Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ELO 15:20 - Oct 7 with 6643 viewsblueislander

Going to see ELO playing their home town of Birmingham on Friday. Should be a blast. Anyone else seen them on this latest tour?
ELO on 06:28 - Oct 8 with 1718 viewsBenters2

ELO on 15:38 - Oct 7 by RoyKeanesDog

Yes I was there shouting coming back on ELO and play another record.

Pray silence please for the Electric Light Orchestra..
ELO on 11:24 - Oct 8 with 1659 viewsRyorry

ELO on 17:39 - Oct 7 by north_stand77

Am seeing them on the 20th October at the O2. Really looking forward to it altho it means I will miss the QPR game.

I suppose tickets are long since gone? otherwise I might pull out all the stops to go for a very expensive night out! (not least the rail fare...)

Lucky you and others that are going or have seen, I never have, would just love to ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

ELO on 12:22 - Oct 8 with 1623 viewsJoHnNnY

Yup, twice... awesome.

It’s basically Take That’s backing band, with Jeff Lynn and Richard Tandy.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

ELO on 13:19 - Oct 8 with 1609 viewsbracknell_blue

Saw them in 1975 at uni just as Out of the Blue was about to break, so they were doing uni/college venues. Totally brilliant, especially one of the cello players doing a solo of "Flight of the Bumble Bee" and a rip-roaring version of Roll over Beethoven as an encore.

Talking of "older" bands, got tickets for the Eagles next June at Wembley and seeing Steve Hackett on Wednesday at the Regent doing a load of old Genesis stuff complete with orchestra.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

ELO on 20:39 - Oct 8 with 1568 viewsfarkenhell

ELO on 15:52 - Oct 7 by SWGF

Saw the last tour at the O2. Love ELO although Jeff Lynne isn't the most charismatic of front men!

Oi - Jeff Lynne is a demi-god to my boy, who is only 7 (and listens to the Traveling Wilburys constantly)!
ELO on 22:56 - Oct 8 with 1550 viewsMelford

ELO on 20:39 - Oct 8 by farkenhell

Oi - Jeff Lynne is a demi-god to my boy, who is only 7 (and listens to the Traveling Wilburys constantly)!

I think there's some Wilburys package coming out soon. George Harrison's FB page has being playing loads of Wilbury clips recently.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

ELO on 23:19 - Oct 8 with 1546 viewsFreddies_Ears

ELO on 13:19 - Oct 8 by bracknell_blue

Saw them in 1975 at uni just as Out of the Blue was about to break, so they were doing uni/college venues. Totally brilliant, especially one of the cello players doing a solo of "Flight of the Bumble Bee" and a rip-roaring version of Roll over Beethoven as an encore.

Talking of "older" bands, got tickets for the Eagles next June at Wembley and seeing Steve Hackett on Wednesday at the Regent doing a load of old Genesis stuff complete with orchestra.

You'll lurve Hackett. His early Genesis takes are brilliant, his solo stuff arguably even better.
ELO on 06:48 - Oct 9 with 1527 viewsCurrie10

ELO on 06:28 - Oct 8 by Benters2

Pray silence please for the Electric Light Orchestra..

I’ve had some pretty late night sessions myself. Yeah. In 1976, I saw ELO at the Birmingham NEC. I was there shouting with everyone else “Come back on, ELO, and carry on playing"
Login to get fewer ads

ELO on 11:09 - Oct 9 with 1502 viewsZedRodgers

ELO on 15:38 - Oct 7 by RoyKeanesDog

Yes I was there shouting coming back on ELO and play another record.

Beat me to it fella.

It is "carry on playing" though and not "play another record".

Ought to have a basic grasp of Partridge if you're going to make reference to him on an ELO thread.

No, not at the moment

ELO on 15:35 - Oct 9 with 1472 viewsCurrie10

ELO on 21:15 - Oct 7 by factual_blue

This is the best ELO song ever

Noooooooooo

Livin' thing!
ELO on 16:24 - Oct 9 with 1459 viewsblueislander

ELO on 15:35 - Oct 9 by Currie10

Noooooooooo

Livin' thing!

The correct answer is Hold on Tight.
ELO on 17:32 - Oct 9 with 1441 viewsGlasgowBlue

ELO on 16:24 - Oct 9 by blueislander

The correct answer is Hold on Tight.

The correct answer is the Secret Messages out-take called Hello My Old Friend. It was supposed to be the centerpiece of a double album before the record label told Jeff Lynne to cut it down to a single lp.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024