Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liz Truss - not the brightest 23:49 - Feb 27 with 1510 viewsHARRY10

Told the BBC this morning she "supports individuals from the UK who might want to go to Ukraine to join an international force to fight".

Which is in breach of the Foreign Enlistment Act and would be committing a criminal offence - as with those who fought for and against ISIS. *

As with Her weasel words about telling Putin that he is 'a very naught boy", and Russian crooks in the UK might have to suspend donations to the Tory Party. £1.8m donated to 7 cabinet members (and Johnson) since the bloated buffoon became PM, by the wife of a former Russian minister to Putin, who has strong links to the Kremlin.

" https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/russian-donors-conservative-party-liz-tru

Useful, and corrupt idiots, as Putin sought to undermine the EU and Nato. Any wonder righties have been trotting out their paymasters words ......... Trump, Farage and our very own Shane Pooley. No lie too big, no distortion of the truth too wide of the mark, it would seem.

But hark, I hear you say.

Truss has her finger on the pulse, as she suggests the Russian invasion of Ukraine could mark the “beginning of the end” for Vladimir Putin, or as she previously warned the conflict could last a “number of years.

No talk of Chinese pork markets any more as Brexit has left the UK woefully short of slaughter house workers, butchers etc

The Grocer has "With 200,000 pigs currently backlogged on farms — and a further 40,000 healthy animals already culled since last autumn", "the crisis Is wreaking increasing havoc on the finances and mental wellbeing of beleaguered pig producers, Liz Batters told the NFU Conference in Birmingham."

And with the only hope of securing any deals being the lowering of UK standards (as with NZ & Oz)we are set to see UK farmers forced out of the market by cheap imports.

Never mind, another Johnson appointee Pritti Patel is doing a sterling job.[]i]"Fewer than 1 per cent of asylum seekers the Home Office tried to deport to the EU were actually deported last year (2021), new figures show"

And the poor old stick insect has been shifted sideways. You have got to be pretty useless (which he is) to get the boot from a Johnson cabinet.

Still, voters can doff their caps to their betters. Master knows best (or not, it would seem)

* pointing out the law, not commenting on whether going to fight in Ukraine is good or bad
Liz Truss - not the brightest on 00:22 - Feb 28 with 1427 viewsBondiBlue

Don't disagree with your underlying point that the tories are the most corrupt and useless of all politicians.

Allowing uk nationals to go and fight if they choose to do so is, for me, the right call. Two wrongs don't make a right but what is the bigger crime here: russia's invasion or individuals volunteering to protect the oppressed from the oppressor? No-brainer IMO. The same argument has just started here this morning.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 07:02 - Feb 28 with 1257 viewsTractorWood

I think people would take issue if she said people shouldn't go to Ukraine to fight. I'm as keen as anyone to stick the boot into Truss but this isn't an easy question.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 07:36 - Feb 28 with 1190 viewsKropotkin123

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 00:22 - Feb 28 by BondiBlue

Don't disagree with your underlying point that the tories are the most corrupt and useless of all politicians.

Allowing uk nationals to go and fight if they choose to do so is, for me, the right call. Two wrongs don't make a right but what is the bigger crime here: russia's invasion or individuals volunteering to protect the oppressed from the oppressor? No-brainer IMO. The same argument has just started here this morning.

I agree with the people's right to join international brigades.

However, I do find it somewhat odd that a government that is not sending its own trained armed forces is encouraging such actions though.

Particularly when the UK government joined the Budapest agreement, guaranteeing, along with USA and Russia, the security of Ukraine in response to Ukraine giving up the third biggest stock of nuclear weapons.

An agreement is not a treaty apparently, which is why we are excusing ourselves from meeting said agreement.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 7:37]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 08:25 - Feb 28 with 1095 viewsNthQldITFC

Annoying, sweaty and full of sh!t.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 08:25 - Feb 28 with 1088 viewsNthQldITFC

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 08:25 - Feb 28 by NthQldITFC

EDIT: sorry, got this mixed up with the 'Bum Hair' thread.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 08:29 - Feb 28 with 1069 viewsWD19

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 07:02 - Feb 28 by TractorWood

I think people would take issue if she said people shouldn't go to Ukraine to fight. I'm as keen as anyone to stick the boot into Truss but this isn't an easy question.

I think the OP makes an extremely valid point in the title.

Then presumably spends a further 750-1000 words undermining the point by being a shouty bellend. Can someone with more patience than me please confirm?
Liz Truss - not the brightest on 09:42 - Feb 28 with 967 viewsGeoffSentence

I don't much like Liz Truss, and I don't think she has a clue or had a clue about the implications of her answer.

However she was asked if she would support 'people from Britain going over to Ukraine to help in the fight' not 'would you support British people going over to Ukraine to help in the fight'

The FEI only applies to British people, so Ukrainians in Britain aren't covered by it and there is enough ambiguity in that question and answer to get her off the hook. She could simply have meant that she would support Ukrainians in Britain going back to fight.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 09:53 - Feb 28 with 931 viewsEdwardStone

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 09:42 - Feb 28 by GeoffSentence

I don't much like Liz Truss, and I don't think she has a clue or had a clue about the implications of her answer.

However she was asked if she would support 'people from Britain going over to Ukraine to help in the fight' not 'would you support British people going over to Ukraine to help in the fight'

The FEI only applies to British people, so Ukrainians in Britain aren't covered by it and there is enough ambiguity in that question and answer to get her off the hook. She could simply have meant that she would support Ukrainians in Britain going back to fight.

A local haulage company has apparently offered unlimited leave of absence on full pay to its Ukrainian employees if they wish to go home for the duration
Login to get fewer ads

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 09:54 - Feb 28 with 927 viewsSwansea_Blue

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 09:42 - Feb 28 by GeoffSentence

Fair point on the distinction. I’m surprised people think it would be appropriate to encourage Brits to go over there, even if that may not be what she’s saying/meaning (who knows with her). What’s the point of a paid army in that case? But yes, I suppose she could be referring to non-Brits here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 09:57 - Feb 28 with 919 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Quite a scattergun post there.

But the underlying point is an interesting one - how do you decide which conflicts UK nationals can go and fight in, you then get into defining freedom fighters from terrorists (albeit a very clear cut case here).
Liz Truss - not the brightest on 10:01 - Feb 28 with 890 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

N.b as per you previous post you also neglected those anti-NATO, Putin enablers on the hard left who are doing a great apologist job for him.
Liz Truss - not the brightest on 10:30 - Feb 28 with 840 viewsBlueBadger

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 08:25 - Feb 28 by NthQldITFC

And what about Liz Truss?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 11:07 - Feb 28 with 775 viewsLord_Lucan

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 09:57 - Feb 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Quite a scattergun post there.

But the underlying point is an interesting one - how do you decide which conflicts UK nationals can go and fight in, you then get into defining freedom fighters from terrorists (albeit a very clear cut case here).

Preferably ones not intent on destroying The UK I suppose

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Liz Truss - not the brightest on 13:48 - Feb 28 with 653 viewslongtimefan

* pointing out the law, not commenting on whether going to fight in Ukraine is good or bad

In the case of people fighting for or against ISIS you're pointing out the wrong law. Also interesting to note that no one was ever charged under the Foreign Enlistment Act for fighting in the Spanish Civil War.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024