Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done 10:32 - Jul 14 with 14759 viewsIpswich24

in the window so far.
We have only really bought in Adeyemi and Garner .We had Huws last year we had Spence, and Celina just replaces Lawrence. We still dont have a powerful, pacy striker, we are very short at right back, and we still seem to be missing out on our top targets. Ward going to Cardiff and Wolves chap to Reading

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Once again you are being silly. (n/t) on 12:26 - Jul 14 with 4865 viewsBloots

A bloke that nobody had any interest in signing..... on 12:16 - Jul 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Once again you aren't familiar with the facts. Bodvarsson (if you mean him) hasn't signed for another club as yet.

[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 12:26]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:31 - Jul 14 with 4859 viewsmonty_radio

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:16 - Jul 14 by unbelievablue

"If the window finished now it would be an unsuccessful one."

The worst straw man argument I've seen in a while.

That's not actually a "straw man" which involves knocking back an argument that no-one has advanced while slipping in your own. He's just offering an opinion that he knows is no more than a comment since the window hasn't closed.

Many of those applauding business so far agree that we need two or three more. Some just express it more anxiously, not sure that the overall quality has yet been upped given that though money has been spent, Huws and Spence we had, Garner is not altogether proven at 29 and a very young Celina will have to go some to equal Lawrence.

It's O.K. to be assured and somewhat cool as soon as pen is put to paper, but if no posters were panicking for more, rather than just nodding sagely that more will arrive, July would be too quiet to bear.

Personally, I feel that, with our additions, we're looking at a season of running and aggression, and I'm hoping for a bit more craft. Perhaps that might be Andre.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

A bloke that nobody had any interest in signing..... on 12:34 - Jul 14 with 4855 viewsSwansea_Blue

A bloke that nobody had any interest in signing..... on 11:34 - Jul 14 by Bloots

....a week ago has signed for another club and the doom mongers are out in force.

Barmy.

The only issue with the Bod signing / non-signing is that if he was our top target (as reported), why the f*ck were we faffing around dragging out negotiations and trying to get him on the cheap. Either he's a realistic target or not. If he is they should have just got on with it. If not, look somewhere else and stop wasting everyone's time.

(Sh*t, I sound like 12th_Man)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:35 - Jul 14 with 4841 viewsunbelievablue

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:31 - Jul 14 by monty_radio

That's not actually a "straw man" which involves knocking back an argument that no-one has advanced while slipping in your own. He's just offering an opinion that he knows is no more than a comment since the window hasn't closed.

Many of those applauding business so far agree that we need two or three more. Some just express it more anxiously, not sure that the overall quality has yet been upped given that though money has been spent, Huws and Spence we had, Garner is not altogether proven at 29 and a very young Celina will have to go some to equal Lawrence.

It's O.K. to be assured and somewhat cool as soon as pen is put to paper, but if no posters were panicking for more, rather than just nodding sagely that more will arrive, July would be too quiet to bear.

Personally, I feel that, with our additions, we're looking at a season of running and aggression, and I'm hoping for a bit more craft. Perhaps that might be Andre.

I relent, point taken. A facile comment nevertheless.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

A bloke that nobody had any interest in signing..... on 12:38 - Jul 14 with 4826 viewshomer_123

A bloke that nobody had any interest in signing..... on 12:34 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

The only issue with the Bod signing / non-signing is that if he was our top target (as reported), why the f*ck were we faffing around dragging out negotiations and trying to get him on the cheap. Either he's a realistic target or not. If he is they should have just got on with it. If not, look somewhere else and stop wasting everyone's time.

To be fair, he doesn't strike me as a player we must sign at ANY cost though?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I expect we are looking at other signings..... on 12:40 - Jul 14 with 4817 viewsBloots

A bloke that nobody had any interest in signing..... on 12:34 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

....I sure (and know) that we make a number of offers to players that don't get accepted.

This one just got out in the open a bit more and coupled with Pitman leaving at the same time seems to be far more significant.

There are far more variables to signing a player than just money.

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:41 - Jul 14 with 4814 viewsBenters

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:02 - Jul 14 by Bluebell

We still have 22 days (yes, I'm counting!) to bring in more players, and unlike last year when Murphy went at the last minute, we have time to get more in.

Hopefully with Pitman's wages gone it will give Mick money to replace him.

22 days to sell Bart

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

A bloke that nobody had any interest in signing..... on 12:42 - Jul 14 with 4814 viewsSwansea_Blue

A bloke that nobody had any interest in signing..... on 12:38 - Jul 14 by homer_123

To be fair, he doesn't strike me as a player we must sign at ANY cost though?

We agree on that, but our views are irrelevant. If he was MM's top target you'd expect a bit of effort.

As for the player himself, I don't really mind - it's all daft links and hype at this time of year. it's not over until we see them holding up the shirt or we can boo them during their first half time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Once again you are being silly. (n/t) on 12:43 - Jul 14 with 4811 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Once again you are being silly. (n/t) on 12:26 - Jul 14 by Bloots

Same as yesterday you're a clown.

Up until yesterday you hadn't even known we were in a relegation battle last season. You claimed that we weren't even close. McCarthy said we were. Was he wrong then?

Today yet another time when you take any little opportunity to lay into/insult people. Bodvarsson HASN'T EVEN SIGNED for Reading as yet !

Once again: update yourself with the facts and grow up.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 13:13]
Once again you are being silly. (n/t) on 12:47 - Jul 14 with 4794 viewsunbelievablue

Once again you are being silly. (n/t) on 12:43 - Jul 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Up until yesterday you hadn't even known we were in a relegation battle last season. You claimed that we weren't even close. McCarthy said we were. Was he wrong then?

Today yet another time when you take any little opportunity to lay into/insult people. Bodvarsson HASN'T EVEN SIGNED for Reading as yet !

I often forget why I div list people. Thanks for vindicating my decision in this case without me having to go to the effort.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Once again you are being silly. (n/t) on 12:48 - Jul 14 with 4790 viewsBenters

Nice one !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:54 - Jul 14 with 4771 viewshomer_123

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:22 - Jul 14 by jas0999

Agreed, but there is still a shortfall of 9 players since last season! Signing Huws was the real positive for me.

Was? Has he left already?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 13:54 - Jul 14 with 4728 viewspennyfathersleg

Totally agree! I actually think we are currently weaker than last season!

We've lost, probably, our strongest defender in Berra (controversial I know!) and haven't replaced him! We've lost our main goal scorer in Lawrence and have replaced him with what might do a good job and we still haven't replaced Murphy!!

Some more business better happen is all I can say!!
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 13:58 - Jul 14 with 4719 viewsHarryWright

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:35 - Jul 14 by unbelievablue

I relent, point taken. A facile comment nevertheless.

Just another way of expressing that currently the squad isn't where it needs to be, just an opinion, feel free to disagree. I just feel we are weaker currently and need more.
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 14:00 - Jul 14 with 4718 viewshoppy

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:25 - Jul 14 by Reuser_is_God

'Do people really count Spence as a signing?'

Only simpletons.

What else is he? He was out of contract and so therefore was able to go elsewhere. If we didn't offer him a contrat he would no longer be our player, we did, he signed it so he is. Therefore he is a signing. Who can't understand that?

Only simpletons.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 14:00 - Jul 14 with 4717 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:25 - Jul 14 by Reuser_is_God

'Do people really count Spence as a signing?'

Only simpletons.

Your disliking in Spence is an odd one mate.

Thought he did well for us.

Poll: Best Football Song

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 14:02 - Jul 14 with 4707 viewsKieran_Knows

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 14:00 - Jul 14 by hoppy

What else is he? He was out of contract and so therefore was able to go elsewhere. If we didn't offer him a contrat he would no longer be our player, we did, he signed it so he is. Therefore he is a signing. Who can't understand that?

Only simpletons.

Does that make Chambers a new signing as well?

I'll get my tin hat....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 14:04 - Jul 14 with 4691 viewsHarryWright

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:17 - Jul 14 by homer_123

'...current squad is no better than last year'.

I'd have to disagree with that - we are a smaller squad for sure but that can work in our favour and I can a more clear spine to the side at the moment with some real potential there as well.

As I say - I can still see 2 or 3 coming in to bolster - right back for example and another striker at least.

I agree that a smaller squad could work in our favour however looking at actual improvements to the squad I'm not sure yet.

Lawrence - replaced by Celina - Remains to be seen whether Celina can contribute anywhere near the amount of goals and assists Lawrence did.

Spence - was here last year

Huws - again here last year, which doesn't discredit it as a good signing but not an improvement on last years squad.

Adeyemi - potentially an improvement in a position we were weak in last season, although that's partly due to style of play

Garner - With Pitman going is this much of an improvement? Remains to be seen again

I just think with the loss of Lawrence, we are still missing a lot of attacking threat so whilst we have made some decent signings I'm not sure I see that much improvement as of yet. I hope I'm proved wrong though.
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 14:07 - Jul 14 with 4684 viewssuffolkpoker

The window has been open 2 weeks, lets judge the window when it slams shut.

I think in the 2 weeks, its looking the most promising for a long time.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Have you been on the glue mate? (n/t) on 14:12 - Jul 14 with 4671 viewsBloots

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 14:14 - Jul 14 with 4669 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 14:00 - Jul 14 by hoppy

Only simpletons.

I like your theory... could play in MM's favour...

If we let his contract run out every, say, 2 years and then get him to sign a new one... that's at least one new signing every two years!

In fact, we could repeat this many times, keep the same players every season and pretend we have lots of new players!!!
Once again you are being silly. (n/t) on 14:14 - Jul 14 with 4675 viewsBlueBadger

Once again you are being silly. (n/t) on 12:26 - Jul 14 by Bloots

Think of this as the club doing looking our for ALL the fan base. So far this summer, the green crayon crew have had NOTHING to cry about.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 14:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Have you been on the glue mate? (n/t) on 14:25 - Jul 14 with 4653 viewsHarryWright

Have you been on the glue mate? (n/t) on 14:12 - Jul 14 by Bloots

Why do you feel so inclined to defend the club at all opportunities? Just because the OP isn't jumping for joy about the transfer window so far doesn't mean he's 'doom and gloom'.

It seems you are slightly uncomfortable with others having an opinion, fair enough if you are happy with the current window so far, that doesn't mean some of the issues with the current squad can't be highlighted.
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 14:28 - Jul 14 with 4644 viewsitfcjoe

Only simpletons.

There's a big difference between Huws and Spence for me with regards to being new signings.

Whilst Huws was here, I think people hoped rather tahn expected that we'd sign him. Whereas Spence was a permanent addition last year that got a new contract effectively.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 14:30 - Jul 14 with 4640 viewshorsehollerer

And Garner has only scored 3 goals in two halves of football so far. It's all so depressing!

On a more serious note, IMO we had a lot of good pieces last year but we never really figured out how to use them effectively, and a horrible number of injuries didn't help. With a couple more shrewd signings (clearly another striker), the resurgence of players like Sears (7 goals in his last 9 games) and hopefully Bishop/Dozzell, a proper system in place, and a bit more luck with injuries, we could surprise a few people. That's where the positivity lies for me. Wishful thinking maybe, but it's July and we're still joint top of the league.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024