Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitman 19:10 - Jul 12 with 10883 viewsRudyard83

I just don't understand why so many of you TWTDers love him, and rate him so highly. He has a bad attitude and all he does is run around a bit. Never wins headers and is just a waste of space. I just don't see how anyone could rate him highly...
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 19:12]
Pitman on 19:12 - Jul 12 with 8508 viewsHerbivore

Runs around a lot?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pitman on 19:13 - Jul 12 with 8499 viewsRudyard83

Pitman on 19:12 - Jul 12 by Herbivore

Runs around a lot?

Good point. Edited
Pitman on 19:17 - Jul 12 with 8479 viewsTendring_Blue

Always looks as if he is hooked up to a plough to me. Cant seem to get off the mark very quickly.
Pitman on 19:27 - Jul 12 with 8444 viewsstickymockwell

Pitman on 19:17 - Jul 12 by Tendring_Blue

Always looks as if he is hooked up to a plough to me. Cant seem to get off the mark very quickly.

He's just not in the right team for him!
A move would be right for both parties

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Pitman on 19:29 - Jul 12 with 8438 viewsCoco

Pitman on 19:27 - Jul 12 by stickymockwell

He's just not in the right team for him!
A move would be right for both parties

Yes he needs a team willing to play football on the deck at pace. He joined us 20 years too late.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Pitman on 19:34 - Jul 12 with 8418 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Pitman on 19:29 - Jul 12 by Coco

Yes he needs a team willing to play football on the deck at pace. He joined us 20 years too late.

He was a hell of a player when he was 7 to be fair.

Poll: Best Football Song

Pitman on 19:36 - Jul 12 with 8403 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Pitman on 19:34 - Jul 12 by RoyKeanesDog

He was a hell of a player when he was 7 to be fair.

I think you'll find he was referring to ITFC teams of the past - not a young Pitman.
Pitman on 19:36 - Jul 12 with 8398 viewsSomethingBlue

Couldn't get into one that did. There's a reason for that — look at his career as a whole.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Pitman on 19:50 - Jul 12 with 8337 viewsolimar

Pitman on 19:36 - Jul 12 by SomethingBlue

Couldn't get into one that did. There's a reason for that — look at his career as a whole.

To be fair, when they went up, he was only really behind Callum Wilson (no shame there), but contributed pretty well against Kermogant and that guy they spent a load of money on whos name I forget...
Pitman on 19:54 - Jul 12 with 8310 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Pitman on 19:36 - Jul 12 by BelvedereBrunswick

I think you'll find he was referring to ITFC teams of the past - not a young Pitman.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Poll: Best Football Song

Pitman on 19:55 - Jul 12 with 8304 viewsFtnfwest

mick obviously did
Pitman on 20:00 - Jul 12 with 8281 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Pitman on 19:54 - Jul 12 by RoyKeanesDog

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

I was being sincere.
Pitman on 23:23 - Jul 12 with 8098 viewsGuthrum

He's a pretty good marksman.

But his ideal role is as a goal-hanging striker, which doesn't suit the way we (or most other Championship teams) play. What's needed in this division is someone who can work hard, create chances as well as finishing them, bring others into play, drop back to defend when necessary.

Also, I'm not sure he is at his most effective starting games, rather than coming off the bench when defenders are tiring.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pitman on 04:11 - Jul 13 with 8012 viewsRudyard83

Pitman on 23:23 - Jul 12 by Guthrum

He's a pretty good marksman.

But his ideal role is as a goal-hanging striker, which doesn't suit the way we (or most other Championship teams) play. What's needed in this division is someone who can work hard, create chances as well as finishing them, bring others into play, drop back to defend when necessary.

Also, I'm not sure he is at his most effective starting games, rather than coming off the bench when defenders are tiring.

Undoubtedly he is better off the bench. There's been multiple times where I've moaned when I see him warming up/preparing to come on, and he scores in the next 5 minutes. I just don't think it's worth paying wages for 10 minutes a week
Pitman on 07:57 - Jul 13 with 7918 viewsHerbivore

He'd have got nowhere near that team.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pitman on 08:18 - Jul 13 with 7894 viewsWeekender

Pitman on 19:50 - Jul 12 by olimar

To be fair, when they went up, he was only really behind Callum Wilson (no shame there), but contributed pretty well against Kermogant and that guy they spent a load of money on whos name I forget...

Tekelo Rantie?

As others have said he's in the wrong team, he's not a target man.

At Bournemouth he and Kermorgant shared the roll of playing in behind Wilson who lead the line. Also Bournemouth play football on the deck not in the air.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Pitman on 08:18 - Jul 13 with 7891 viewsimsureazzure

Good first touch, eye for goal and passes the ball offensively not just to get his made passes stats up.

Not quick and not a target man in the negative.

MM rated him highly.
Pitman on 08:25 - Jul 13 with 7864 viewsVic

i think you're fishing here aren't you Rudders?

Truth is that he rarely does the business when he starts games, but has a happy knack of scoring when he comes on as sub - not sure of his stats, but he's consistently scored plenty of goals for whoever he's played for. So personally I'd be happy if he stayed - if only as a decent option off the bench. That said, if the reports are right that he's a negative influence with the squad then he's best moved on.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Pitman on 08:34 - Jul 13 with 7852 viewsunbelievablue

He wins quite a lot of headers, actually.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Pitman on 08:49 - Jul 13 with 7824 viewsitfcjoe

There is a player in there, and he can be quite effective - but he isn't a 90 minute week in-week out striker at this level.

He just isn't fit enough, and can't seem to get fit enough - his record at Bournemouth shows the same.

I think most people 'rate' him one way or another, but ultimately we can't afford to have one of best paid players as a rotation option to work with his (lack of) natural fitness

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pitman on 09:39 - Jul 13 with 7756 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

On the occasions when he played well (his early days) I made the statement that "he was an upgrade on McGoldrick" and felt he offered more than McG..

As time has gone on I think I was a little wide of the mark and although I still rate Pitman he doesn't offer what McG does or what we desperately need & certainly isn't worth the wages we will be paying him.

It doesn't help him that he has always looked like a bloke who you'd play against in a Sunday pub league, he just doesn't look like a professional footballer plying his trade in the 2nd tier
Pitman on 10:00 - Jul 13 with 7728 viewsClausThomsen

He was a great supersub.

He never wins headers is harsh, he's just not tall enough to perform that function, he was trying though, and doing what he was being asked to do.

I don't rate him highly but feel we could have used him in the same way we could have used JET, as an impact sub. But like JET, he's probably on too high a wage to warrant that role.

He was at his best here when Fraser was here - they had an understanding from that Bournemouth side which benefitted us. When Fraser was fit. Since then he's been bouncing off centrebacks with little joy.
Pitman on 10:19 - Jul 13 with 7706 viewsSimonds92

Completely agree with this. Nowhere near good enough, doesn't matter what the 'style of play' is. He can't hold it up he can't play in behind he's useless in the air and has only been a prolific striker in the lower leagues.
Pitman on 10:26 - Jul 13 with 7692 viewsmonty_radio

I've always been a sucker for a player who can control a football, and looks as if he enjoys having it at his feet. We've not had too many of those in recent time, nor an alternative like thrusting attacking play that gets you on your feet. In the absence of such, I have enjoyed Pitman's touches even if that haven't delivered the promise. To me he's always felt that he might be about to make a difference, even though he actually hasn't.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Pitman on 10:48 - Jul 13 with 7654 viewsolimar

Pitman on 08:18 - Jul 13 by Weekender

Tekelo Rantie?

As others have said he's in the wrong team, he's not a target man.

At Bournemouth he and Kermorgant shared the roll of playing in behind Wilson who lead the line. Also Bournemouth play football on the deck not in the air.

Yeah, Rantie, thats the one I was thinking of.
Plus they also brought in Kenwyne Jones for the last month or so and he didnt make that much of an impact either.
I think Pitman held his own in that promotion season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024