Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our 00:06 - Apr 8 with 10012 viewsFromReuserWithLove

lines at Cheltenham. It's certainly a potential banana skin but these lads seem to know what they need to do. I'm just hoping we can finally be that team who has what it takes to seal promotion.

As for Plymouth, they deserve promotion for the football they've played but I've lost a lot of affection for them after that weird Norwich love-in they had after we played them last. I hope we overhaul them.
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 00:22 - Apr 8 with 6797 viewsbournemouthblue

Cheltenham defended for their lives at Portman Road earlier on the season, the way we are playing now, I suspect it will be more of the same, albeit we seem to be a different beast with the new signings in the team and seem to be finding a way to get past most teams

Wycombe looked a fairly solid unit and tricky to deal with, however we just had another gear today and strolled past them ultimately

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 00:46 - Apr 8 with 6714 viewsIllinoisblue

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 00:22 - Apr 8 by bournemouthblue

Cheltenham defended for their lives at Portman Road earlier on the season, the way we are playing now, I suspect it will be more of the same, albeit we seem to be a different beast with the new signings in the team and seem to be finding a way to get past most teams

Wycombe looked a fairly solid unit and tricky to deal with, however we just had another gear today and strolled past them ultimately

Wednesday at home to Accrington so massively important we get the win. Insane, cruel almost, we win 8 on the spin and barely made a dent on the top two.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 00:56 - Apr 8 with 6675 viewsBigCommon

After Cheltenhams results against SW and Barnsley at their place. A nice, professional, win of any kind, is all I want to see. Similar to Exeter, Bolton and Derby away.
And I think, that's what we'll see. No frills, just get the 3pts and get home.
I'd say 1-0. But we don't really do 1-0's. So I'm going 2-0.
I just think our squad depth will make the difference. We might have to be patient, but I believe we'll get there over the 90..
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 01:04 - Apr 8 with 6652 viewsAlphacentauri76

This is still an emotional rollercoaster of a season, we have been good all season and higher than expected but now praying we stay there, if we drop in to the play offs it's league one again next season.
Ipswich though are something else, another team that have been to the top and near it all season, currently on a ridiculous run and are playing everyone off the park.
Wednesday clearly don't fancy top two and doing their best to ensure they are in League one next season whilst Barnsley have faltered just when we all thought they would be the ones to watch.
In theory it's Argyle and Ipswich for top two but we all know it isn't quite that simple, either or both could falter just as easily as the others, regardless of how formidable you are.
This has been a season like no other, each forum goes in to meltdown as soon as you have a defeat and reading each one including our own can make you laugh.
Good luck in these last 7 games, if you win the league I will be happy for you, if you come second then likewise, if we make it I will be chuffed, if we don't.... we'll I have the meltdown to read for three months lol.
Good luck everyone.
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 01:22 - Apr 8 with 6626 viewsBluespeed225

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 01:04 - Apr 8 by Alphacentauri76

This is still an emotional rollercoaster of a season, we have been good all season and higher than expected but now praying we stay there, if we drop in to the play offs it's league one again next season.
Ipswich though are something else, another team that have been to the top and near it all season, currently on a ridiculous run and are playing everyone off the park.
Wednesday clearly don't fancy top two and doing their best to ensure they are in League one next season whilst Barnsley have faltered just when we all thought they would be the ones to watch.
In theory it's Argyle and Ipswich for top two but we all know it isn't quite that simple, either or both could falter just as easily as the others, regardless of how formidable you are.
This has been a season like no other, each forum goes in to meltdown as soon as you have a defeat and reading each one including our own can make you laugh.
Good luck in these last 7 games, if you win the league I will be happy for you, if you come second then likewise, if we make it I will be chuffed, if we don't.... we'll I have the meltdown to read for three months lol.
Good luck everyone.

We had a blip over Christmas/ new year, draws, last minute throw aways, a bit sluggish, but we've all been reinvigorated by the new lads who seem to have spurred on the others. Plymouth just keep getting results though when they need them. After Cheltenham we have teams to play with nothing to play for, but a very tricky local'ish derby with P'Boro. I would imagine Exeter will raise their game for you! Plymouth and Us would be best result, Barnsley through the play offs.
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 06:30 - Apr 8 with 6106 viewsEastTownBlue

Although plenty have been predicting Plymouth to fall away throughout the season based on last year’s collapse, the loss of loan signings and injuries but yet they are still up there. I can’t see them dropping many points from here.
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 06:51 - Apr 8 with 5985 viewsBlueBadger

We might drop points in this run but we're not going to lose again this season and we're not slipping up against Cheltenham.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 06:53 - Apr 8 with 5972 viewsBlueBadger

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 01:22 - Apr 8 by Bluespeed225

We had a blip over Christmas/ new year, draws, last minute throw aways, a bit sluggish, but we've all been reinvigorated by the new lads who seem to have spurred on the others. Plymouth just keep getting results though when they need them. After Cheltenham we have teams to play with nothing to play for, but a very tricky local'ish derby with P'Boro. I would imagine Exeter will raise their game for you! Plymouth and Us would be best result, Barnsley through the play offs.

Re: the term 'local(ish) derby - Peterborough is 10 miles further from Ipswich than Gillingham.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 06:57 - Apr 8 with 5939 viewsWestcountryblue

All depends on who scores first. When we score first, our opponent's game plan normally gets thrown out of the window. I don't think there is any team in this division that can go toe to toe against us in terms of 'trying to play football'.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 7:03]
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 07:01 - Apr 8 with 5911 viewspennblue

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 00:56 - Apr 8 by BigCommon

After Cheltenhams results against SW and Barnsley at their place. A nice, professional, win of any kind, is all I want to see. Similar to Exeter, Bolton and Derby away.
I just think our squad depth will make the difference. We might have to be patient, but I believe we'll get there over the 90..

Cheltenham will be well up for this game having had great results previously at home

This will be a tough tough game and we need to be fully at it to get 3 points

Crucial game as we then have two home games

We win all three we should be in a strong position for promotion

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 07:17 - Apr 8 with 5809 viewsChurchman

Every game feels a banana skin. None more so than the Cheltenham game. Can our form continue? At what point do we get a smack in the chops? Can we carry the run on? How good are we? There’s not many weeks to find out.

Looking at how we are beating teams, we’ve not seen anything like this for a very long time. Burley’s side could do something similar. I seem to remember the season we beat the mob up the road 5-0 we put five past teams in three straight games and went from Christmas to Easter mangling teams. Of course, Robson’s teams went long periods of being pretty unplayable.

Different levels, but todays team reminds me of that momentum. The results and performances speak for themselves. As long as we don’t get ahead of ourselves, we are in with a very good chance now. The players added in January have made a huge difference but credit to them all.

As for Plymouth, that was a great win for them yesterday. Possibly pivotal. They have been phenomenal and given their ridiculous home form it’s easy to overlook their away record which is none to shabby. They’re red hot favourites now and deserve promotion.
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 07:18 - Apr 8 with 5795 viewsbraveblue

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 00:46 - Apr 8 by Illinoisblue

Wednesday at home to Accrington so massively important we get the win. Insane, cruel almost, we win 8 on the spin and barely made a dent on the top two.

We were 10 points behind!!
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 07:27 - Apr 8 with 5742 viewssmithy69

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 00:46 - Apr 8 by Illinoisblue

I’m proper confused with this lol

We don’t make a dent? We have caught up 10 points, are now 2nd on goal difference with a game in hand

That is a hell of a catch up in 8 games
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 07:37 - Apr 8 with 5675 viewsChurchman

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 07:27 - Apr 8 by smithy69

I’m proper confused with this lol

We don’t make a dent? We have caught up 10 points, are now 2nd on goal difference with a game in hand

That is a hell of a catch up in 8 games

It is a helluva catch up. Didn’t SW also have a game or two in hand?

I don’t know about making a dent, but Owlstalk reads like they’ve been well and truly kicked in the gonads.
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 07:44 - Apr 8 with 5637 viewsclive_baker

Think a lot of that love in was due to them having Mumba on loan, who is now crocked incidentally. They’ve had some bad luck with injuries and now have 3 tough games coming up in a short space of time, with a lot of travel and stretched squad. If they come through with a decent amount of points then fair play to them but I’m Sticking to my prediction that we’ll be top by 10pm Tuesday 18th.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 08:13 - Apr 8 with 5317 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 07:44 - Apr 8 by clive_baker

Think a lot of that love in was due to them having Mumba on loan, who is now crocked incidentally. They’ve had some bad luck with injuries and now have 3 tough games coming up in a short space of time, with a lot of travel and stretched squad. If they come through with a decent amount of points then fair play to them but I’m Sticking to my prediction that we’ll be top by 10pm Tuesday 18th.

They scored 2 of their goals in the 20 minutes or so that he was on. Likely to be a big miss.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 08:31 - Apr 8 with 5137 viewsWestSussexBlue

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 00:56 - Apr 8 by BigCommon

This game worries me. They’re a different proposition to Bolton, Derby and Wycombe and will make it really difficult to break them down. I’m hoping we can get an early goal then dictate the play.
I fear anything other than 3 points will see us drop back to third with the fixtures that Plymouth and Wednesday have. Our squad depth is really our strength now though so here’s hoping for another 3 points and onto the home game next Saturday.
COYB.
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 08:32 - Apr 8 with 5132 viewsxrayspecs

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 07:44 - Apr 8 by clive_baker

He completed the game yesterday, what am I missing?
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 08:37 - Apr 8 with 5063 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 08:32 - Apr 8 by xrayspecs

He completed the game yesterday, what am I missing?

Taken off in 97th minute.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65133550
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 8:38]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 08:37 - Apr 8 with 5060 viewsxrayspecs

Cheltenham will be very tough but we are a good side, playing well.

If we get 95 points, then I believe this will be enough for top 2. The most SW can get is 99 and Barnsley 96.

So, 14 points from 7 games. We do not need to win on Monday.

If we do win and then max out the two home games that follow, we will be on 90 points, with four to play.

All to play for.
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 09:49 - Apr 8 with 4659 viewsSharkey

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 06:57 - Apr 8 by Westcountryblue

All depends on who scores first. When we score first, our opponent's game plan normally gets thrown out of the window. I don't think there is any team in this division that can go toe to toe against us in terms of 'trying to play football'.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 7:03]

Perhaps Peterborough are the ones who could have the best go at it. When I see their highlights, they often seem to be attacking from all angles. (If you're a fan, you must wonder every week which Posh is going to turn up!)
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 09:50 - Apr 8 with 4656 viewsringwoodblue

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 08:37 - Apr 8 by xrayspecs

Cheltenham will be very tough but we are a good side, playing well.

If we get 95 points, then I believe this will be enough for top 2. The most SW can get is 99 and Barnsley 96.

So, 14 points from 7 games. We do not need to win on Monday.

If we do win and then max out the two home games that follow, we will be on 90 points, with four to play.

All to play for.

I reckon 96 points is the magic number as Barnsley couldn’t beat that even if they won every game and Wendies would need 5 wins and a draw which seems unlucky with their current form.

So that would mean we would have to win 5 or win 4 and draw the other 3.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 10:23 - Apr 8 with 4480 viewsArnieM

Maybe it’s more that the Ply mouth fans are HOPING we fluff our lines at Cheltenham….. just like I keep hoping they fluff theirs st Exeter snd Shrewsbury away!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 10:48 - Apr 8 with 4361 viewsBluespeed225

Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 06:53 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

Re: the term 'local(ish) derby - Peterborough is 10 miles further from Ipswich than Gillingham.

Geographically and pedantically your right, but we share a tv news station, so we sort of know each other quite well.
Lots of Plymouth predicting we fluff our on 10:53 - Apr 8 with 4325 viewsSomethingBlue

It's going to be a hell of a battle on Monday — they're a good side with two decent, physical centre-forwards (tho I wonder if they switch that up) and know how to give the bigger clubs a going over. Win there and it's a massive hurdle cleared, for me. Drop points and it's a setback but not the end of the world — still in our hands with two nice home games coming up. Superb that we have got ourselves into this position.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024