Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest Green 22:50 - Jul 4 with 6101 viewsTresBonne

Become the first team to have a female overseeing the mens squad. Only on a caretaker level at the moment tho. Interesting!

What would TWTD's opinions be on it if she ended up getting it full time? She reads as very highly thought of in FA setups etc. Fair play to her
Forest Green on 22:52 - Jul 4 with 5077 viewsTresBonne

Big Duncan Ferguson to the first female manager, some switch up that btw haha
Forest Green on 23:16 - Jul 4 with 4982 viewsJimmyJazz

It would be quite a Forest Green thing to do, and if she gets the job good for her

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Forest Green on 23:46 - Jul 4 with 4910 viewsandehpandeh

If she gets the best out of the players pre-season, yes.

Obviously there is a lot of weight to this and regardless of what happens this is a watershed moment. However the right person for the job should always get the job.
Forest Green on 00:14 - Jul 5 with 4861 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Oh - I thpught Ferguson was still at POSHborough.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Forest Green on 07:04 - Jul 5 with 4594 viewstractordownsouth

Hope she does well in pre-season and gets the gig full time. You’d think that with so little time left before the season starts, they may go down the route of appointing a caretaker on a longer contract so she could have a good chance.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Forest Green on 07:27 - Jul 5 with 4517 viewsArchiRob

Hard to believe she's the first especially after watching the very watchable cherie Lungi so many years ago playing The manageress, Warren Clarke was her sleazy owner which Barry Fry has based his persona.

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Forest Green on 08:04 - Jul 5 with 4420 viewsHerbivore

Good to see. Hope she does well and secures the gig full time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Forest Green on 08:20 - Jul 5 with 4323 viewsBiGDonnie

Suppose she couldn't have asked for an easier first game, even if it is a friendly. Good luck to her.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Forest Green on 09:05 - Jul 5 with 4173 viewsArnieM

Brilliant news, and long overdue. Hope she goes well and gets it FT. She can do no worse than some ( many?) male managers in the game.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Forest Green on 09:12 - Jul 5 with 4155 viewsBlueBlood90

Not doubting her capabilities but Dale Vince will do just about anything to get his face on TV so it's no real surprise.

Why hasn't he given her the job on a permanent basis?

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Forest Green on 09:19 - Jul 5 with 4138 viewsMattinLondon

Forest Green on 09:12 - Jul 5 by BlueBlood90

Not doubting her capabilities but Dale Vince will do just about anything to get his face on TV so it's no real surprise.

Why hasn't he given her the job on a permanent basis?

No idea - but it’s not uncommon for a team to install a caretaker manager before appointing a permanent one. Maybe he’s simply seeing how the team reacts to get before giving her the job full-time.
Forest Green on 09:28 - Jul 5 with 4104 viewseastangliaisblue

Hopefully this will lead to more female managers as there are some absolute cr4p male managers out there.
How many times before has a club…. on 10:10 - Jul 5 with 4002 viewsBloots

….made an announcement that an interim manager has been appointed during the closed season?

In fact how many times has one ever been appointed when the season hasn’t started?

Who was Leeds’ interim manager last week?

Who was caretaking at Sheff Weds?

I smell another publicity stunt from the desperately shy Mr Vince.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Forest Green on 12:21 - Jul 5 with 3862 viewsBigCommon

Promoting an academy manager to full time first team manager,(if it were to happen), without interviewing other more experienced candidate's, regardless of gender. Says more about a clubs finances and ambition, imo.
No reason why she shouldn't have a shot at the application process though, based on knowledge of the club, experience and qualifications.
Forest Green on 13:19 - Jul 5 with 3769 viewsJackNorthStand

I. looked her up as I was interested to see how much if this is because she has a reasonable CV and how much of it is Forest Green Rovers wacky owner trying to be different.

In fairness it’s clear that she has credentials for the job. Coached at Burton Albion and Forest Green Academy.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2023 13:20]
Forest Green on 14:14 - Jul 5 with 3682 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Was always going to happen eventually. Almost as inevitable as Dale Vince was going to make sure he was the first to do it.

Next up. FGR introduce invisible footballs to protect players from the dangers of heading.

FGR return to square wooden goal posts to follow the same ideals as their wooden stadium.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2023 14:18]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Forest Green on 15:22 - Jul 5 with 3600 viewsJ2BLUE

Doesn't seem like a big deal really. To be a manager/coach you use your brain. Physical attributes don't come into it.

I have no doubt Emma Hayes or Sarina Wiegman could walk into a job in the men's game if they wanted one.

Good luck to her.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Forest Green on 15:46 - Jul 5 with 3542 viewstractordownsouth

Forest Green on 15:22 - Jul 5 by J2BLUE

Doesn't seem like a big deal really. To be a manager/coach you use your brain. Physical attributes don't come into it.

I have no doubt Emma Hayes or Sarina Wiegman could walk into a job in the men's game if they wanted one.

Good luck to her.

Apparently Emma Hayes held talks about taking the Blackpool job last summer but it didn't happen for whatever reason.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Forest Green on 21:47 - Jul 17 with 2897 viewsNeedhamChris

Feels like a lot of positive press for 13 days of allowing a female caretaker.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

It had "publicity stunt".... on 21:59 - Jul 17 with 2814 viewsBloots

Forest Green on 21:47 - Jul 17 by NeedhamChris

....written all over it from day one.

It's borderline exploitation really.

Forest Green on 22:03 - Jul 17 with 2769 viewsBlueandTruesince82

There was a good article on the SSN about female scouts in the NFL and where that might lead, speaking to
Ashton Washington

www.skysports.com/amp/nfl/news/12118/12903044/ashton-washington-the-first-full-time-female-scout-in-chicago-bears-history-on-chasing-her-nfl-dream

As for FGR I hope it goes well, promtio from within is always good to see, let's hope they have a stong preseason and she gets the the gif full time

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

She got 12 days.... on 22:15 - Jul 17 with 2708 viewsBloots

Forest Green on 22:03 - Jul 17 by BlueandTruesince82

There was a good article on the SSN about female scouts in the NFL and where that might lead, speaking to
Ashton Washington

www.skysports.com/amp/nfl/news/12118/12903044/ashton-washington-the-first-full-time-female-scout-in-chicago-bears-history-on-chasing-her-nfl-dream

As for FGR I hope it goes well, promtio from within is always good to see, let's hope they have a stong preseason and she gets the the gif full time

Forest Green on 22:29 - Jul 17 with 2654 viewsbluelou

Forest Green on 15:22 - Jul 5 by J2BLUE

Good luck to her.

I think either of them have a good shout to be the next England men’s manager tbh.
There are very few other candidates who would be likely to want the role.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Forest Green on 22:34 - Jul 17 with 2620 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forest Green on 21:47 - Jul 17 by NeedhamChris

Yep, very cynical. 'FGR too cowardly to put faith in their female manager' would be a better headline.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Forest Green on 22:41 - Jul 17 with 2596 viewsLankHenners

Forest Green on 22:34 - Jul 17 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, very cynical. 'FGR too cowardly to put faith in their female manager' would be a better headline.

Or 'Academy manager returns to role as new head coach is appointed', as it it would be at every other club.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024