Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by 22:10 - Jul 3 with 15834 viewsgainsboroughblue

The Town mascot for the game v Southampton (containing Kevin Keegan) in circa 81-82 was called Kevin Keagan.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 12:32 - Jul 4 with 5882 viewsOrwellblue

Diesel the Evening Star seller walking round the pitch before games.

The opening/naming of the Pioneer stand with the ribbon being cut with a massive pair of scissors on the pitch!
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 13:03 - Jul 4 with 5844 viewsLord_Lucan

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 11:33 - Jul 4 by britbiker

In the violent old days when everyone bundled into the north stand from the pub just before kick off. Standing just far enough from the dividing fence so as not to get spat on or worse from the visiting fans. And a bunch of tough black ipswich fans that had the nickname the Ipswich nig.... (insert a word no longer acceptable). Who were they? I was told they came from London but that seems unlikely.

Goose and his merry men

Ipswich through and through

You might have resisted asking them not to smoke near you.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 17:37 - Jul 4 with 5788 viewsCoastalblue

Being one nil down at home to Blackburn under Lyall and a gnarled old boy with a broad Suffolk accent telling me not to worry as he'd seen two geese flying over the North Stand and that meant we'd score twice.

I think the pitch forker was called Wellsy, unless it was one of the others as a load of lads in Block I used to shout at him during half time.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 17:40 - Jul 4 with 5784 viewsgainsboroughblue

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 17:37 - Jul 4 by Coastalblue

Being one nil down at home to Blackburn under Lyall and a gnarled old boy with a broad Suffolk accent telling me not to worry as he'd seen two geese flying over the North Stand and that meant we'd score twice.

I think the pitch forker was called Wellsy, unless it was one of the others as a load of lads in Block I used to shout at him during half time.

Yep. Wellsy. Used to be a local ref too. I still see him now and again on his bike.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 18:14 - Jul 4 with 5753 viewstextbackup

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:16 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

Haha. Simon Milton's testimonial against West Ham, being really impressed with Craig Forest doing a throw out to the full back but behind his back. Nice little party trick.

West Brom at home, Burley era. Was in the ground about an hour after the game as had some academy event, must've been about 11 or something and a couple of their players started kicking the sh1t out of each other in the tunnel after a warm down. Matt Holland ushered us lads away so we didn't have to witness it but we were desperate to watch. They were properly laying into each other, stewards and police breaking them up. Rumour has it one had been sent off and the other blamed him for them losing. Would be all over social media today, probably wasn't even reported then.

Kelvin davis broke big darren moores nose in that fight. Defo Info that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 00:27 - Jul 5 with 5675 viewsbritbiker

That powerful free kick that mark Venus took which hit some poor soul in the wall. Think he got a real nasty injury from it. Players dont hit free kicks like that anymore
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 08:55 - Jul 5 with 5610 viewsThrobbe

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 00:27 - Jul 5 by britbiker

That powerful free kick that mark Venus took which hit some poor soul in the wall. Think he got a real nasty injury from it. Players dont hit free kicks like that anymore

Forget the players name, but it pretty much ended his career. I think he made a comeback some years afterwards, but at a lower level.

I remember laughing at the time when he got booked as he was stretchered off for encroachment, but felt bad later on when I found out how bad the injury was.

Edit: It was Alex Notman - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Notman
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 8:58]

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 09:34 - Jul 5 with 5580 viewsTrumptonBlue

Jamie Clapham executing not one but two perfect Cruyff turns on a freezing cold night at QPR.
Login to get fewer ads

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 13:56 - Jul 5 with 5529 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 18:14 - Jul 4 by textbackup

Kelvin davis broke big darren moores nose in that fight. Defo Info that

Different tunnel fracas that - the one above was in the late 90's before Davis joined us

As for the thread, being a 15 year old at Wembley sat one side of a gangway with my mate opposite, eating a bag of Maltesers. Mate shouts over to offer one causing a bloke in the row in front to turn round and ask for one. 30 seconds later Naylor puts us 2-1 ahead causing the bloke to bundle us screaming that it was because of the malteser

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 13:57 - Jul 5 with 5529 viewsbritbiker

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 08:55 - Jul 5 by Throbbe

Forget the players name, but it pretty much ended his career. I think he made a comeback some years afterwards, but at a lower level.

I remember laughing at the time when he got booked as he was stretchered off for encroachment, but felt bad later on when I found out how bad the injury was.

Edit: It was Alex Notman - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Notman
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 8:58]

Cheers for that Throbbed. I heard the same thing but didn't know if it was true. I did the same a you when he doubled up but didn't realise how bad he was.

Another random one. The strange man who sings badly into the megaphone outside the ground before kick off. He makes up random words that don't fit the song. I thought he had quit last year but he reappeared at the end of the season.
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 19:16 - Jul 7 with 5410 viewssudburyblue16

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 13:57 - Jul 5 by britbiker

Cheers for that Throbbed. I heard the same thing but didn't know if it was true. I did the same a you when he doubled up but didn't realise how bad he was.

Another random one. The strange man who sings badly into the megaphone outside the ground before kick off. He makes up random words that don't fit the song. I thought he had quit last year but he reappeared at the end of the season.

Going the entire 1986/87 season and not conceding a goal at the North Stand end.
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 19:42 - Jul 7 with 5402 viewsSwansea_Blue

Away to Bury. Our whole crowd chanting 'Burley's, barmy army" for bloody ages, getting louder and loader, til we topped off a sweeping move with a goal. Queue much merriment. Always stuck in my mind for some reason, and fairly random.

Something similar happened at Reading before they moved to the Madjeski, hit them on the break lovely fast counter attack.

Back in the times we were winding up towards our promotion. When we could play with pace and precision.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 19:45 - Jul 7 with 5402 viewsSwansea_Blue

The thoroughly bizarre sight of Jaimme Peters warming up alongside the other defenders, who were all 6ft plus.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 20:04 - Jul 7 with 5388 viewsswede

Holding blue & white scarves aloft when we scored.
Football rattles
Swede calling to the north stand... "Give us an I....."
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 20:20 - Jul 7 with 5375 viewsBLUEBEAT

Leo Muff.

Made me snigger then, makes me snigger now.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 20:24 - Jul 7 with 5372 viewsDennyx4

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 11:48 - Jul 4 by Dolly2.0

A song;

"M.I.C.K.E.Y.B.L.U.N.T, Mickey Blunt what a c***"

I've no idea who Mickey Blunt was.

Can also remember a song that was sung at Selhurst Park, late 80's early 90's of

Mickey Blunt is F***ing innocent - again no idea who he was or what he was innocent of?
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 20:29 - Jul 7 with 5370 viewsDennyx4

Always remember the story of the two penalties at Carrow Road.

We were 2-0 down and John Wark scored a penalty to make it 2-1. The ref then awarded us another penalty, which he later changed his mind - still bloody fuming.

But there was a bit of time inbetween him giving the second penalty and him changing his mind. During that time Bryan Gunn asked John Wark - where he was going to put the penalty, trying to put him off. John Warks reply, same place as the last one, in the back of your net.

Great response.
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 20:29 - Jul 7 with 5368 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:52 - Jul 3 by gtsb1966

I used to stand on a milkcrate at the front of the North stand in the mid to late 70's and vividly remember a woman somewhere at the back of the North would scream whenever an opponent got near our goal.

Blimey, i remember her, sounded like a bloody banshee.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 20:35 - Jul 7 with 5358 viewswkj

During the Burley years there was a bloke who sold Golden Gamble tickets outside the northstand with such a booming voice but a lovely chap, I always used to buy a ticket from him while having a quick natter on match days
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 20:35]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 20:35 - Jul 7 with 5357 viewsPJH

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 20:29 - Jul 7 by Dennyx4

Always remember the story of the two penalties at Carrow Road.

We were 2-0 down and John Wark scored a penalty to make it 2-1. The ref then awarded us another penalty, which he later changed his mind - still bloody fuming.

But there was a bit of time inbetween him giving the second penalty and him changing his mind. During that time Bryan Gunn asked John Wark - where he was going to put the penalty, trying to put him off. John Warks reply, same place as the last one, in the back of your net.

Great response.

That 2nd penalty was when Claus Thomsen threw himself down and the ref gave a pen.
Their players got the ref to talk to the lino and I think the lino told him that it shouldn't be a pen so they decided to give a free kick to them instead.
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 20:51 - Jul 7 with 5336 viewsBlueorder

Three things.

1 - Injuring my wrist whilst 'saving' a shot from Paul Mariner at the old Victoria ground circa '80. I think we won 1-2

2 - Chris Kiwomya winking at us lot in the away end at Coventry having just 'won' us a penalty. 1-1 maybe.

3 - Sunbathing at the Manor ground on the first day of the season circa '94. We lost and nobody gave a tinkers toss (apart from Oxford).
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 00:10 - Jul 8 with 5275 viewsDolly2.0

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 20:24 - Jul 7 by Dennyx4

Can also remember a song that was sung at Selhurst Park, late 80's early 90's of

Mickey Blunt is F***ing innocent - again no idea who he was or what he was innocent of?

I'm surprised no-one on here has been able to provide any information on Mickey Blunt. Unless he was just a made up character?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024