Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steven Gerrard as Manager? 01:56 - Apr 15 with 8999 viewsMelmac

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6054491/steven-gerrard-wanted-by-ipswich

Thoughts?
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 03:20 - Apr 15 with 7790 viewspointofblue

No worse or better than Lampard - we'd be "Steven Gerrard's Ipswich Town" rather than just Ipswich, though, very much like the days of Roy Keane.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 07:50 - Apr 15 with 7573 viewsfloridaboy

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 03:20 - Apr 15 by pointofblue

No worse or better than Lampard - we'd be "Steven Gerrard's Ipswich Town" rather than just Ipswich, though, very much like the days of Roy Keane.

No management experience!

No thanks!
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 08:07 - Apr 15 with 7512 viewsbrogansnose

Can't see it. Evans isn't going to go down the celeb manager road again and is Gerrard going to want to come in with no money to spend. I think that there are signs that Evans will want ot get someone in who doesn't have a high wage bill , has experience with youth and develop our own coaches to take over the reins ala Nash.

Plus, No Scouse managers rule applies.
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 08:13 - Apr 15 with 7477 viewsEdmundo

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 03:20 - Apr 15 by pointofblue

I could see Lampard (relatively local Essex lad) with a mentor but Gerrard? Less likely. We need a different path: Paul Hurst or Cook unless Steijn can be persuaded to begin a big "English project".

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 08:38 - Apr 15 with 7356 viewsRegencyBlue

Only if Evans has failed to learn anything from the Roy Keane fiasco!
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 08:50 - Apr 15 with 7299 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

I gather he is doing very well with the Liverpool U18’s, I wouldnt be as concerned at his appointment as I would some of the other linked candidates.

Not sure I share the view that it would be Keane Mark II, i I think Gerard has more respect and a more balanced personality than Keane so less of a risk in that sense though I accept the similarity in terms of relative inexperience at management level.
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 09:04 - Apr 15 with 7207 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 08:50 - Apr 15 by blueblueburleymcgrew

I gather he is doing very well with the Liverpool U18’s, I wouldnt be as concerned at his appointment as I would some of the other linked candidates.

Not sure I share the view that it would be Keane Mark II, i I think Gerard has more respect and a more balanced personality than Keane so less of a risk in that sense though I accept the similarity in terms of relative inexperience at management level.

I agree, I really don’t understand the Keane comparison.

Seem to be based on the fact that both played in midfield, that’s about it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 09:12 - Apr 15 with 7160 viewsColchesterBlue1985

My only concern is he doesn’t know of an existence outside of Liverpool. I think he would have better options that were closer to home and didn’t mean relocating across to the other side of the country.
Login to get fewer ads

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 09:22 - Apr 15 with 7110 viewsgreyhound

Sun quotes Marcus Evans sounding out third party sources around Gerrards interest. Some lazy sun journo is probably counting twtd.co.uk as a 3rd party source where there was a thread yesterday where several people were surprised he wasn't linked yet but lamps was.
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 09:32 - Apr 15 with 7041 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 09:12 - Apr 15 by ColchesterBlue1985

My only concern is he doesn’t know of an existence outside of Liverpool. I think he would have better options that were closer to home and didn’t mean relocating across to the other side of the country.

Apart from when he relocated to LA of course!

If he has real ambitions to manage he will have factored in the fact that it may take him away from his beloved North West.
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 10:03 - Apr 15 with 6873 viewsstrikalite

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 09:32 - Apr 15 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Apart from when he relocated to LA of course!

If he has real ambitions to manage he will have factored in the fact that it may take him away from his beloved North West.

First thing he'd do is sort our awful pitch out which used to be a superb playing surface, then he'd put players in place who are comfortable on the ball, the contacts he'd have for quality loans would be pretty vast I'd have thought..

It wouldn't be dull that's for sure, respect from the players would be very high too..
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 10:04 - Apr 15 with 6856 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 10:03 - Apr 15 by strikalite

First thing he'd do is sort our awful pitch out which used to be a superb playing surface, then he'd put players in place who are comfortable on the ball, the contacts he'd have for quality loans would be pretty vast I'd have thought..

It wouldn't be dull that's for sure, respect from the players would be very high too..

Yep agreed.
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 10:16 - Apr 15 with 6789 viewsDanTheMan

We've done the "very famous" player before.

Please no.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 10:21 - Apr 15 with 6770 viewsJ2BLUE

It's not going to happen. If we were going to go down that route it would be Harry's nephew.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 10:55 - Apr 15 with 6703 viewsBlueBadger

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 10:03 - Apr 15 by strikalite

Stevie G is studying for his groundsman qualifications as well as his coaching badges? That's some commitment.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 10:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 10:59 - Apr 15 with 6677 viewsBluegene

Can see him moving up the coaching ranks towards the first team at Liverpool before he takes on a managers job somewhere
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 11:06 - Apr 15 with 6644 viewschicoazul

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 08:13 - Apr 15 by Edmundo

I could see Lampard (relatively local Essex lad) with a mentor but Gerrard? Less likely. We need a different path: Paul Hurst or Cook unless Steijn can be persuaded to begin a big "English project".

Lampard lives in Surrey.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 11:07 - Apr 15 with 6636 viewsstrikalite

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 10:55 - Apr 15 by BlueBadger

Stevie G is studying for his groundsman qualifications as well as his coaching badges? That's some commitment.

No, but if he's any sense he'll put an end to all these kickabouts on it, it used to be the sacred surface and didn't we know it..
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 11:20 - Apr 15 with 6593 viewsfactual_blue

I would imagine Gerrard combines your two favoured characteristics in footballing people - fame and a propensity for hitting people. A sort of Roy Bowyer figure.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 11:38 - Apr 15 with 6560 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 08:50 - Apr 15 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Keane had far more experience than Gerrard when he was appointed Ipswich boss - he had already managed Sunderland and promoted them to the Premier League. By comparison Gerrard has been coaching one of the Liverpool youth sides for less than a year

I think the comparison is more in the sense that they were both very famous names and that it would generate a lot of media interest, as Keane’s appointment did

My thoughts on Gerrard are very similar to Lampard - would be a ridiculous choice IMO given his inexperience. That’s not to say Gerrard can’t or won’t be a very good manager, but in reality there is nothing to suggest he is suitable for the role - the only reason anyone mentions him is because he was a famous player

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 12:27 - Apr 15 with 6488 viewsBluesquid

New matchday runout music - Another Day In Paradise.
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 12:33 - Apr 15 with 6468 viewsBloomBlue

But that would save us some he could be groundsman and manager
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 16:18 - Apr 15 with 6191 viewsVic

I’d love this to happen. It’s the Ipswich way.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 16:47 - Apr 15 with 6130 viewsJ2BLUE

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 16:18 - Apr 15 by Vic

I’d love this to happen. It’s the Ipswich way.

What, taking ridiculous and unnecessary gambles?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 16:54 - Apr 15 with 6119 viewsVic

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 16:47 - Apr 15 by J2BLUE

What, taking ridiculous and unnecessary gambles?

Sir Alf Ramsey, former England captain, with no management experience. Sir Bobby Robson, ex England international, very limited and pretty unspectacular management experience.

I reckon Gerrard would have learnt a fair bit from playing under some of the best managers, and captaining club and country for such a long time. We’re no big team now and plenty have done it before.

Biggest problem would be lack of budget to buy players. But if he’s a coach then he could do a lot worse than start his career here.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024