Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portman Road WIFI 13:31 - May 8 with 6716 viewsMonkey

Not too football related admittedly but now Mick has moved on i have ended my self imposed exile and returning to Portman Road with a season ticket next season and wondered if anyone knew anything about any potential WIFI? Ive heard rumours but i expect they are just those but does anyone know if they are working on anything?

And no, i dont intend to go to a football game and sit on my phone the whole match, i find it useful to keep up to date with substitutions i've missed and checking up on the live feed of the game in case i wanted to know "who's their number 9?" or similar things.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

Portman Road WIFI on 13:34 - May 8 with 6683 viewsBecclesITFC

I agree. Think it would be really good. I'm waiting for the day wifi will just be everywhere. Don't think that's far away.
Portman Road WIFI on 13:34 - May 8 with 6680 viewsMagic31

I imagine WIFI is up there alongside cleaning the North Stand roof on ME's list of things to do
Portman Road WIFI on 13:35 - May 8 with 6661 viewsArcher4721

Blimey!

You don't have 4G on your phone then? or you could always buy a programme?
Portman Road WIFI on 13:36 - May 8 with 6651 viewsMJallday

Portman Road WIFI on 13:34 - May 8 by BecclesITFC

I agree. Think it would be really good. I'm waiting for the day wifi will just be everywhere. Don't think that's far away.

watch this space. this nutjob who litters space with cars, this might just happen.

https://www.cnet.com/news/how-spacex-brings-starlink-broadband-satellite-interne

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Portman Road WIFI on 13:37 - May 8 with 6638 viewsMonkey

Portman Road WIFI on 13:35 - May 8 by Archer4721

Blimey!

4G signal is terrible when in the lower north stand (as i was reminded the last two home games).

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

Portman Road WIFI on 13:40 - May 8 with 6609 viewsSuperfrans

Blimey!

I have 4G, but I also have Vodafone, which means I don't have any reception at all in and around the SBR stand.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Portman Road WIFI on 13:41 - May 8 with 6602 viewsIpswichKnight

Blimey!

I have never been able to use the 4G networks when at the ground.
Portman Road WIFI on 13:49 - May 8 with 6554 viewsStenvict

The WiFi is sh1t and the 4G is sh1t. I literally can't get anything when I'm in Upper Cobbold.

You might need one of Rommers' wired WiFi's

Poll: What will be announced first?

Login to get fewer ads

Portman Road WIFI on 14:08 - May 8 with 6515 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Portman Road WIFI on 13:34 - May 8 by Magic31

I imagine WIFI is up there alongside cleaning the North Stand roof on ME's list of things to do

I heard of a group of vigilantes on twitter that are planning on breaking in to PR and mucking up the roof.

Just shows a sign of the times. Sad its come to this really.

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Portman Road WIFI on 16:07 - May 8 with 6396 viewslongtimefan

Portman Road WIFI on 13:40 - May 8 by Superfrans

I have 4G, but I also have Vodafone, which means I don't have any reception at all in and around the SBR stand.

I'm in a similar boat in the SAR Lower with Vodafone. Get a 4G signal but can't access the internet most of the time. The only way I can get it to work is to start a phone call (I usually phone my work number as no one will answer it) and cancel it. As soon as I cancel the call I will get a few minutes of internet access! My son in the next seat gets reliable connections all the time but he's not on Vodafone.
Portman Road WIFI on 16:10 - May 8 with 6387 viewsLesta_Tractor

Blimey!

Or do something crazy...

put your phone away, watch the football, talk to people!

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Portman Road WIFI on 16:16 - May 8 with 6361 viewsBluebell

"i find it useful to keep up to date with substitutions i've missed and checking up on the live feed of the game in case i wanted to know "who's their number 9?" or similar things."

Really? The substitutions come up on the big screen between the Cobbold and Sir Alf stands. Their number 9 will have his name on the back of his shirt.

I go to the game to watch it. All 90 minutes of it!
Portman Road WIFI on 16:16 - May 8 with 6358 viewsKieran_Knows

Portman Road WIFI on 13:40 - May 8 by Superfrans

I must admit, up until this season, reception in SBR lower with Vodafone was very poor. However this season, it hasn't been a problem at all. Check my phone every now and then, and it even works in the concourse at half time, so not sure why it's working all of a sudden.*

*it also helped to change from 4G to 3G, which made it work perfectly, however since the recent update on the iphone, you can't change between them now, but that hasn't seemed to affected it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Portman Road WIFI on 17:25 - May 8 with 6263 viewsgainsboroughblue

I often wonder how anyone survived up until the 2000's.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Portman Road WIFI on 17:27 - May 8 with 6252 viewsFreddies_Ears

Portman Road WIFI on 13:41 - May 8 by IpswichKnight

I have never been able to use the 4G networks when at the ground.

EE 4G works really well for me in NSU. Sometimes a wee bit slow at half time, but fine otherwise.
Portman Road WIFI on 17:43 - May 8 with 6219 viewsmonty_radio

Portman Road WIFI on 13:34 - May 8 by Magic31

Would M.E. really send the Wifi up to clean the roof in these enlightened days?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Portman Road WIFI on 17:53 - May 8 with 6203 viewsemergencylime

Probs cheaper to stick a big tele somewhere, like those new-fangled grounds have

Edit: i know this doesn't quite answer your question, nor solve the lack of 4G issue, but it might display some of the information you seek.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 17:55]

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Portman Road WIFI on 22:06 - May 8 with 6037 viewsMelford

Portman Road WIFI on 17:53 - May 8 by emergencylime

Probs cheaper to stick a big tele somewhere, like those new-fangled grounds have

Edit: i know this doesn't quite answer your question, nor solve the lack of 4G issue, but it might display some of the information you seek.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 17:55]

Not even new fangled. Forest have a couple of big screens, I was impressed . They have a quiz on there before the match and the kids who are mascots and the people who have birthday dedications get their mugs on the big screen. It makes it a lot easier to follow the game when the game is up the other end of the pitch, if there was a big screen put in between the Cobbold and SAR where the little scoreboard is now I would be very happy.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Portman Road WIFI on 08:00 - May 9 with 5870 viewstractorshark

If we’re going to ask for Wifi, why not have a charger under every seat?
And a half and half scarf for every home game.
Also, a selection of quiche.
Modern football is sh1te.
Portman Road WIFI on 08:06 - May 9 with 5859 viewstextbackup

fcking wifi in the ground.

phones should be banned from football grounds

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Portman Road WIFI on 08:12 - May 9 with 5851 viewsbefxblue

We haven't even got card readers in many of the bars yet, and that's technology that would improve revenue. Chances of WIFI that PR has to pay to supply....😬
Portman Road WIFI on 08:14 - May 9 with 5847 viewstrncbluearmy

Portman Road WIFI on 08:06 - May 9 by textbackup

fcking wifi in the ground.

phones should be banned from football grounds

And resturants and public transport,fecking things are a curse
Portman Road WIFI on 08:16 - May 9 with 5843 viewsCotty

Maybe it would be good for you all to put your phones down for a couple of hours every other Saturday and talk to the person sat next to you!

Seriously though, the cost of the infrastructure and ongoing costs for ~20,000 Wifi connections for 2 hours twice a month doesn't even bare thinking about. Dreamland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024