Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... 10:03 - Aug 24 with 2831 viewsunstableblue

..... as incoming a few weeks back.

Or is this an emerging transaction/need due to Leigh pressing for an exit to gain first team football??

Can't help but feel if Leigh was given his typical (last season) 20mins cameos at the end of the game to rest David, then perhaps his desire to move would have been lessened.

I liked him as a back-up and his athleticism and energy, but I would expect Williams is an upgrade?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:15 - Aug 24 with 2349 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I think the pressure is now on Davis, to keep performing to stay in the team.

We desperately need a centre half though, and another forward the standard of a Adam Armstrong forward, if we are to ensure we are good enough for this level. Our luck will run out at some point with the errors at the back, and we won't get away with failing to take some of our chances forever.

We need some more quality in the squad and we need to move Leigh, Edwards, Evans and even Ladapo on to create space for better players to come in. I would even say Donacien looks below the standard needed for this level, and he's been an absolute hero the past two seasons, but he's been lucky to have not cost us a couple of games so far.

We also need a keeper on loan to cover until Walton is fit, Hladky has been great so far but if his form drops we will need someone more experienced at this level to come in an, rather than Slicker and Hayes. I'd even take Bart back for that role!
Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:17 - Aug 24 with 2333 viewsKieran_Knows

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:15 - Aug 24 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

We desperately need a centre half though, and another forward the standard of a Adam Armstrong forward, if we are to ensure we are good enough for this level. Our luck will run out at some point with the errors at the back, and we won't get away with failing to take some of our chances forever.

We need some more quality in the squad and we need to move Leigh, Edwards, Evans and even Ladapo on to create space for better players to come in. I would even say Donacien looks below the standard needed for this level, and he's been an absolute hero the past two seasons, but he's been lucky to have not cost us a couple of games so far.

We also need a keeper on loan to cover until Walton is fit, Hladky has been great so far but if his form drops we will need someone more experienced at this level to come in an, rather than Slicker and Hayes. I'd even take Bart back for that role!

Agree with every word in your post apart from having Bart back. He would be the worst keeper to play the way McKenna does.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:20 - Aug 24 with 2269 viewsthe_toff

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:15 - Aug 24 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I wouldn't say desperately need a central defender, we've got Woolf, Edmundson, Burgess and young Baggott. Plus Clarke and Donacien who can play there, as well as Ball. I wouldn't be surprised if the start Burgess has made to the season has us thinking its an area that might be less of a priority.

Agree about a forward though, when Hirst has run his race and your only replacement is Ladapo it's not only short in terms of numbers but IMO quality too.
Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:24 - Aug 24 with 2219 viewstractorboy1978

Williams has played 50+ times in the Premier League/European competitions. Leigh hadn't kicked a ball above L1 until two weeks ago and struggled for minutes last season in L1. Huge gulf and a big upgrade.
Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:25 - Aug 24 with 2215 viewsredrickstuhaart

Donacien has been absoluttely fine. Why are people so desperate to criticise him? Started with his very first game and has continued ever since.
Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:25 - Aug 24 with 2200 viewsFrimleyBlue

Whilst he could have been. I personally think the Clarke issue and JD having a tough start back in the champ, KM sees a need for someone who could not only cover Dacis with leigh going but someone who could do a job on the right.

All pure speculation of course

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:28 - Aug 24 with 2139 viewstractorboy1978

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:25 - Aug 24 by redrickstuhaart

Donacien has been absoluttely fine. Why are people so desperate to criticise him? Started with his very first game and has continued ever since.

I don't have a bad word to say about JD or Leigh but neither can play the full back role how McKenna really wants them to. What we are seeing now is the team naturally progressing and being upgraded.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 10:29]
Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:33 - Aug 24 with 2061 viewscatch74

Panic buy

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:42 - Aug 24 with 1954 viewsBigCommon

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:33 - Aug 24 by catch74

Panic buy

It's been noted quite often, that Prem loans are done towards the end of the window, once teams have done some business/had a good look at fringe players during pre season.... We won't know if Williams was top of our list. Either way, he'd be a great addition. And it's doubtful wether we'd got him in any earlier in the window, as outlined above.... Nothing panic about it , imo.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 10:43]
Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:43 - Aug 24 with 1939 viewsITFCBlues

I would add, we need someone to really push Burns. If he's injured, there isn't really any obvious options available out wide right other than Jackson? Not sure we'd want him to be playing any significant part this season, other than cameos from the bench.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:43 - Aug 24 with 1939 viewsStewart27

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:17 - Aug 24 by Kieran_Knows

Agree with every word in your post apart from having Bart back. He would be the worst keeper to play the way McKenna does.

I’d never want him back after the season when we were shamefully relegated when he downed tools.
Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:47 - Aug 24 with 1862 viewsSheffordBlue

I'd be surprised if we brought another keeper in at the minute. If Hladky were to pick up an injury we'd probably look at an emergency loan but if we brought one in now it would be a squad place we don't really have to play with.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:48 - Aug 24 with 1846 viewsSitfcB

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:33 - Aug 24 by catch74

Panic buy

I’d imagine he’s been a player in McKenna’s list since he’s been here.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:58 - Aug 24 with 1707 viewsdavblue

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:25 - Aug 24 by FrimleyBlue

Whilst he could have been. I personally think the Clarke issue and JD having a tough start back in the champ, KM sees a need for someone who could not only cover Dacis with leigh going but someone who could do a job on the right.

All pure speculation of course

JD was off it on Saturday but he's been fine this season.
Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:00 - Aug 24 with 1655 viewsArchiRob

as he was at the Sunderland game 3 weeks ago seems likely
Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:05 - Aug 24 with 1585 viewsBondiBlue

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:00 - Aug 24 by ArchiRob

as he was at the Sunderland game 3 weeks ago seems likely

Beat me to it.

Maybe it was the other way around and we were waiting for a taker for greg leigh.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:11 - Aug 24 with 1477 viewscatch74

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 10:48 - Aug 24 by SitfcB

I’d imagine he’s been a player in McKenna’s list since he’s been here.

I’ve got a funny feeling we know exactly what we’re doing.

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:12 - Aug 24 with 1460 viewshomer_123

Panic buy

Given it's a loan, you are wrong.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:20 - Aug 24 with 1373 viewscatch74

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:12 - Aug 24 by homer_123

Given it's a loan, you are wrong.

I’ve clearly failed on several levels here.

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:23 - Aug 24 with 1337 viewsBiGDonnie

You won't drop this 'we need a keeper' will ya. We're not signing another keeper.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I've given you an uppie to try and redress the balance on 11:26 - Aug 24 with 1306 viewsDyland

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:20 - Aug 24 by catch74

Clearly an ironic post, Catchers.

innit ffs etc.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:26 - Aug 24 with 1304 viewshomer_123

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:20 - Aug 24 by catch74

Backtrack or genuinely misunderstood?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:28 - Aug 24 with 1287 viewsJohnTy

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:11 - Aug 24 by catch74

I’ve got a funny feeling we know exactly what we’re doing.

McKenna is now building a squad capable of playing in the Premiership.
Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:31 - Aug 24 with 1259 viewsPioneerBlue

Ask after we’ve had an update on Don and Clarke fitness! It wouldn’t be a surprise if he’s been on a watch list after his limited games and departure from Nodge plus we’ve known of Clarke’s Achilles issue for a while.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 11:38]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:31 - Aug 24 with 1261 viewscatch74

Would you say Williams was one of the 3 players referenced by Ashton... on 11:26 - Aug 24 by homer_123

Backtrack or genuinely misunderstood?

Ahadme by catch74 20 Aug 2023 7:02
Probably bought in as we didn’t get Hirst, needed someone to score goals in league 1 to help get us promoted. He’d done that at Burton and now looks like he’ll be doing it at Cambridge. If he hadn’t been injured he’d have done it for us.
My Portsmouth mate said he’s first in to training, last out and works harder than anyone else he’s seen, on top of being a really decent bloke. He took the time to come and meet my son and spent time chatting with him after the Portsmouth game. He was a sensible punt who got injured, thankfully we got Hirst in January.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024