Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've always given managers time 19:33 - Nov 24 with 2647 viewsjasondozzell

That's something to be proud of. We should give Cook the same.

I hate the modern attitude of immediately dismissing anything that's not exactly as wanted straight away.

Look at clubs like Forest, Derby etc chomping through managers in desperate hope they will strike lucky. Something horrible and unedifying about it. It's like those plastic premier league fans whose side is full of incredible players who finish fourth who then brand them all as 'rubbish'.

We've only had about 20 or so managers in our entire history. That's something to be really proud of.

Cook might not get it right or be the right person but let's give him a chance and get behind him and the team. We don't want to become one of those horrible clubs with no soul.

We've suffered a lot and we're desperate to see things change but we want to win as Ipswich, not as some club with a bit of new dosh who thinks they can buy immediate success and just presses the 'next button if they can't.

We've always given managers time on 19:35 - Nov 24 with 1875 viewsMullet

What has he done to deserve more time?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We've always given managers time on 19:38 - Nov 24 with 1852 viewsjasondozzell

We've always given managers time on 19:35 - Nov 24 by Mullet

What has he done to deserve more time?

Overhauled entire squad in one window and established new style of play that's led to some really entertaining football and some very good results, albeit with a lot of inconsistency and work in progress.

Every game this year at PR has been entertaining. Whole seasons under Mick where the games seemed to merge into one.
We've always given managers time on 19:38 - Nov 24 with 1840 viewsOldboy

Working for Watford.
We've always given managers time on 19:39 - Nov 24 with 1827 viewsHerbivore

Nah. You don't stick with a failing manager just because you don't especially like changing managers. That's a terrible reason to keep him. It's not impossible he could turn it around and earn more time here but his window of opportunity for doing that is getting ever smaller, imo. He simply has to string a few wins and convincing performances together now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We've always given managers time on 19:40 - Nov 24 with 1819 viewsOldboy

We've always given managers time on 19:38 - Nov 24 by jasondozzell

Overhauled entire squad in one window and established new style of play that's led to some really entertaining football and some very good results, albeit with a lot of inconsistency and work in progress.

Every game this year at PR has been entertaining. Whole seasons under Mick where the games seemed to merge into one.

Some really good results?
Think you will find that we have had far more worse than good.
We've always given managers time on 19:42 - Nov 24 with 1806 viewschrismakin

Unfortunately a large majority of town fans haven't seen the club win anything.

A large majority have seen relegation to league 1 followed by a struggle to get out of it

The same large majority are watching the same non effective football as we were last season.

Take away 3 games. We've scored 20 goals in 16 games. Hardly as ground breaking as some make out

We've scored 2 goals in 6 games since Wycombe

Our first shot on target last night at home was the 92nd minute.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We've always given managers time on 19:43 - Nov 24 with 1796 viewsjasondozzell

We've always given managers time on 19:38 - Nov 24 by Oldboy

Working for Watford.

Bit soulless though isn't it. Like a series of new CEOs sweeping into the car park knowing they'll be out in a year. Doubt many of them bother to unpack their stuff in the office!
Surely there can still be a bit of romance in football? Cook might well not ever get it right here. But wouldn't it be great if he did and we'd got behind him?
We've always given managers time on 19:45 - Nov 24 with 1792 viewsDubtractor

We've always given managers time on 19:39 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

Nah. You don't stick with a failing manager just because you don't especially like changing managers. That's a terrible reason to keep him. It's not impossible he could turn it around and earn more time here but his window of opportunity for doing that is getting ever smaller, imo. He simply has to string a few wins and convincing performances together now.

"He simply has to string a few wins and convincing performances together now."

This. It is sh1t, or get off the pot time for me.

Someone made the comparison with the Jewell era on here the other day - we play some nice football at times, and occasionally put on a great performance, but then follow it with a spell of inconsistency. We show just enough to think we're going to click, but never actually do.

For me, we must win 3 of the next 4 league games, otherwise we can forget this season and Cook probably has to go.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

We've always given managers time on 19:47 - Nov 24 with 1772 viewsjasondozzell

We've always given managers time on 19:39 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

I agree we need a run. I'm not saying the inconsistency isn't hugely frustrating or disappointing. But let's hope he can do it.
We've always given managers time on 19:49 - Nov 24 with 1764 viewsjasondozzell

We've always given managers time on 19:42 - Nov 24 by chrismakin

Unfortunately a large majority of town fans haven't seen the club win anything.

A large majority have seen relegation to league 1 followed by a struggle to get out of it

The same large majority are watching the same non effective football as we were last season.

Take away 3 games. We've scored 20 goals in 16 games. Hardly as ground breaking as some make out

We've scored 2 goals in 6 games since Wycombe

Our first shot on target last night at home was the 92nd minute.

I do understand where you're coming from, but I think we've been great to watch at times too.
We've always given managers time on 19:49 - Nov 24 with 1764 viewsMullet

What has Mick got to do with it? He never managed at this level, let alone with the most expensive squad going.

The overhaul was a choice. One stemming from Cook's own inability to manage what he had, and with this new squad he's achieved less.

There have for every good result, been terrible ones and terrible performances too. So if all you can muster is that, then really the answer is still not enough isn't it?

We need strings of wins, not the odd diamond in dogsh1t.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We've always given managers time on 19:53 - Nov 24 with 1725 viewsBlueBadger

You're seriously claiming you enjoyed last night and Bolton?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We've always given managers time on 19:53 - Nov 24 with 1730 viewsFightingEssex

Is Division4 or non-league enough time though? Should Lambert been given another season, I mean why not, he's almost a genius compared to the current manager as he at least at times had us top, Cooks not even threatened it and has had had double the budget Lambert had!

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

We've always given managers time on 19:57 - Nov 24 with 1687 viewsOldboy

Glad it is working for you.
We've always given managers time on 19:58 - Nov 24 with 1672 viewsblueboyd

Yay! I am so proud we are a mid table 3rd Division team, whoopee-bloody-doo....
We've always given managers time on 20:01 - Nov 24 with 1637 viewsFightingEssex

We've always given managers time on 19:57 - Nov 24 by Oldboy

Glad it is working for you.

Entertaining football? I can tell those county lines drug dealers are doing their work in Ipswich at the moment if anyone could call any of the recent 4 or 5 league/cup games entertaining! Bloody awful. You'd have to be off your rocking t1ts to have enjoyed some of that!

We've always given managers time on 20:02 - Nov 24 with 1627 viewsbluejacko

All of Cooks success has come with Richardson as his No2! I don’t think he expected him to stay at Wigan and fully expected him to join us at the end of last season. It is exactly the same situation as with Lambert. We seem to get the driver but not the navigator in the management team.
We've always given managers time on 20:03 - Nov 24 with 1615 viewsOldboy

We've always given managers time on 20:01 - Nov 24 by FightingEssex

Entertaining football? I can tell those county lines drug dealers are doing their work in Ipswich at the moment if anyone could call any of the recent 4 or 5 league/cup games entertaining! Bloody awful. You'd have to be off your rocking t1ts to have enjoyed some of that!

"rocking t1ts".
Seen a few pairs of those in my day.
We've always given managers time on 20:04 - Nov 24 with 1602 viewsFightingEssex

We've always given managers time on 20:03 - Nov 24 by Oldboy

"rocking t1ts".
Seen a few pairs of those in my day.

I wish I had been on anything at full time up in Sunderland just to ease the pain of that nightmare away day!

We've always given managers time on 20:23 - Nov 24 with 1531 viewsSwansea_Blue

We've always given managers time on 19:43 - Nov 24 by jasondozzell

Bit soulless though isn't it. Like a series of new CEOs sweeping into the car park knowing they'll be out in a year. Doubt many of them bother to unpack their stuff in the office!
Surely there can still be a bit of romance in football? Cook might well not ever get it right here. But wouldn't it be great if he did and we'd got behind him?

We’ve got that now though. Besides, my best man is a Watford ST holder and he seems quite happy with how they go about things. I bet there weren’t many complaining as they humped Man U on the weekend we picked up no points in L1.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We've always given managers time on 20:43 - Nov 24 with 1458 viewsIllinoisblue

We've always given managers time on 19:43 - Nov 24 by jasondozzell

Soulless yet successful. Pick your poison.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We've always given managers time on 20:45 - Nov 24 with 1450 viewsgazzer1999

Don't know what you have been watching, 6 wins in the league this year, not hit 3 on the bounce, bottled it last year, currently sitting proudly in 13th position in Division 3, 8 points off the playoffs.
I'm so ecstatic I can hardly control the euphoria.
We've always given managers time on 20:49 - Nov 24 with 1431 viewstimothyeo

We are literally owned by an American pension fund yet your definition of doing things the Ipswich way is just persisting with failed managers?

If it were up to you we would be in the National League with Hurst in charge.

Forest have got a series of appointments wrong and yet they're still in the division above us, arent they?
We've always given managers time on 21:19 - Nov 24 with 1380 viewsMattinLondon

If, hypothetically speaking at least, Cook was sacked tomorrow morning, then it wouldn’t be an immediate dismissal.

He’s had 40% of this season plus a fair number of games last season to get things right - and last season does count - yet it has got worse. And I’m using the actual results as an indicator of his tenure here.

It was his decision to sack off most of last seasons squad - nobody forced him to do this. Like a spoilt toddler he wanted a bigger and brighter toys to play with and practically alienated a lot of the players. Now, he has better players, a better budget but yet still he has failed.

His decisions, his sword to fall on.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 21:48]
We've always given managers time on 21:43 - Nov 24 with 1326 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's a bit trickier when the manager has personally selecting a coaching team with pretty much no first team coaching experience.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024