeomorph

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 19:37 - Nov 16 by woodbridge_blue

Definitely agree with the Forest replay.

The first game at the City Ground was a classic, and in the replay we were battered for the first fifteen minutes, before Arnie came up trumps.

Tremendous atmosphere at Portman Road that night, one of three consecutive home games with 30,000 plus in attendance, the others being Spurs in a league match and St Etienne in the Uefa Cup quarter-final.

Incredible times.

Leeds 3rd replay at filbert street, 75. Woodsy’s winner and Leeds fans crying stand out in the memory..
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 19:45 - Nov 16 with 1055 viewsGeomorph

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:11 - Nov 16 by ITFC_Forever

Brilliant night that one too.. despite the result
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:00 - Nov 17 with 906 viewsChurchman

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:00 - Nov 16 by ITFC_nostalgia

We covered that Leeds tie here

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMo7UtrjaWh/?utm_medium=copy_link
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 18:02]

Thank you for the link.

We deserved to win the Cup that year. We’d beaten Wolves, Liverpool, Villa (who were second division but decent) then Leeds. We were better than West Ham, but we’re basically exhausted then robbed by Clive Thomas.

The 1978 run was far easier, but somehow winning it that year in style was a form of redemption for the disappointment of 75.
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 13:31 - Nov 17 with 860 viewsThe_Major

You could argue than in 1975, we were closer to the double than we were in 1981. Cheated out of the cup, and finished third in the league, but bizarrely, if it had been three points for a win, we'd have finished top.
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 21:20 - Nov 17 with 735 viewsBluespeed225

No spray back then unfortunately. Molby you took the kick miles from where the offence happened! Not just a yard or so! The foul is not even near the D!
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 21:26 - Nov 17 with 719 viewspeterleeblue

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 14:09 - Nov 16 by ITFC_Forever

I was there - mate at uni was (and presumably still is) a mate of Neil Gregory, so he got me a free ticket.
Went up from Stoke not expecting much, stayed overnight at another mate's in Manchester and was back at uni in time to get the coach to our football away game.... the Richard Wright show and then some - incredible display from him.

The only other one to rival that is the 2-3 defeat at Anfield in 1992, with Gavin Johnson scoring THAT header - still the most I have celebrated an ITFC goal. Liverpool's powers were starting to wane, but they still had enough of that aura about them that we were incredulous when we equalised.

That Gavin Johnson header. Swoon!!
Easily my favourite Town celebration ever!!
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 21:44 - Nov 17 with 697 viewsBlueForYou

Has to be ‘75 against Leeds. Going into a third replay, what a saga of games, & what a fantastic goal to finally seal it. The first game was our record attendance, 38000, it was so so packed in the north stand that day.
What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 21:53 - Nov 17 with 679 viewsTrumptonBlue

What’s your favourite ever ITFC FA Cup Replay? on 21:20 - Nov 17 by Bluespeed225

No spray back then unfortunately. Molby you took the kick miles from where the offence happened! Not just a yard or so! The foul is not even near the D!

That's often said, but I think the free kick was actually given for the typical Saunders dive under challenge from Stockwell on the edge, rather than the sandwiching of McManaman the cameras focused on.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 21:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024