Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
November 09:46 - Oct 31 with 934 viewsjayessess

Wycombe (a)
Oxford (h)
Sunderland (a)
Rotherham (h)
Crewe (h)

Four tricky ones and a "home banker" (with us, who knows!). So, what's your (a) expected points haul and (b) minimum to keep Cook in the game?

My expectation is 7. I think we'll win 2 of the home games, draw one of the away games.

That's probably the minimum too? At this point we're mostly past work in progress and should be aiming to be one of the best teams in the league going forward. Losing all those big away games would be pretty disastrous.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

November on 10:15 - Oct 31 with 881 viewsParisBlue

If we get 7 points we'll be further from the playoffs than we are now. December isn't easy either.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

November on 10:16 - Oct 31 with 877 viewsColchesterBlue1985

12 if we have any ambition of getting promoted this season. Anything less will see us still in mid table come December.
November on 10:16 - Oct 31 with 874 viewschrismakin

We need at least 12 to remain in auto contention.
At least 9 for play offs imo

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

November on 10:18 - Oct 31 with 865 viewsdavblue

November on 10:16 - Oct 31 by chrismakin

We need at least 12 to remain in auto contention.
At least 9 for play offs imo

Automatic promotion went a long time ago, pull your head out of the sand.
November on 10:20 - Oct 31 with 855 viewschrismakin

November on 10:18 - Oct 31 by davblue

Automatic promotion went a long time ago, pull your head out of the sand.

Probably is. But I'm just being open to possibilities tbh.

For me the 7 point to playoffs is the big one to claw back ASAP.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

November on 10:20 - Oct 31 with 854 viewsSomethingBlue

We need nine points even to keep pace with where we are in the table now, realistically. It's not ideal. Have to hope we can deal with two of the home games and that we make sure something goes for us in one of the aways. This looks like six points to me at best, as things stand, and that's with a win, three draws and a defeat on Tuesday.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

November on 10:25 - Oct 31 with 828 viewsDubtractor

November on 10:20 - Oct 31 by SomethingBlue

We need nine points even to keep pace with where we are in the table now, realistically. It's not ideal. Have to hope we can deal with two of the home games and that we make sure something goes for us in one of the aways. This looks like six points to me at best, as things stand, and that's with a win, three draws and a defeat on Tuesday.

Like you, I don't see anything other than a defeat on tuesday.

Wycombe play the sort of high intensity horrible football we really struggle against, and unlike teams like Cheltenham or Accrington, they are the absolute masters at it (alongside Rotherham). Our defence are going to get a really good going over, and the evidence to date suggests we won't weather it.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 10:28]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

November on 10:28 - Oct 31 with 808 viewsHerbivore

I think we really need 10 points to maintain or close the gap to those above us. After this run of games we'll be nearly halfway through the season and even 10 points sees us below the required run rate to make the top 6. I think we'll take 6 points from those games though and if that's the case I think the owners will have to ask themselves some really tough questions about whether we stick or twist.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

November on 10:37 - Oct 31 with 775 viewsBlueBadger

November on 10:28 - Oct 31 by Herbivore

I think we really need 10 points to maintain or close the gap to those above us. After this run of games we'll be nearly halfway through the season and even 10 points sees us below the required run rate to make the top 6. I think we'll take 6 points from those games though and if that's the case I think the owners will have to ask themselves some really tough questions about whether we stick or twist.

Next six weeks really are make of break for Cook - we're still sitting as far adrift as we are and looking as half-polished as we do he really should be sweating about his job.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

November on 10:40 - Oct 31 with 766 viewsMullet

November on 10:25 - Oct 31 by Dubtractor

Wycombe play the sort of high intensity horrible football we really struggle against, and unlike teams like Cheltenham or Accrington, they are the absolute masters at it (alongside Rotherham). Our defence are going to get a really good going over, and the evidence to date suggests we won't weather it.

I actually think it depends who is available. Hopefully Ainsworth being poached by Cardiff is the sort of prospect that sows discontent too. It’s the 3 games after that worry me.

We have no impending fixtures where a run looks likely. They’re all teams that can disrupt us. Still nothing to worry about.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

November on 10:52 - Oct 31 with 737 viewsjayessess

November on 10:20 - Oct 31 by SomethingBlue

Of the 5 it's Rotherham, even at home, that's a nailed on loss right now. Neither Wycombe nor Sunderland are blowing teams away, both are out-performing xG a fair bit and I'm not wholly convinced by the idea that physicality is our problem anyway. I reckon they'll unfold like Plymouth and be settled by finishing/errors/fine margins.

As far as I can tell Rotherham are going to emerge as the 100-points, blow-everyone-away team that we pretend we're eventually going to be (but aren't).

November on 10:53 - Oct 31 with 734 viewsSomethingBlue

November on 10:25 - Oct 31 by Dubtractor

Interesting to see what they do on Tues — yesterday they started with all three of the big forwards (Vokes, Hanlan, Akinfenwa) and if they do that against us I'd be tempted to turn round at the turnstile! But they did go four at the back and looked quite open for Fleetwood's goals.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

November on 11:05 - Oct 31 with 698 viewsjas0999

7 out of a possible 15? Nowhere near good enough. Must be looking at 12. Minimum 10.
November on 17:20 - Nov 28 with 511 viewsjayessess

Well, 7 it was, and I don't think he'd have survived anything less.

November on 17:39 - Nov 28 with 423 viewsParisBlue

November on 10:15 - Oct 31 by ParisBlue

If we get 7 points we'll be further from the playoffs than we are now. December isn't easy either.

7...and further from the playoffs than we were (which to me is the real barometer).

Our home form this season will cost us. Used to be a fortress....

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

November on 17:41 - Nov 28 with 407 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thanks to our start this season, we really need to get 10 points from every set of 5 matches regardless of who they are against. We took 7. That means we now need 4 wins and a draw minimum from another set of 5 matches to make up for it.

We are just not good enough at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

November on 17:43 - Nov 28 with 395 viewspositivity

November on 17:20 - Nov 28 by jayessess

Well, 7 it was, and I don't think he'd have survived anything less.

excellent work, can you predict 25 points for december!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

November on 17:52 - Nov 28 with 361 viewsjayessess

November on 17:43 - Nov 28 by positivity

excellent work, can you predict 25 points for december!

At this point we're so wildly inconsistent that you might as well pick a number out of a hat.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024