Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good start to the Tory conference then 08:17 - Oct 1 with 12507 viewsSteve_M

Hunt comparing the EU to the USSR (that's going to help gain support from countries that were occupied by the Soviets after WWII or indeed the Baltic nations), a Festival of Brexit Britain, a bridge to Ireland and a new Royal Yacht.

It's like they've been reading the madder comments of Mail and Telegraph readers which indeed is the whole intent of this week and sod the impact abroad.

Any pretence of being a serious, pragmatic country has been blown away by rabid jingoism over the last two years. The damage to this country's reputation will be enormous.

Good thing we have a competent opposition then.....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:16 - Oct 1 with 2514 viewsSteve_M

Still going well:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:17 - Oct 1 with 2508 viewsStokieBlue

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:09 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

I need to finish my PhD first but then Canada or New Zealand are looking quite appealing. Wait it out there and come back in 5 years when we've rejoined the EU and we've got the Euro.

All a good plan except the Euro bit - do you really want that?

What's your PhD in?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:20 - Oct 1 with 2497 viewsHerbivore

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:16 - Oct 1 by Keno

so what you are saying is not only will kick out all nasty foreign people we may also lose a lot of young talented people and Herbivore

The UK will get very empty very quickly

Oi!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:21 - Oct 1 with 2493 viewsJ2BLUE

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:16 - Oct 1 by Steve_M

There is a big difference between considering something and actually doing it. Plenty of practical reasons why people can't all emigrate but there is no doubt that this has become a more insular, less rational and - all but inevitably - poorer country after the last two years.

Yes i'm sure everyone who says that genuinely considers it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:21 - Oct 1 with 2493 viewsKeno

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:20 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

Oi!

haha!!

Sorry I could resist that one, it was too good to miss!!

Must admit if I was younger I would think very seriously about going to New Zealand

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:23 - Oct 1 with 2481 viewsHerbivore

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:17 - Oct 1 by StokieBlue

All a good plan except the Euro bit - do you really want that?

What's your PhD in?

SB

I'm indifferent when it comes to the Euro, there are pitfalls and benefits. I suspect when we rejoin though we won't have much choice.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:23 - Oct 1 with 2475 viewsfactual_blue

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:52 - Oct 1 by footers

Because he was the first person at the MoJ to have zero legal experience, probably.

He must have a stash of compromising photos hidden away somewhere. Can't see any other reason for it.

Even ids thought he was thick, which is something.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:26 - Oct 1 with 2460 viewsfooters

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:23 - Oct 1 by factual_blue

Even ids thought he was thick, which is something.

Oh, go on then. If I must...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:34 - Oct 1 with 2442 viewsBlueBadger

Good start to the Tory conference then on 08:30 - Oct 1 by ElephantintheRoom

Damage to our reputation? Brexit is already costing the country £500 million a week two years before it is due to happen. Actual and irreparable damage to the country is a tad more important.

If nothing else, the two party conferences have killed any vain hope I had of someone going 'actually let's be grown ups about this, admit it's an utter cluster*ck and call the whole sorry business off'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:41 - Oct 1 with 2424 viewsStokieBlue

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:23 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

I'm indifferent when it comes to the Euro, there are pitfalls and benefits. I suspect when we rejoin though we won't have much choice.

I agree we won't have a choice when we rejoin but it does make a big difference. Losing control of your own monetary policy can be incredibly bad as the Southern members of the EU have learnt.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good start to the Tory conference then on 14:15 - Oct 1 with 2345 viewsfactual_blue

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:21 - Oct 1 by Keno

haha!!

Must admit if I was younger I would think very seriously about going to New Zealand

It's a lovely place scenically, but a bit dull culturally.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good start to the Tory conference then on 14:21 - Oct 1 with 2341 viewsKeno

Good start to the Tory conference then on 14:15 - Oct 1 by factual_blue

It's a lovely place scenically, but a bit dull culturally.

thats enough about the Tory party conference, tho in all honesty I'm not sure whats scenic about it!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Good start to the Tory conference then on 15:00 - Oct 1 with 2314 viewsNo9

& the news today is that due to Ministers not doing due dilligence on Carrillion 780 of the subcontractors have gone bust.
Good start to the Tory conference then on 15:05 - Oct 1 with 2306 viewsNo9

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:31 - Oct 1 by footers

Been waiting on some substantive domestic policy from the blue corner for a while now. And here we have it!

1. Something nicked from Labour, described as communist
2. Ensuring tips to go servers not owners

I was surprised at the second one because i thought that had been dealt with a while ago.
Good start to the Tory conference then on 15:08 - Oct 1 with 2304 viewsMattinLondon

Good start to the Tory conference then on 15:05 - Oct 1 by No9

I was surprised at the second one because i thought that had been dealt with a while ago.

Why do we tip certain professions like restaurant staff? Have to admit I do but no idea why as they are simply doing their job.
Good start to the Tory conference then on 15:09 - Oct 1 with 2304 viewsfooters

Good start to the Tory conference then on 15:05 - Oct 1 by No9

They're going to include previously exempted venues such as White's, The Connaught and Ritz- a daring move.

Good start to the Tory conference then on 15:19 - Oct 1 with 2279 viewsNo9

Good start to the Tory conference then on 15:08 - Oct 1 by MattinLondon

Why do we tip certain professions like restaurant staff? Have to admit I do but no idea why as they are simply doing their job.

I rarely go to retaurants these days but if I do I always ask the wating staff who gets the tips, never put it on the card but give it in cash directly to the waiter preferably when the floor walker isn't looking
Good start to the Tory conference then on 15:29 - Oct 1 with 2262 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:21 - Oct 1 by Keno

haha!!

You and Herbivire will be in good company, these salt of the earth types will be needing some staff!
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/feb/15/why-silicon-valley-billionaires-are
https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/why-us-billionaires-want-property-in-new-ze

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Good start to the Tory conference then on 15:36 - Oct 1 with 2247 viewsNo9

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:16 - Oct 1 by Steve_M

Still going well:

Doesn't the aviation industry work on a series of agreed internatonal law which when the UK is outside the EU it will essentially have no way to work until laws apppliable to the UK as an independent country are agreed.
I was listening to this last week, as explained by an expert in aviation law.
It could take several years for the UK to get to the place it is now due as much as anything to competition wanting to take opportunities of others problems
So would Iberia fly BA flights and BA planes sit on the ground?
Good start to the Tory conference then on 17:13 - Oct 1 with 2191 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oops. Jeremy Rhyming Slang's gaff has taken an interesting twist. I didn't realise this about Tusk. (The interview with Tusk is worth a read - https://www.ft.com/content/72d9b928-7558-11e4-b1bf-00144feabdc0)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 17:18 - Oct 1 with 2186 viewstabletopjoe

Never thought he had it in him. Bravo

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Good start to the Tory conference then on 17:54 - Oct 1 with 2155 viewsNo9

Good start to the Tory conference then on 17:13 - Oct 1 by Swansea_Blue

Oops. Jeremy Rhyming Slang's gaff has taken an interesting twist. I didn't realise this about Tusk. (The interview with Tusk is worth a read - https://www.ft.com/content/72d9b928-7558-11e4-b1bf-00144feabdc0)

& the tories including their MEP's are supporting antisemitism in Hungary
Good start to the Tory conference then on 18:25 - Oct 1 with 2132 viewsfooters

What I'm wondering about is the line-up for BrexitFest!

How about...

***HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT STAGE***

Jim Davidson
Katie Hopkins

***RED, WHITE AND BLUE BREXIT STAGE***

Gary Barlow, OBE

***YOU'VE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD STAGE***

Status Quo

Any more Tory slebs to sell the hottest festival of 2019? Or will they have been deported by then?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 18:32 - Oct 1 with 2122 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not only is it a ridiculous and offence comparison to make, it's not even an original thought.

Tony Benn made the same comparison in 1996.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good start to the Tory conference then on 18:46 - Oct 1 with 2102 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good start to the Tory conference then on 17:54 - Oct 1 by No9

& the tories including their MEP's are supporting antisemitism in Hungary

That’s not as newsworthy as JC though, is it? This pandering to popularist bigotry/xenophobia is also a different cheek of the same butt imo. ‘Snowflakes’ like me jump up and down, but there should be widespread condemnation of this approach that’s typified by Hunt’s speach. The media should come down on him like a tonne of bricks, but I bet some will be applauding it (I’m guessing; haven’t really been able to follow things today).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024