Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moment that summed up this season for you. 21:12 - May 7 with 4254 viewsMelford

I'll go with Newcastle away about a minute in, climb all those flights of stairs to get to the top tier, then our seats were on the back row. I was sweaty and panting at this stage, I'd never seen so many stairs and I was slightly bladderated. Got to our position and within 10 seconds we were 1 nil down. Get in, game's already started, look at the pitch and oh dear.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:15 - May 7 with 2870 viewsFtnfwest

I concentrated hard for 5 hours driving up there, they managed 64 seconds. Actually the moment for me was Lincoln away, barely an attempt on goal against a non league team
[Post edited 7 May 2017 21:29]
Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:16 - May 7 with 2861 viewstextbackup

Berra as forest take their first pen today, just watch the useless lump of haggis, hands on hips, slowly walking into area. Not even remotely interested in running to possibly be first to clear the ball

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:20 - May 7 with 2829 viewsTractorWood

Apart from 95 minutes, the weekend in Newcastle was awesome. Will do Sunderland via Newcastle I reckon. Moment that summed the season for me was Reading away giving away a needless, last second penalty.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:23 - May 7 with 2798 viewssouthnorfolkblue

For me it was Rotherham away. A fantastic performance against the Geordies and the manager then sends out the stiffs and loses any goodwill that the previous game had gained.

Poll: Our final position

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:30 - May 7 with 2760 viewspatrickswell

Hearing the selection for the Wolves home match and realising we were playing for a home draw against a side that had lost 6 games in a row.

Also, 25 minutes into the Lincoln replay when a period of build-up pressure from us culminated in Knudsen knocking the ball back to Berra on halfway, who promptly belted it into touch. It seemed to sum up the inertia over everything and the fear that has gripped us.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 21:34]
Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:34 - May 7 with 2732 viewsMullet

The second disallowed goal in a week at Wolves that turned out to deny us wins we deserved/needed.

As well as we played that night and the promise it had was never realised and the momentum it created just didn't stop - there's a clear line that runs right through the season that I'm sure starts around there.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:38 - May 7 with 2690 viewsjas0999

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:15 - May 7 by Ftnfwest

I concentrated hard for 5 hours driving up there, they managed 64 seconds. Actually the moment for me was Lincoln away, barely an attempt on goal against a non league team
[Post edited 7 May 2017 21:29]

This. National embarrassment.
Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:40 - May 7 with 2679 viewsGuthrum

Maybe the break in the game at Cardiff, when their players were all by the dugout getting drinks and instructions, while ours stood about individually, not looking at each other or the manager.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:41 - May 7 with 2667 viewsFrimleyBlue

The brief improvement of sears when played as a striker.

Such a simple move. Yet seemed to take 30 games until tried again.

I just dont get how he went from a goal scoring striker to winger in Micks head.

How we took a flying high in confidence young winger who scored a hattck on his debut... into a winger unable to play with ball at feet.

The continued laughable Knudsen long throws.

Losing murphy. Getting best. Losing best. Getting moore.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:42 - May 7 with 2650 viewsSteve_M

The end of the August transfer window when we hadn't replaced Murphy.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:47 - May 7 with 2598 viewsJosebadleg

The collapse against Brentford in August. The second half performance has been the norm for the entire season.

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:50 - May 7 with 2560 viewsMelford

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:20 - May 7 by TractorWood

Apart from 95 minutes, the weekend in Newcastle was awesome. Will do Sunderland via Newcastle I reckon. Moment that summed the season for me was Reading away giving away a needless, last second penalty.

That weekend up there was ***king awesome. I don't think I've got right back on it class A wise and legendary drinking marathon session like that in a decade. Me and brothers set loose in Newcastle. I can remember most of it but that's a post for another day.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:52 - May 7 with 2525 viewsjaykay

birmingham at home.mick played douglas just to piss the fans off.according to mick douglas was one of our better performers that day,but since then he hasnt even been sub let alone played.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:53 - May 7 with 2508 viewsolimar

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:42 - May 7 by Steve_M

The end of the August transfer window when we hadn't replaced Murphy.

I think this is the winning answer.
Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:54 - May 7 with 2507 viewsRobTheMonk

Special Brew Berra first half vs Lincoln.

One of those rare times where I genuinely think I could of done better in that team.
Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:54 - May 7 with 2506 views3_5_2

The Lincoln away game.

Not content with always being sh1te on sky, we enabled all the license payers to also witness just how bad we can be.

I've not recovered from it and what respect I had for mm evaporated that day.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:54 - May 7 with 2499 viewsFtnfwest

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:53 - May 7 by olimar

I think this is the winning answer.

If it wasn't trumped by the same thing happening in January
Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:57 - May 7 with 2471 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Good - My grandad getting hooked on Town away days when celebrating the Emyr Huws goal at villa with randomers

Bad - The lack of respect from our players and management in not clapping the fans at all after Rotherham and sulking off

Ugly - The video highlighting Douglas at Newcastle failing to move his legs for an entire minute looking for the ball

Honourary mention - Flash blues 'day'

Honourary mention - Me being p1ssed off and, for the first time, believing relegation was a possibility after the shambles of Cardiff away to be greeted by some Town players having a laugh at Cardiff station munching on dominos.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:59 - May 7 with 2449 views3_5_2

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:57 - May 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Good - My grandad getting hooked on Town away days when celebrating the Emyr Huws goal at villa with randomers

Bad - The lack of respect from our players and management in not clapping the fans at all after Rotherham and sulking off

Ugly - The video highlighting Douglas at Newcastle failing to move his legs for an entire minute looking for the ball

Honourary mention - Flash blues 'day'

Honourary mention - Me being p1ssed off and, for the first time, believing relegation was a possibility after the shambles of Cardiff away to be greeted by some Town players having a laugh at Cardiff station munching on dominos.

Today's 3/10 hotdog not worth a mention?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 22:02 - May 7 with 2429 viewsmarchy

Jonathan Douglas kicking the ball into his own face.
Moment that summed up this season for you. on 22:07 - May 7 with 2379 viewsRobTheMonk

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 22:02 - May 7 by marchy

Jonathan Douglas kicking the ball into his own face.

LOL.
Moment that summed up this season for you. on 22:09 - May 7 with 2358 viewsolimar

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 21:54 - May 7 by Ftnfwest

If it wasn't trumped by the same thing happening in January

I know what you mean, failing twice was farcical.
Moment that summed up this season for you. on 22:14 - May 7 with 2323 viewsRobTheMonk

Oh another one. There was one game where there were loads of us in the webchat and the game sounded atrociously dull. The question of who our next manager could be was asked. What followed was about 30 minutes of absolute chaos. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at the webchat before. If you were in chat that day you'll know what I'm on about.
Moment that summed up this season for you. on 22:16 - May 7 with 2307 viewshorsehollerer

I'll go for the 2nd half at QPR... Lawrence scored a worldie, Mick made a crap substitution, the fans booed Douglas, and ultimately we failed. Our season in a nutshell.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Moment that summed up this season for you. on 22:21 - May 7 with 2260 viewsMJallday

Terry butcher on bbc after the lincoln match summing us up

We were sh1t on another level.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024