Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... 14:58 - Feb 26 with 10670 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:00 - Feb 26 with 6118 viewsTractorWood

Yeah. Saw it yesterday and thought the same.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:00 - Feb 26 with 6117 viewsKieran_Knows

Good piece, but it's not anything new though is it? We kind of already know this.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:03 - Feb 26 with 6085 viewsmonty_radio

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:00 - Feb 26 by Kieran_Knows

Good piece, but it's not anything new though is it? We kind of already know this.

Yeah, we do. But for a local journo, needing to keep the pot boiling without too many ingredients to put into it, he's doing a fair job.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:03 - Feb 26 with 6073 viewsReuser_is_God

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:00 - Feb 26 by Kieran_Knows

We already know a lot of what he writes, just thought it was well written.

The essence of it was, in my opinion, that the on field stuff between now & May doesn’t matter. It what’s Evans does that will be important.

Which is correct.

Evans out

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:06 - Feb 26 with 6047 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Some of the comments on there 👀

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:17 - Feb 26 with 5974 viewsJ2BLUE

MM will go on claiming it's a minority of fans and ME will go on ignoring the fans.

Nothing will change. The only thing we don't know is when they will announce MM is staying.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:18 - Feb 26 with 5962 viewsBenters2

WHY SHOULD HE ETC ...
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:18 - Feb 26 with 5973 viewsSteve_M

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:06 - Feb 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Some of the comments on there 👀

Bloody hell. Nerdy is obviously still trolling but the rest of them....

If anything, Watson softsoaps it. There are two basic questions:

Why does ME want to own this club now? And if he doesn't what is his exit strategy? If he does, then how does he intend that we compete above our budget in this division?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:20 - Feb 26 with 5942 viewsSpruceMoose

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:03 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

We already know a lot of what he writes, just thought it was well written.

The essence of it was, in my opinion, that the on field stuff between now & May doesn’t matter. It what’s Evans does that will be important.

Which is correct.

Yeah, he gets all his ideas off here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:24 - Feb 26 with 5927 viewsITFC_Forever

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:17 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

MM will go on claiming it's a minority of fans and ME will go on ignoring the fans.

Nothing will change. The only thing we don't know is when they will announce MM is staying.

The poll on here and that Watson ran on Friday were more clear-cut for Mick Out than I thought... and I've long advocated a change.

For two separate polls on the subject to muster around 5000 votes between them (ok, some people may well have voted in both), and come to a Mick Out vote of around 75%, is a pretty conclusive result from a decent-sized sample.

But, as I've said for a while, it's looking more and more likely that MMc will stay... if his recent comments are anything to go by, he wants to stay and has well and truly put the ball in ME's court.
ME's decision now is which is least risky - a) Keep Mick and see what happens to ST sales or b) Replace Mick and see what happens on the pitch - will we improve, stay the same or do worse?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:25 - Feb 26 with 5910 viewsFreddy

Good piece, about time Evans was targeted, he's the real problem here
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:29 - Feb 26 with 5886 viewsLankHenners

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:24 - Feb 26 by ITFC_Forever

The poll on here and that Watson ran on Friday were more clear-cut for Mick Out than I thought... and I've long advocated a change.

For two separate polls on the subject to muster around 5000 votes between them (ok, some people may well have voted in both), and come to a Mick Out vote of around 75%, is a pretty conclusive result from a decent-sized sample.

But, as I've said for a while, it's looking more and more likely that MMc will stay... if his recent comments are anything to go by, he wants to stay and has well and truly put the ball in ME's court.
ME's decision now is which is least risky - a) Keep Mick and see what happens to ST sales or b) Replace Mick and see what happens on the pitch - will we improve, stay the same or do worse?

I think a lot of people recognise the need for something to change, and the manager is the easiest option there. The 'minority' are the sort of uber-melts who chant 'your football is sh1t' at Norwich or use up all their energy analysing Mick's words and actions like a Shakespeare MA student to twist them into a negative to then justify playing the victim and abusing the manager.

I'd wager that a large chunk of the 75% (of which I include myself) are more of the 'think it's best for all if Mick left but if he did end up staying I'd rally round and get behind the team' type than the above nutters.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:30 - Feb 26 with 5871 viewsLord_Lucan

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:25 - Feb 26 by Freddy

Good piece, about time Evans was targeted, he's the real problem here

Well he is at least 50% of the problem. It wouldn't be so bad if he employed a straight talking CEO who wasn't quite as controlled by ME himself.

I do miss Simon Milton and I wonder if he was ground down by what he could and couldn't say or do**

** I don't know the answer to this.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:33 - Feb 26 with 5847 viewsITFC_Forever

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:30 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

Well he is at least 50% of the problem. It wouldn't be so bad if he employed a straight talking CEO who wasn't quite as controlled by ME himself.

I do miss Simon Milton and I wonder if he was ground down by what he could and couldn't say or do**

** I don't know the answer to this.

I think we can all guess though.

Although other than raising money for the Academy and being an ex-player who the vast majority of people liked, I'm sure not what difference he made to the running of the club itself?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:36 - Feb 26 with 5808 viewsReuser_is_God

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:33 - Feb 26 by ITFC_Forever

Although other than raising money for the Academy and being an ex-player who the vast majority of people liked, I'm sure not what difference he made to the running of the club itself?

I’d love to have seen Milts’ Aqua 8 & K Bar expenses from when he was working at ITFC.

Don’t think he had much to do at all with the running of the club, purely just recruiting, & keeping on board, academy sponsorship.

Evans out

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:38 - Feb 26 with 5787 viewsSteve_M

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:29 - Feb 26 by LankHenners

I think a lot of people recognise the need for something to change, and the manager is the easiest option there. The 'minority' are the sort of uber-melts who chant 'your football is sh1t' at Norwich or use up all their energy analysing Mick's words and actions like a Shakespeare MA student to twist them into a negative to then justify playing the victim and abusing the manager.

I'd wager that a large chunk of the 75% (of which I include myself) are more of the 'think it's best for all if Mick left but if he did end up staying I'd rally round and get behind the team' type than the above nutters.

Yes, pretty much that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:38 - Feb 26 with 5788 viewsLord_Lucan

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:33 - Feb 26 by ITFC_Forever

Nor do I if truth be told - but I always thought he would make a good CEO.

He probably was never in the running but that's another matter - I didn't intend to sway the conversation off point.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 16:10 - Feb 26 with 5617 viewsBlueBadger

Balls.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 16:24 - Feb 26 with 5545 viewsBenters2

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 16:10 - Feb 26 by BlueBadger

Balls.

Well said that man.
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 16:29 - Feb 26 with 5519 viewsDarth_Koont

Definitely one of his better, more balanced pieces.

But still don't trust the EADT. The content looks to be gleaned from everywhere except the inside line journalists should have and lacks any real perception that should come from covering Ipswich full-time.

With that sort of reactive approach to the content I expect it would have been a very different overall tone if we'd drawn or lost.

Call me an old cynic ...

Pronouns: He/Him

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 16:31 - Feb 26 with 5497 viewsDarth_Koont

Good post.

Pronouns: He/Him

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 16:33 - Feb 26 with 5484 viewshype313

I'm with you on that.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 16:35 - Feb 26 with 5484 viewsPJH

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 16:29 - Feb 26 by Darth_Koont

Definitely one of his better, more balanced pieces.

But still don't trust the EADT. The content looks to be gleaned from everywhere except the inside line journalists should have and lacks any real perception that should come from covering Ipswich full-time.

With that sort of reactive approach to the content I expect it would have been a very different overall tone if we'd drawn or lost.

Call me an old cynic ...

Certainly a lot of what the EADT prints is secondhand at best.
From time to time there will be quotes from Luke Chambers but they are usually just lifted from his ITFC programme notes from a week or two previously.

I think that there is a bit of disappointment in various places that we got a good away win on Saturday.

I don't think you need to be cynical to see that.
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:01 - Feb 26 with 5369 viewschicoazul

I don't get all this "deserve" stuff. It would be more honest if he said "really want".

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:03 - Feb 26 with 5367 viewschicoazul

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:18 - Feb 26 by Steve_M

Bloody hell. Nerdy is obviously still trolling but the rest of them....

If anything, Watson softsoaps it. There are two basic questions:

Why does ME want to own this club now? And if he doesn't what is his exit strategy? If he does, then how does he intend that we compete above our budget in this division?

"Very smug and ill-informed article. What possible basis can there possibly be for not saying the club is not rotten from top to bottom? The owners are unknown according to the football league. The rumoured owner is a spiv reviled by FIFA and the Olympics. The chief exec is a nonentity. The manager is a foulmouthed dinosaur. The club exists to take money offshore - it is an asset to be stripped. And stripped it has been. Ruthlessly. The ground is an unsavoury advertising hoarding for reviled Touts. The shirt is an advertising hoarding for a gambling site nobody has heard of. There is nothing, absolutely nothing about ITFC that any supporter who watched the club with a modicum of pride in the last century can take any interest in at present. The club truly is rotten from top to bottom now. And rotten to the core."
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 17:03]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024