Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utterly predictable and pathetic 13:17 - May 23 with 3833 viewsitfcjoe

People can start re-writing history and claim we weren't interested but all info from club is our number 1 target has gone because we were so indecisive.

We've had a vacancy since f*cking Easter! I'm fuming.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:18 - May 23 with 2489 viewsKieran_Knows

It was the stupid timescale that does my f*cking head in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:19 - May 23 with 2488 viewsJ2BLUE

Has he gone? Is it worth clinging to the St Mirren chairman's words? Surely Ross wouldn't talk to them without permission if everything we've heard about him is true?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:21 - May 23 with 2444 viewsITFC_Forever

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:19 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Has he gone? Is it worth clinging to the St Mirren chairman's words? Surely Ross wouldn't talk to them without permission if everything we've heard about him is true?

Football is lawless.

Sunderland will agree a deal with St Mirren, or it will end in a horrible mess, from which no parties emerge with any credit.

But it’s hard to see Ross coming here now.

Surely we must have an indication from Shrewsbury & Hurst that we can do a deal after the POs....?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:21 - May 23 with 2437 viewsDanFord

Why are people acting like Evans is an idiot. If he's spoken twice, knows the fans will buy into it and he hasn't offered him the job then he's obviously not completely sold on Ross. There is no way he is going to hold out for Hurst without knowing that he's going to be interested regardless of whether Shrewsbury go up and that he's going to be impressed when he meets him. Evans can't know either of those things. So no chance he'd have held off Ross for so long if he really was that impressed by him. He's identified him personally and approached him and spoken with him twice. He wasn't an applicant. I'm happy to go with Evans on this. If he really wanted Ross he'd have made it happen.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:22 - May 23 with 2411 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yep, utter shambles

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:22 - May 23 with 2410 viewsSomethingBlue

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:19 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Sunderland are a big draw with huge potential so it's easy to see why he might like to get it done. I'm sure if it was all done in a certain way, possibly via an agent, it would be easy enough to do without making him look too awful.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:23 - May 23 with 2387 viewsBetablocker

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:21 - May 23 by DanFord

Why are people acting like Evans is an idiot. If he's spoken twice, knows the fans will buy into it and he hasn't offered him the job then he's obviously not completely sold on Ross. There is no way he is going to hold out for Hurst without knowing that he's going to be interested regardless of whether Shrewsbury go up and that he's going to be impressed when he meets him. Evans can't know either of those things. So no chance he'd have held off Ross for so long if he really was that impressed by him. He's identified him personally and approached him and spoken with him twice. He wasn't an applicant. I'm happy to go with Evans on this. If he really wanted Ross he'd have made it happen.

Because when it comes to football he's got a track record of failure - that's why
Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:24 - May 23 with 2381 viewsportmanking

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:22 - May 23 by SomethingBlue

Sunderland are a big draw with huge potential so it's easy to see why he might like to get it done. I'm sure if it was all done in a certain way, possibly via an agent, it would be easy enough to do without making him look too awful.

That's all well and good but Ross doesn't have an agent, according to the well-informed Phil-equivalent on the St Mirren fans' forum.
Login to get fewer ads

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:24 - May 23 with 2372 viewsStokieBlue

Rather a lot of assumptions in there including the key assumption of hiring competence on Evans part.

I know people think I'm a wally for ending my posts with "SB" but any chance we could get the occasional paragraph in your posts so we can attempt to divine their underlying meaning?

SB
[Post edited 23 May 2018 13:25]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:24 - May 23 with 2366 viewsReuser_is_God

Er, yes he would hold out for Hurst.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:25 - May 23 with 2337 viewsDanFord

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:24 - May 23 by Reuser_is_God

Er, yes he would hold out for Hurst.

Only if he really thought Hurst was a cut above Ross. In which case why appoint Ross!

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:25 - May 23 with 2334 viewsReuser_is_God

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:21 - May 23 by ITFC_Forever

Football is lawless.

Sunderland will agree a deal with St Mirren, or it will end in a horrible mess, from which no parties emerge with any credit.

But it’s hard to see Ross coming here now.

Surely we must have an indication from Shrewsbury & Hurst that we can do a deal after the POs....?

Probably not.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:26 - May 23 with 2330 viewsSteve_M

Very symptomatic of 95% of Marcus Evans' time at ITFC. Poor judgement and decision making run through the last decade.

To think that one fairly gentle TV interview convinced so many he knew what he was doing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:27 - May 23 with 2318 viewsNorthstaNder

OP Maybe Ross didn't convince Evans that he was the man to guide ITFC back to some form of success (whatever we class success as these days).

No point in all this girly blubbing just because the man you wanted looks less likely to be appointed. We get who Evans wants, not you.

Also, you might want to change your avatar. It's weird.
Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:31 - May 23 with 2273 viewschicoazul

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:26 - May 23 by Steve_M

Very symptomatic of 95% of Marcus Evans' time at ITFC. Poor judgement and decision making run through the last decade.

To think that one fairly gentle TV interview convinced so many he knew what he was doing.

Yep. Anyone annoyed at this turn of events simply hasn't been paying attention for the last 10 years.

Although I should probably withhold judgment on that until we see who we *do* appoint.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:35 - May 23 with 2223 viewshomer_123

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:26 - May 23 by Steve_M

I posted on this at the time and said that if peoples view of Evans was altered by that interview they need their heads testing.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:42 - May 23 with 2158 viewsmrshallisfit

You seem to have lots of confidence in our our owner. I wonder why? His track record is not entirely faultless (i.e. pretty hopeless).
Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:45 - May 23 with 2123 viewsDanTheMan

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:42 - May 23 by mrshallisfit

You seem to have lots of confidence in our our owner. I wonder why? His track record is not entirely faultless (i.e. pretty hopeless).

Because he gave an interview! All is forgiven! 5 point plan everyone!

Agree with Joe, it was just so bloody predictable.

Bet Shrewsbury go up and Hurst turns us down now as well.

Such a shambles. What was Hurst going to say in the interview that would have dramatically changed things?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:46 - May 23 with 2099 viewsDanFord

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:42 - May 23 by mrshallisfit

Evans has explained what he wants and interviewed Ross twice, an impressive manager we'd all be happy to have, but one nobody really expected Evans to seek out. People assumed we'd go for the best has been that applied. Evans has been impressive in courting Hurst and Ross, the two outstanding young managers likely to see us as a step up. I give him huge credit for that. If he genuinely thought Ross was the man, then he'd have offered him a deal and a decent one. If Sunderland have topped a good offer that Evans made then not much we can do about that.

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:49 - May 23 with 2075 viewshype313

I don't buy this notion that he was our number one target, I get the impression Hurst is and has always been number one.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:50 - May 23 with 2062 viewsSmithy

If he really wanted to be here he would have waited regardless, the fact Sunderland have come in and gazumped us to me shows that he wasn't overly interested whether that was money, budget or something else and that money talks.

I'd sooner have somebody in who really wants to manage the club and won't be driven by money and has belief in his coaching ability.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:51 - May 23 with 2053 viewsSteve_M

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:31 - May 23 by chicoazul

Yep. Anyone annoyed at this turn of events simply hasn't been paying attention for the last 10 years.

Although I should probably withhold judgment on that until we see who we *do* appoint.

A friend of mine compared the news of our first interest in Ross to that in Charlie Austin. Looks prescient at this point in time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:52 - May 23 with 2050 viewshorsehollerer

Thought you nailed it with your subject line but then I realised you weren't talking about the over-reaction on here.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:53 - May 23 with 2044 viewsitfcjoe

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:49 - May 23 by hype313

I don't buy this notion that he was our number one target, I get the impression Hurst is and has always been number one.

The club are clearly leaking to TWTD and EADT that Ross is the forerunner

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:53 - May 23 with 2036 viewschicoazul

Utterly predictable and pathetic on 13:51 - May 23 by Steve_M

A friend of mine compared the news of our first interest in Ross to that in Charlie Austin. Looks prescient at this point in time.

"I had Kevin Phillips sat right where you are now.."

As I say i am all for hauling Evans over the coals but I need to see who we do get before castigating him too much. Conte could be in the market for a new job soon.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024