Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad 08:17 - Aug 10 with 8699 viewsitfcst

Still only 27 as well. A season long loan deal would be an upgrade on Skuse

www.ASSE-kids.fr
Poll: Which bin do cats go in?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 08:22 - Aug 10 with 6457 viewsHerbivore

No thanks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 08:31 - Aug 10 with 6388 viewspoppiesman

Yes Please.
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 08:43 - Aug 10 with 6337 viewsblueislander

He is probably not enough of a "proper bloke"
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 08:58 - Aug 10 with 6247 viewsfergalsharkey

No thanks

Poll: Cook out?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:01 - Aug 10 with 6223 viewsCurrie10

Apparently on £50k plus there.

For that, absolutely no way. Another example of the game gone mad. Clubs need to grow a pair, sure agents and players are going to demand X amount based on the Tv deals but clubs can also turn around and get some power back. Jesus christ it's a sorry state footy.
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:02 - Aug 10 with 6221 viewsHeathlander

That seems a strange decision. He is a good player. Didn't he get an England call up? Would certainly add to our squad but out of our price range I reckon.

Middlesbrough beckons.
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:06 - Aug 10 with 6181 viewsblueislander

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:01 - Aug 10 by Currie10

For that, absolutely no way. Another example of the game gone mad. Clubs need to grow a pair, sure agents and players are going to demand X amount based on the Tv deals but clubs can also turn around and get some power back. Jesus christ it's a sorry state footy.

Well said. However as TV companies are prepared to pay such ludicrous sums for the right to broadcast, the clubs will afford to pay . The gap between the "haves" and the "have nots" grows ever wider. And don't start me on parachute payments!
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:07 - Aug 10 with 6167 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:01 - Aug 10 by Currie10

But the clubs are getting that much from TV deals. I'd far rather that money goes into the pockets of the players people actually pay to watch, than the owners of clubs

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:09 - Aug 10 with 6147 viewshomer_123

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:02 - Aug 10 by Heathlander

That seems a strange decision. He is a good player. Didn't he get an England call up? Would certainly add to our squad but out of our price range I reckon.

Middlesbrough beckons.

It's Newcastle....it will all end in tears.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:12 - Aug 10 with 6123 viewsVic

good player, but not hes very similar to what we have. Would be an upgrade on what we have, but he would surely inhibit the development of the youngsters coming through, which wouldnt be the best thing in the long term.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:12 - Aug 10 with 6122 viewsblueislander

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:07 - Aug 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But the clubs are getting that much from TV deals. I'd far rather that money goes into the pockets of the players people actually pay to watch, than the owners of clubs

But far too much of it goes to the agents.
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:14 - Aug 10 with 6094 viewsReuser_is_God

No thanks.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:16 - Aug 10 with 6075 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 08:22 - Aug 10 by Herbivore

No thanks.

Yes please.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:17 - Aug 10 with 6075 viewsbluelou

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:12 - Aug 10 by blueislander

But far too much of it goes to the agents.

But that comes out of what the players are paid; it's their choice.
There is an argument that an agent will only really get you enough extra to pay their share but it's still easier than negotiating yourself.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:19 - Aug 10 with 6058 viewschicoazul

Why would anyone want to loan in a centre midfielder when we have our own young players Downes, Nydam, and Bishop to come back? To say nothing of the senior pros signed at great cost in the summer.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:25 - Aug 10 with 6015 viewsblueislander

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:17 - Aug 10 by bluelou

But that comes out of what the players are paid; it's their choice.
There is an argument that an agent will only really get you enough extra to pay their share but it's still easier than negotiating yourself.

That is not quite how it works. Agents continually tout their clients to clubs, and , also clubs will engage agents to look for players. Obviously the agents' cut is factored in, but basically it is in addition to what the players get. I can understand why players use agents to negotiate, as they do not feel confident to negotiate directly. However the role of agents needs to be looked at very closely , and boundaries set. Of course there have been famous examples of player's family members getting involved with somewhat disastrous results. Messi being the prime example.
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:26 - Aug 10 with 6010 viewsKieran_Knows

Definitely not.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:26 - Aug 10 with 6011 viewsPendejo

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:02 - Aug 10 by Heathlander

Middlesbrough beckons.

Then he will have the complete set of the top NE clubs; Sunderland, Newcastle and Middlesbrough... his path is heading toward Hartlepoole or Darlington if he's not careful

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:27 - Aug 10 with 6004 viewshomer_123

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:19 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

Why would anyone want to loan in a centre midfielder when we have our own young players Downes, Nydam, and Bishop to come back? To say nothing of the senior pros signed at great cost in the summer.

It would allow us to spend ooodddllleeeessss in fees and wages thought, progress innit

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:31 - Aug 10 with 5978 viewsBlueNomad

If he hadn't played for us a few years ago this wouldn't even be a thread.
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:34 - Aug 10 with 5952 viewsstantheman

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:31 - Aug 10 by BlueNomad

Jack who?
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:34 - Aug 10 with 5944 viewsblueislander

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:31 - Aug 10 by BlueNomad

At least it someone we know and have seen play, rather than these random players that people want us to sign because they have been spotted on a computer game.
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:35 - Aug 10 with 5948 viewstcblue

Adding on top of what everyone else has said, he's not an upgrade to Skuse IMO.

I know it's the current trend to hate on him but he is amongst the best DMs in the league. If we're not doing well in terms of attacking flair, blaming him for it is as logical as blaming Bart for a poor corner
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:39 - Aug 10 with 5924 viewsblueislander

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:35 - Aug 10 by tcblue

Adding on top of what everyone else has said, he's not an upgrade to Skuse IMO.

I know it's the current trend to hate on him but he is amongst the best DMs in the league. If we're not doing well in terms of attacking flair, blaming him for it is as logical as blaming Bart for a poor corner

Lots of us would beg to differ with you on that, but I guess that the merits or otherwise of Skuse have been done to death on here.
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:41 - Aug 10 with 5908 viewstcblue

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:39 - Aug 10 by blueislander

Lots of us would beg to differ with you on that, but I guess that the merits or otherwise of Skuse have been done to death on here.

Agree to disagree, much like Leadbitter a couple of seasons back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024