Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s 10:56 - Apr 26 with 2013 viewsMancBlue86

Be interesting to see if he uses his knowledge of the youth system, maybe and Irish player or will we look abroad? Seems like an age since we done that, atleast successfully but it’s worked for us before. Counago and Reuser being some, someone like them would be great.

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 10:57 - Apr 26 with 1590 viewsKieran_Knows

French Ligue 2.
Prem Academies.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 10:59 - Apr 26 with 1581 viewsBlueBlood90

Wouldn't it be pretty much impossible for us to sign players from abroad nowadays? Don't think players would get work permits to come and play in League One. I'd imagine we'll go for a proven goalscorer at this level or even the level above if they are available at the right price.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:07 - Apr 26 with 1547 viewsKeno

Football Manager

Him, Ashton, Pert and Rolls will have started a new game and using the search function to scout strikers

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:11 - Apr 26 with 1536 viewsElderGrizzly

Tesco Copdock of course
Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:12 - Apr 26 with 1526 viewswkj

My fantasy scouting posts.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:15 - Apr 26 with 1515 viewsfooters

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 10:59 - Apr 26 by BlueBlood90

Wouldn't it be pretty much impossible for us to sign players from abroad nowadays? Don't think players would get work permits to come and play in League One. I'd imagine we'll go for a proven goalscorer at this level or even the level above if they are available at the right price.

Yeah, unfortunately one of the many Brexit dividends is that we won't be able to sign any foreign players. Which is a shame as it obviously widens the talent pool by quite some stretch!

We also need Dutchmen for any Ipswich side to be successful. This is scientific fact.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:21 - Apr 26 with 1475 viewsKieran_Knows

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 10:59 - Apr 26 by BlueBlood90

Not if those players abroad have already played in the UK though (I don't think) ....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:25 - Apr 26 with 1454 viewsSTYG

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:15 - Apr 26 by footers

Yeah, unfortunately one of the many Brexit dividends is that we won't be able to sign any foreign players. Which is a shame as it obviously widens the talent pool by quite some stretch!

We also need Dutchmen for any Ipswich side to be successful. This is scientific fact.

Having looked at the criteria a while back, there seem plenty of realistic options for us from abroad, just nothing like what we once had though.

It means we may have to go for an international striker playing fairly often for a side like Hungary, Finland, Macedonia or Bulgaria. In some cases their main men will be playing in Serie A on £25k a week and we have no chances. Others will be playing somewhere far less glamourous on a few grand a week and we will be very temping for them.

Given we've nabbed Williams from United, you'd have to think our identification of such players will now be excellent. No doubt we will still be looking heavily at players in England and the Championship, but definitely have the reach now to identify and attract foreign players but finding one we like for our system, at the right age, with the right potential improvement in them and meeting the criteria to play here is going to be tight though.
Login to get fewer ads

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:29 - Apr 26 with 1438 viewsitfcjoe

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:25 - Apr 26 by STYG

Having looked at the criteria a while back, there seem plenty of realistic options for us from abroad, just nothing like what we once had though.

It means we may have to go for an international striker playing fairly often for a side like Hungary, Finland, Macedonia or Bulgaria. In some cases their main men will be playing in Serie A on £25k a week and we have no chances. Others will be playing somewhere far less glamourous on a few grand a week and we will be very temping for them.

Given we've nabbed Williams from United, you'd have to think our identification of such players will now be excellent. No doubt we will still be looking heavily at players in England and the Championship, but definitely have the reach now to identify and attract foreign players but finding one we like for our system, at the right age, with the right potential improvement in them and meeting the criteria to play here is going to be tight though.

Also able to sign players as long as playing regularly in top 2 leagues in France or Dutch league as well as will get enough points

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:34 - Apr 26 with 1410 viewsKeno

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:29 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

Also able to sign players as long as playing regularly in top 2 leagues in France or Dutch league as well as will get enough points

Maybe one of the Ajax youth coaches or a Dutch U16 coach could give us a new hints?

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:37 - Apr 26 with 1391 viewsSTYG

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:29 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

Thanks Joe. Was unaware.

You've got to think there will be some diamonds amongst Ligue 2 and Eerstedivisie. The next Joel Piroe will do me nicely.

Absolute open goal to bring in a couple of Dutch players if they meet all the statistical stuff we are looking for.
Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:14 - Apr 26 with 1236 viewsElephantintheRoom

He could try looking at the Junior teams here - especially the one rebelling after being consigned to Swindon. That would be good management.

Peal away their cult status and Reuser and Counago were expensive flops so I suspect someone a lot more successful than either is urgently required to appease Mr Schwarz.

I suspect there will be an ineffectual recruit from Man U’s youth discard pile on loan - and someone with Bristol City provenance. Don’t expect much money as last year almost certainly exceeded the budget - and a bit of belt tightening will be required

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:21 - Apr 26 with 1225 viewsBarcaBlue

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:14 - Apr 26 by ElephantintheRoom

He could try looking at the Junior teams here - especially the one rebelling after being consigned to Swindon. That would be good management.

Peal away their cult status and Reuser and Counago were expensive flops so I suspect someone a lot more successful than either is urgently required to appease Mr Schwarz.

I suspect there will be an ineffectual recruit from Man U’s youth discard pile on loan - and someone with Bristol City provenance. Don’t expect much money as last year almost certainly exceeded the budget - and a bit of belt tightening will be required

In which parallel universe were Reuser and Couñago expensive flops? Go on, explain that one or like generating electricity from drainpipes are you still on the troll?
Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:23 - Apr 26 with 1208 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Man Utds youth team

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:23 - Apr 26 with 1208 viewsfooters

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:21 - Apr 26 by BarcaBlue

In which parallel universe were Reuser and Couñago expensive flops? Go on, explain that one or like generating electricity from drainpipes are you still on the troll?

I've killed a man for saying less about Reuser.

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:25 - Apr 26 with 1195 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:14 - Apr 26 by ElephantintheRoom

Reuser premiership suggests worth every penny.

Nice effort at having a row though.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:26 - Apr 26 with 1186 viewsKeno

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:23 - Apr 26 by footers

oh to sign an 'expensive flop' who could do these this

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:28 - Apr 26 with 1179 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:25 - Apr 26 by STYG

"Others will be playing somewhere far less glamourous on a few grand a week and we will be very temping for them."

We did sign the Macedonian Pirlo.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:36 - Apr 26 with 1122 viewsBiGDonnie

As if this one's not been banned yet.

Clear as day he's a budgie.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:37 - Apr 26 with 1116 viewsBloomBlue

An excel spreadsheet
Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:37 - Apr 26 with 1118 viewsBiGDonnie

Definitely think one of our strikers will be a loan, probably from United.

I'd like us to go for Parrot again if he's available.

COYBs

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:38 - Apr 26 with 1109 viewsNthQldITFC

'Peel' is the correct word. I wouldn't normally correct spelling as I consider it unnecessarily rude, except when applied to budgie trolls.

'Peal' is what bells do, so maybe, after all, it is correct in your case.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:39 - Apr 26 with 1108 viewsBiGDonnie

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:23 - Apr 26 by footers

Do us all at TWTD a favour then...

COYBs

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:42 - Apr 26 with 1090 viewsfooters

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:39 - Apr 26 by BiGDonnie

Do us all at TWTD a favour then...

Now now, He Wrote Some Football Blogs Once so definitely can't be booted...

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 12:43 - Apr 26 with 1075 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Where do you think KM will search for new striker/s on 11:07 - Apr 26 by Keno

Football Manager

Him, Ashton, Pert and Rolls will have started a new game and using the search function to scout strikers

Don't Everton use FM's database as a genuine scouting tool? I accept this is not a glowing reference for such activity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024