Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! 15:55 - Jan 29 with 3221 viewsNthQldITFC

The T*ries really have overseen the dismantling of the fabric of this country, haven't they, the sort of things they always used to supposedly be the champions of. All is fair game, it seems, in the corrupt, kleptomaniacal pursuit of T*ry pocket-lining.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:02 - Jan 29 with 2129 viewsHotShotHamish

How is employing large numbers of new police officers 'dismantling the fabric of our country'?

It must be tough being so blinkered by political hatred that you felt the need to post such drivel
Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:06 - Jan 29 with 2107 viewsBlueBadger

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:02 - Jan 29 by HotShotHamish

How is employing large numbers of new police officers 'dismantling the fabric of our country'?

It must be tough being so blinkered by political hatred that you felt the need to post such drivel

We had to recruit all those new, inexperienced coppers to replace the experienced ones they'd spent the previous ten years cutting.
In much the same way the we now have to employ NHS staff from third world countries who desperately need them rather than EU countries who are well staffed.

What is it you like best about the Tories, the bigotry, the corruption, the incompetence or the criminality?
[Post edited 29 Jan 16:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:07 - Jan 29 with 2092 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:02 - Jan 29 by HotShotHamish

You realise they've got rid of tens of thousands of police over the last 14 years don't you?

No, expect you don't.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:09 - Jan 29 with 2087 viewsNthQldITFC

Ah. I wondered if you had a point, so I looked up the numbers and apparently there are almost the same number of police officers now as there were in 2010, (171K vs. 172K)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/303963/uk-police-officer-numbers/

So I was going to apologise to you, but now I won't.

Edit: Also, as the low point was 155K or ~10% swing, then the fact that so many are so inexperienced must mean that there's been an extraordinary loss of experienced officers replaced by inexperienced officers in that time.

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:11 - Jan 29 with 2081 viewsHerbivore

We've only just got back to the number of officers we had when the Tories came to power in 2010, they haven't overseen an increase in numbers. There is a worrying lack of experienced people in almost all sectors of public life because of the Tories overseeing real terms pay cuts for workers in the public sector over several years, whilst also seeing an erosion of their working conditions with far fewer resources to do their job, and at the same time the social conditions the Tories have created have added increased demand for public services. It is, in layman's terms, a perfect sh!tstorm and is why experienced people are leaving in droves from the police, teaching, the NHS, social work and social care, and so on. If you can't see what's going on then I'm afraid you're the one wearing blinkers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:14 - Jan 29 with 2042 viewsNthQldITFC

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:11 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

We've only just got back to the number of officers we had when the Tories came to power in 2010, they haven't overseen an increase in numbers. There is a worrying lack of experienced people in almost all sectors of public life because of the Tories overseeing real terms pay cuts for workers in the public sector over several years, whilst also seeing an erosion of their working conditions with far fewer resources to do their job, and at the same time the social conditions the Tories have created have added increased demand for public services. It is, in layman's terms, a perfect sh!tstorm and is why experienced people are leaving in droves from the police, teaching, the NHS, social work and social care, and so on. If you can't see what's going on then I'm afraid you're the one wearing blinkers.

Very well put.

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:18 - Jan 29 with 2032 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:09 - Jan 29 by NthQldITFC

Ah. I wondered if you had a point, so I looked up the numbers and apparently there are almost the same number of police officers now as there were in 2010, (171K vs. 172K)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/303963/uk-police-officer-numbers/

So I was going to apologise to you, but now I won't.

Edit: Also, as the low point was 155K or ~10% swing, then the fact that so many are so inexperienced must mean that there's been an extraordinary loss of experienced officers replaced by inexperienced officers in that time.

Also, staying at the same number of officers as 2010 is a real terms CUT given we’ve added millions to our population in that time. The number of police per capita is now much lower, “the party of law and order”…or something like that.

A legacy of failure in literally everything.
Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:23 - Jan 29 with 2016 viewsDubtractor

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:11 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

Alternatively, if you look at their posting history, you'll conclude that they are one of those odd types that only pop up when certain trigger words pop up to call them into action.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:27 - Jan 29 with 1997 viewsBlueBadger

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:23 - Jan 29 by Dubtractor

Alternatively, if you look at their posting history, you'll conclude that they are one of those odd types that only pop up when certain trigger words pop up to call them into action.

Imagine being so low in the hierarchy at the Russian Troll Factory that you get detailed with this place,

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:46 - Jan 29 with 1944 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:23 - Jan 29 by Dubtractor

I guarantee Hamish won't be back to respond to any of these points.

It could be trolling. If trolling were a bit like posting "Grass is purple" and then running away.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:48 - Jan 29 with 1935 viewsPlums

Apart from the obvious operational issues this will cause, the stripping out of the 'corporate memory' of many of our national institutions means we will inevitably face many instances where lessons of the past weren't learned and problems repeated.

I predict this will be a feature of public inquiries in years to come.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:50 - Jan 29 with 1924 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:46 - Jan 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

I guarantee Hamish won't be back to respond to any of these points.

It could be trolling. If trolling were a bit like posting "Grass is purple" and then running away.

Grass is purple.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:55 - Jan 29 with 1912 viewsbrad548ye

It was literally like a switch being flicked when the Tories came into power in 2010 for the police and no doubt all the other public services. I was a Tory supporter to my shame up until I could see what they were doing in the years to follow. Will always remember May's immortal phrases of "You will do more with less" and the classic when police officers tried to warn her of the inevitable consequences of her actions, "You are crying wolf".
Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 17:03 - Jan 29 with 1879 viewsDJR

Interesting paragraph from Statista which indicates the SNP are not necessarily the disaster they've been made out to be.

For 2022/23, the crime rate in England and Wales rose again with 93.6 crimes per 1,000 people, while in Scotland it increased slightly to 52.8. During the period 2002-2022 the crime rate of England and Wales has usually been the highest in the UK, while Scotland's crime rate has improved the most, falling from 93.4 crimes per 1,000 people in 2002/03, to just 52.3 by 2021/22.
[Post edited 29 Jan 17:30]
Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 17:22 - Jan 29 with 1812 viewsredrickstuhaart

Because the damage is done, and the absence of experience means a much less effective and knowledgeable force.

See also- doctors, courts, social services etc. All the experienced people being driven out in despair.
Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 17:44 - Jan 29 with 1754 viewsbluelagos

Channel four 9pm tonight.
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/to-catch-a-copper

You might be wishing there were a few more leaving the police.

#Corrupttothecore.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 17:49 - Jan 29 with 1727 viewsredrickstuhaart

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 17:44 - Jan 29 by bluelagos

#Corrupttothecore.

Yes. Because the answer to dealing with a few bad ones, is to encourage all the decent experienced ones to go elsewhere by tarring them with the same brush.
Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 18:00 - Jan 29 with 1667 viewsbluelagos

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 17:49 - Jan 29 by redrickstuhaart

Yes. Because the answer to dealing with a few bad ones, is to encourage all the decent experienced ones to go elsewhere by tarring them with the same brush.

You want to cheer lead a profession that is corrupt to the core that's your call pal.

I am quite happy pointing out the corrupt practices that permeate the police and result in them protecting their bent colleagues rather than getting rid of them.

Has always been thus, but you wish to deny what is clear to any informed observer that's your call. Corrupt right to the core.

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 18:13 - Jan 29 with 1609 viewsbrad548ye

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 18:00 - Jan 29 by bluelagos

You want to cheer lead a profession that is corrupt to the core that's your call pal.

I am quite happy pointing out the corrupt practices that permeate the police and result in them protecting their bent colleagues rather than getting rid of them.

Has always been thus, but you wish to deny what is clear to any informed observer that's your call. Corrupt right to the core.

Bluelagos, You're absolutely right and i'm in full agreement that a fair few more could do with being booted out. But i think you'll find it's the fellow corrupt officers that would look to protect their fellow corrupt colleagues.

Ask any genuine officer and when they hear the likes of what some of these so called police officers have done they wince with shame and embarrassment. All they can do is carry on and do their duty.
Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 18:20 - Jan 29 with 1583 viewsbluelagos

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 18:13 - Jan 29 by brad548ye

Bluelagos, You're absolutely right and i'm in full agreement that a fair few more could do with being booted out. But i think you'll find it's the fellow corrupt officers that would look to protect their fellow corrupt colleagues.

Ask any genuine officer and when they hear the likes of what some of these so called police officers have done they wince with shame and embarrassment. All they can do is carry on and do their duty.

Of course every barrel of rotten apples has the odd good one.

I actually know a few current/ex plod including one currently serving in a PSD unit - she can tell you some stories.

I do actually feel for the decent ones - working in an organisation that is institutionally corrupt can't be much fun. But those who defend the police without recognising the cultural failings - especially the "bluecode" - are as much a problem as the bent coppers themselves.

Too many apologists and not enough willing to challenge the culture of cover up.

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 18:48 - Jan 29 with 1536 viewsMullet

Look up the Education and NHS stats for a good comparison.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 19:40 - Jan 29 with 1486 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 16:27 - Jan 29 by BlueBadger

Imagine being so low in the hierarchy at the Russian Troll Factory that you get detailed with this place,

CertainIberianLady/ClassyIpswichLass has let herself go!
Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 19:54 - Jan 29 with 1452 viewsredrickstuhaart

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 18:00 - Jan 29 by bluelagos

I want to cheer lead the vast majority of officers who are at risk, routinely abused, paid poorly and treated like crap despite doing their best.
Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 20:06 - Jan 29 with 1408 viewsbluelagos

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 19:54 - Jan 29 by redrickstuhaart

I want to cheer lead the vast majority of officers who are at risk, routinely abused, paid poorly and treated like crap despite doing their best.

Whilst having nothing to say about the culture of cover up that has been shown to be endemic in UK policing for decades?

If you are silent about that then you are complicit in it carrying on. If you chose instead to celebrate the good coppers whilst not speaking out about the blue code and how that negatively impacts decent poiciing that is your choice

But I'll carry on highlighting the lowlifes and the system iof accountability that protects them rather than exposes them.

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 22:17 - Jan 29 with 1277 viewsbluelagos

Apparently one third of police officers have fewer than 5 years experience! on 17:44 - Jan 29 by bluelagos

#Corrupttothecore.

Will be on catch up.

Includes a copper who raped a drunk young girl, then claimed she raped him but his PTSD meant he couldn't fight her off.

He was paid £180k whilst suspended, allowed to take early retirement on medical grounds and was then found not guilty of misconduct and is now free to work for the police again.

Utter scum and in the eyes of the law, an innocent man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024