Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Confession 12:33 - Dec 21 with 4085 viewsTractorFrog

Before all the news about McKenna coming to Ipswich, I had absolutely no idea Ronaldo is now playing for Manchester United. Is anyone else’s entire football knowledge centred around Ipswich Town?

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Confession on 12:35 - Dec 21 with 3317 viewsmrfixit426

😳
Confession on 12:35 - Dec 21 with 3320 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, pretty much ITFC and AFC Sudbury.

I honestly had no idea who half the England team were this summer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Confession on 12:38 - Dec 21 with 3280 viewsChurchman

I noticed Ronaldo coming on as a sub against somebody on Sky during the 20 mins the game was on while I was doing something else.

My mate bangs on about Chelsea a lot (he never did before the dodgy russki pitched up, strangely), not that I listen. This is a long winded way of saying no, I don’t know what’s going on in general football world really. I’m not interested.
Confession on 12:39 - Dec 21 with 3272 viewsGuthrum

Largely so. Occasionally hear stuff on R5, through talking to fans of other clubs, or seeing our rivals on the EFL show. But really more a fan of ITFC than football as a whole.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Confession on 12:44 - Dec 21 with 3222 viewsclive_baker

I mean I knew Ronaldo was at United but I definitely find myslef paying less and less attention to the Premier League. It disappeared up its own backside years ago, I love the sport but hate the industry, and I do struggle to get excited about it all now I must admit. VAR, Danny Murphy pouring over refereeing decisions every Saturday night, dodgy owners throwing stupid sums of money around. Not for me.

If you had've asked me when I was 15 I could've probably given you a starting XI for every team in the PL, and subs. I don't think I could confidently name 5 Watford players right now.

Much prefer EFL now, possibly because we're in it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Confession on 12:44 - Dec 21 with 3217 viewsFixed_It

Confession on 12:35 - Dec 21 by BlueBadger

Yeah, pretty much ITFC and AFC Sudbury.

I honestly had no idea who half the England team were this summer.

There are players making their debuts for England these days who I have never heard of, let alone know which clubs they play for!
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 12:45]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Confession on 13:17 - Dec 21 with 3032 viewsParsley

I mainly follow it to keep my fantasy football up to date and so I know what people at work are talking about. You did well to avoid the Ronaldo news though!
Confession on 13:22 - Dec 21 with 2992 viewsJ2BLUE

Slightly different: I watch a lot of football but have never heard of the majority of players we are linked with. It always surprises me how many on here claim to have seen them play regularly and have detailed knowledge of their career.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 13:37]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Confession on 13:33 - Dec 21 with 2866 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I love the way I expected this to say you had not heard of McKenna (I am sure most of us hadn't).

I never realised Ronaldo was still so young nor that he had turned it around after that poor World Cup final appearance.

Don't do it ... I will whoosh you!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Confession on 13:34 - Dec 21 with 2860 viewsIllinoisblue

Confession on 13:22 - Dec 21 by J2BLUE

Slightly different: I watch a lot of football but have never heard of the majority of players we are linked with. It always surprises me how many on here claim to have seen them play regularly and have detailed knowledge of their career.

All of this.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Confession on 13:35 - Dec 21 with 2839 viewsVic

Confession on 12:44 - Dec 21 by clive_baker

I mean I knew Ronaldo was at United but I definitely find myslef paying less and less attention to the Premier League. It disappeared up its own backside years ago, I love the sport but hate the industry, and I do struggle to get excited about it all now I must admit. VAR, Danny Murphy pouring over refereeing decisions every Saturday night, dodgy owners throwing stupid sums of money around. Not for me.

If you had've asked me when I was 15 I could've probably given you a starting XI for every team in the PL, and subs. I don't think I could confidently name 5 Watford players right now.

Much prefer EFL now, possibly because we're in it.

That’s a pretty good strike rate. The only one I can name is Troy Deeney

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Confession on 13:44 - Dec 21 with 2752 viewsGarv

Confession on 13:35 - Dec 21 by Vic

That’s a pretty good strike rate. The only one I can name is Troy Deeney

Troy Matthew Deeney (born 29 June 1988) is an English professional footballer who plays as a striker for EFL Championship club Birmingham City.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Confession on 13:54 - Dec 21 with 2676 viewsVic

Confession on 13:44 - Dec 21 by Garv

Troy Matthew Deeney (born 29 June 1988) is an English professional footballer who plays as a striker for EFL Championship club Birmingham City.

Oh well, guess I don’t know a single Watford player in that case!

I’m with the rest of you, I really don’t follow the prem. I like Klopp so I look out for what his lot are doing, but wouldn’t be able to tell you who the managers are of half the teams. I just find the money nauseating and am not fussed at all if we never make it again - at least while things are as they are.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Confession on 14:18 - Dec 21 with 2584 viewsTractorFrog

Confession on 13:22 - Dec 21 by J2BLUE

I rarely know who the players we are linked with are, unless they have had a particularly memorable game against us such as Wes Burns. But luckily I have a Coventry-supporting friend who genuinely can seem to give a report on every player down to league one level.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!

Confession on 14:44 - Dec 21 with 2493 viewsTractorFrog

Also, I only found out he had moved from Real Madrid to Juventus a few years ago when he appeared as the starter on one of the FIFA games.

Confession on 14:55 - Dec 21 with 2435 viewsGavTWTD

Thank you for this thread. I might be normal after all.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Confession on 15:10 - Dec 21 with 2380 viewsmrfixit426

I always knew that Suffolk people had a reputation for being insular, but the answers on this thread are astonishing.

I guess that explains the proliferation of outdated values and opinions on modern football that often come out on here when discussing ITFC stuff. Incredible.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 15:24]
Confession on 15:20 - Dec 21 with 2330 viewsEwan_Oozami

Confession on 15:10 - Dec 21 by mrfixit426

I always knew that Suffolk people had a reputation for being insular, but the answers on this thread are astonishing.

I guess that explains the proliferation of outdated values and opinions on modern football that often come out on here when discussing ITFC stuff. Incredible.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 15:24]

Another contender?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Confession on 15:26 - Dec 21 with 2293 viewsmrfixit426

Confession on 15:20 - Dec 21 by Ewan_Oozami

Another contender?

I'm sorry, what?
Confession on 15:33 - Dec 21 with 2258 viewsjontysnut

Confession on 12:44 - Dec 21 by Fixed_It

There are players making their debuts for England these days who I have never heard of, let alone know which clubs they play for!
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 12:45]

When I was a kid early 70s not only could I name the England squad but probably the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish. Not to mention Hector Chumpitaz from Peru. I struggle with England now mainly due to lack of interest in Premier league, too many players, England being useless and old age.
Confession on 15:36 - Dec 21 with 2243 viewsmrfixit426

Confession on 15:33 - Dec 21 by jontysnut

When I was a kid early 70s not only could I name the England squad but probably the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish. Not to mention Hector Chumpitaz from Peru. I struggle with England now mainly due to lack of interest in Premier league, too many players, England being useless and old age.

You mean the England team which has reached the semi final of the World Cup, the semi final of the Nations League, and the final of the Euros all in the past three years? That useless England?

SMH.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 15:36]
Confession on 15:52 - Dec 21 with 2170 viewsjontysnut

Confession on 15:36 - Dec 21 by mrfixit426

You mean the England team which has reached the semi final of the World Cup, the semi final of the Nations League, and the final of the Euros all in the past three years? That useless England?

SMH.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 15:36]

The World Cup where they lost twice to Belgium.
Confession on 15:57 - Dec 21 with 2143 viewsmrfixit426

Confession on 15:52 - Dec 21 by jontysnut

The World Cup where they lost twice to Belgium.

If losing to the top ranked team in the world (one match of which was a dead rubber), qualifies you as useless, I'll take that compared to the previous 50 years.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 15:58]
Confession on 16:03 - Dec 21 with 2107 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Confession on 13:54 - Dec 21 by Vic

Oh well, guess I don’t know a single Watford player in that case!

I’m with the rest of you, I really don’t follow the prem. I like Klopp so I look out for what his lot are doing, but wouldn’t be able to tell you who the managers are of half the teams. I just find the money nauseating and am not fussed at all if we never make it again - at least while things are as they are.

Luther Blissett?

John Barnes?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Confession on 16:15 - Dec 21 with 2046 viewssolemio

Confession on 16:03 - Dec 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Luther Blissett?

John Barnes?

Pat Jennings?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024