Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? 09:32 - May 17 with 10874 viewsPhilTWTD

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 14:05 - May 17 with 3145 viewschicoazul

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:16 - May 17 by Herbivore

The forum has been an interesting study in how easily influenced people are. When Burley called for Mogga to be given the job and there were reports he was up there on ME's list there was a huge clamour for him. When Burley said he'd applied then against all logic and reason there were lots on here desperate for him to get the job. Now Ross has emerged as the leading contender and is getting lots of press suddenly he is now the must have manager. I wonder how many have wanted Ross from the start and have remained consistent in that view.

I initially wanted Darrell Clarke who sort of looks a bit like Ross so I was basically Ross from the start.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 14:25 - May 17 with 3119 viewsHerbivore

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 14:05 - May 17 by chicoazul

I initially wanted Darrell Clarke who sort of looks a bit like Ross so I was basically Ross from the start.

We definitely need someone a bit more dashing this time around.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 14:44 - May 17 with 3100 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:16 - May 17 by Herbivore

The forum has been an interesting study in how easily influenced people are. When Burley called for Mogga to be given the job and there were reports he was up there on ME's list there was a huge clamour for him. When Burley said he'd applied then against all logic and reason there were lots on here desperate for him to get the job. Now Ross has emerged as the leading contender and is getting lots of press suddenly he is now the must have manager. I wonder how many have wanted Ross from the start and have remained consistent in that view.

I think to be fair its more about who was linked at the time. From those linked, Mogga looked the more promising over the likes of Parker, Gerrard, Those brothers, can't remember their name.

Ross though is one that TICKS all boxes, even more than Mogga and I really hope Evans gets him in

I'll be honest I didn't have a clue about Ross, but doing research since his name came up. Its great viewing/reading etc

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 14:59 - May 17 with 3091 viewsgordon

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 14:44 - May 17 by FrimleyBlue

I think to be fair its more about who was linked at the time. From those linked, Mogga looked the more promising over the likes of Parker, Gerrard, Those brothers, can't remember their name.

Ross though is one that TICKS all boxes, even more than Mogga and I really hope Evans gets him in

I'll be honest I didn't have a clue about Ross, but doing research since his name came up. Its great viewing/reading etc

I think that's right, most people have looked at the range of people who we've been linked with and chosen their favourite based on the information available. To me, Paul Hurst doesn't sound particularly sharp, suspect he's a great lower league manager who might struggle with a bigger club:
[Post edited 17 May 2018 15:00]
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 15:00 - May 17 with 3088 viewsBlue_Order

No Ross, no party.
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 15:01 - May 17 with 3085 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 14:59 - May 17 by gordon

I think that's right, most people have looked at the range of people who we've been linked with and chosen their favourite based on the information available. To me, Paul Hurst doesn't sound particularly sharp, suspect he's a great lower league manager who might struggle with a bigger club:

Must admit I don't get the same Buzz about Hurst

Waka waka eh eh

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 15:02 - May 17 with 3084 viewsgordon

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 15:01 - May 17 by FrimleyBlue

Must admit I don't get the same Buzz about Hurst

Doesn't even sound like Hurst gets a buzz from Hurst.
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 15:10 - May 17 with 3068 viewsitfcjoe

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 14:59 - May 17 by gordon

Hurst clearly an excellent man manager because he has players running through brick walls for him - the work ethic of his Shrewsbury side is unbelievable.

I think he is a lot lower risk than Ross, but he doesn't fill me with excitment

I hope Ross gets appointed ASAP, because the 2 weeks between now and Hurst being available could be put to very good use

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

lolerama on 15:16 - May 17 with 3059 viewsDyland

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:19 - May 17 by textbackup

i'd never heard of him up to two weeks ago, maybe one post on here about him previous to that. now though, if its not him my "I LOVE JR" tattoo is gonna look silly

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 15:26 - May 17 with 3053 viewsPhilTWTD

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 13:45 - May 17 by Kropotkin123

"could change"!? I would hope seeking other contenders would be guaranteed if they both turn it down!

They'd just get Mick to come back.

*Goes out for the remainder of the afternoon*
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 15:28 - May 17 with 3036 viewsSpruceMoose

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 15:26 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

They'd just get Mick to come back.

*Goes out for the remainder of the afternoon*

Straight out of the Benters playbook!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 15:36 - May 17 with 3026 viewsHerbivore

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 14:44 - May 17 by FrimleyBlue

Ross was linked right at the start so I'm not sure that really explains it. People don't like the idea that they are easily influenced but it's true that they are.

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 16:01 - May 17 with 3002 viewslowhouseblue

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 15:36 - May 17 by Herbivore

Ross was linked right at the start so I'm not sure that really explains it. People don't like the idea that they are easily influenced but it's true that they are.

i'm not easily influenced. although i'll admit that for a bit i was enthusiastically in support of us appointing someone called mirren from ross county.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 16:03 - May 17 with 3006 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wouldnt say its influenced by media as such. More fans coming together and discussing him

He may have been linked but because I didnt know him i didnt really think much of his name at the time. But since videos etc been put on here ive seen alot that I like.

Waka waka eh eh

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 16:09 - May 17 with 2994 viewsgordon

But isn't it generally a good thing to take on board and be influenced by new information, new facts etc.

I wouldn't expect many people on an Ipswich forum to know much about a Scottish journeyman right-back who never played at a particularly high level doing loads of great work with the PFA, but it's surely right, now that people know, that people are supportive and enthusiastic about a character who seems generally to be a good egg?
e.g.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/pfa-scotland-communications-chief-j
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 16:19 - May 17 with 2977 viewsHerbivore

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 16:09 - May 17 by gordon

But isn't it generally a good thing to take on board and be influenced by new information, new facts etc.

I wouldn't expect many people on an Ipswich forum to know much about a Scottish journeyman right-back who never played at a particularly high level doing loads of great work with the PFA, but it's surely right, now that people know, that people are supportive and enthusiastic about a character who seems generally to be a good egg?
e.g.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/pfa-scotland-communications-chief-j

I think it's more that you're all a bit fickle, or to be a bit more nuanced about it you're all heavily emotionally invested and desperate to get behind someone so anybody who is linked that isn't a Sherwood or a Pardew is getting heavily backed when linked to the job. Ross is just the latest example.

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 17:32 - May 17 with 2937 viewsVic

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 12:17 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

As per news stories, as things stand only two contenders, I believe. Obviously if they both turn it down that could change.

Ha, ha - “if both turn it down that could change!”

Really Phil, are you sure!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 22:31 - May 17 with 2874 viewspointofblue

Not an overly popular view on the board but I'd still be happier to see Paul Hurst appointed over Jack Ross. Not that I wouldn't be excited and intrigued should we appoint Ross but Hurst feels like a slightly safer pair of hands who will be able to amalgamate what we have with signings he knows from the lower leagues. He has worked his way through each division up the Football League, impressing as he's gone; in comparison Ross only has experience in the Scottish Championship and hasn't had to implement Plan B's to date, his Plan A has done the job.

As long as it's either Hurst or Ross I'll be happy. If we get neither then I hope we follow a similar path and ask someone like Gary White... just as long as we don't panic and retreat to the tried and tested medicorities on the merry-go-round.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 22:56 - May 17 with 2842 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If it was Jack Van Ross it would be 100%.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 23:23 - May 17 with 2823 viewsDarth_Koont

Ross obviously.

He's Scottish so he knows his arse from his elbow.

Pronouns: He/Him

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 02:21 - May 18 with 2771 viewsharlingblue

Having watched the videos of Jack Ross, I have become very impressed with him. He has motivated his teams to be winners, whilst still being modest enough to applaud what they and the supporters have done.
That attitude would be a good start here, plus the fact that he encourages youth.
He would like, in time, to be the Scotland Team Manager means he has an ultimate goal and belief in his own ability, ITFC could be a fine stepping stone to that, our history shows that our club provided England with their two most successful Managers.
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 06:38 - May 18 with 2731 viewsKeaneish

It always makes me a bit uneasy when Scots travel south as few have faired we’ll, especially in recent years. There’s a real dirth of Scottish mangers in England at the moment so it’ll be interesting to see how he does. I’d have thought Derek Adams might be a more sensible approach as he’s had 3 years in League 1 and 2 guiding Plymouth to a play-off final, Championship and narrow miss out on the play-offs.

The last time we had a Scots man in charge things worked out alright so I’m looking forward to this, should it happen.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 06:53 - May 18 with 2719 viewsChiefXL

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 16:19 - May 17 by Herbivore

I think it's more that you're all a bit fickle, or to be a bit more nuanced about it you're all heavily emotionally invested and desperate to get behind someone so anybody who is linked that isn't a Sherwood or a Pardew is getting heavily backed when linked to the job. Ross is just the latest example.

What was that about not judging?
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 07:17 - May 18 with 2688 viewstractordownsouth

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:19 - May 17 by textbackup

i'd never heard of him up to two weeks ago, maybe one post on here about him previous to that. now though, if its not him my "I LOVE JR" tattoo is gonna look silly

You've got a tattoo of Ipswich legend Jai Reason?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 07:41 - May 18 with 2678 viewsgordon

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 16:19 - May 17 by Herbivore

Are you fickle too, or is it just everyone else apart from you?

I don't really follow what you think people ought to be saying or doing in this situation - it's been stated a few times that it's a choice between Ross and Hurst now, which seems reasonable, and looking at all information, and the fact that he's probably available sooner, most people are plumbing for Ross. It's difficult to see what's fickle about that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024