Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD 15:06 - Oct 17 with 14897 viewsmonytowbray

is that Nazi/Fascist/Racist apologists are a real problem in some corners of this forum, and not just from the people who would instantly suspect.

Apparently you can throw a Nazi salute at a fairly well known far right event and people will say "put he may have just been waving". You can get in trouble at work for attending a widely regarded racist march and people are more bothered about defending freedom of speech than actual fascists running around our streets throwing said Nazi salutes.

Granted, it is the minority, but some of you people who think you are impartial and sit on the fence in these matters really need to consider what bothers you more and how far you are willing to go to brush this type of stuff off as no big deal or say "BUT YOU'RE BEING MEAN TO THE NAZIS WHICH IS JUST AS BAD".

Even if you identify as right or far right, you are in some dangerously f*cked territory when you shrug your shoulders at Nazis.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 15:09]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:15 - Oct 17 with 1975 viewsgordon

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:23 - Oct 17 by itfcjoe

My 2 pence worth

The bloke throwing a Nazi salute is clearly a racist bellend, who deserves what he gets.

The bloke suspended from his job is harshly done by - I just don't think it is fair to describe the FLA march as 'actual fascists running around our streets'.

There seems a clear underlying Islamophobia in the FLA, but there are plenty there that are seemingly being manipulated by the powers that be running the show there.

Ultimately though it was a legal march with police permission, that turned violent when they were attacked from what I've read.

Calling everyone on that a fascist is wrong for me.

The suspended WHU coach works for an organisation with a global public profile, and he works with young people from diverse backgrounds and different countries. WHU will presumably have a positive, inclusive identity in mind that they want to reflect and uphold - if individual staff members aren't able to meet those standards then WHU will be under no obligation to continue employing them.
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:16 - Oct 17 with 1971 viewsBlueBadger

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 15:52 - Oct 17 by jjblue84

So yet another post attacking freedom of speech? When will it stop???

You're welcome to express your admiration for neo-nazis, it's just that you're not going to be immune from people calling you a pr1ck for it. That's how free speech works, snowflake.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:16 - Oct 17 with 1974 viewsGeoffSentence

Woah there Callis, freedom of speech is very important and does need to be defended, even if it means some bad guys get a bit of leeway.

I am a bit surprised that you are not concerned about loss of freedom of speech. I had you on the side of the good guys.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:19 - Oct 17 with 1955 viewsfactual_blue

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:08 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

You don't find it a teensy bit depressing that there's apparently plenty of people prepared to make excuses for membership of extremist groups on said football forum?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:25 - Oct 17 with 1952 viewsmos

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:08 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

You don't find it a teensy bit depressing that there's apparently plenty of people prepared to make excuses for membership of extremist groups on said football forum?

Free speech and all that, though I agree it is odd that some will defend the extreme right-winged groups such as the Nazis.

However I don’t particularly care, and I don’t know why anyone should; what’s the point in caring over someone else’s opinion across the Internet.

To go through the effort of creating a forum post to try and expose extreme right-wing sympathisers, and then bash them is rather sad IMO. I don’t think it is good for a person’s wellbeing to be getting worked up over another internet user’s beliefs.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:36 - Oct 17 with 1920 viewsBlueBadger

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:25 - Oct 17 by mos

Free speech and all that, though I agree it is odd that some will defend the extreme right-winged groups such as the Nazis.

However I don’t particularly care, and I don’t know why anyone should; what’s the point in caring over someone else’s opinion across the Internet.

To go through the effort of creating a forum post to try and expose extreme right-wing sympathisers, and then bash them is rather sad IMO. I don’t think it is good for a person’s wellbeing to be getting worked up over another internet user’s beliefs.

People not speaking out and not standing up is how we ended up with extremism rampant across the continent last century.

*applies Godwin's Law and closes the thread*

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:48 - Oct 17 with 1904 viewsm14_blue

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 15:49 - Oct 17 by Pendejo

IS this about West Ham coach man?

Did he throw a Nazi salute?
If he did he is a c unit of the lowest order.

The Nazi salute - is it only illegal in Germany? Surely this represents a hate crime?

HOWEVER

If he did not throw a Nazi salute, the march was legal, the group organizing it are not banned... it would be an erosion of free speech, something which allows people to have an alternative view to that each or any of us hold. As long as it is legal.

How is it an erosion of free speech?

The guy wasn't arrested or stopped from marching. As you say, the march was perfectly legal and, as far as I'm aware, no one was arrested for what they said or did.

West Ham are a private company and if they decide that group doesn't fit with their values then that's their prerogative, it's not a restriction of free speech. He can take them to a tribunal if he thinks he's been treated unfairly.

I don't agree with them btw.
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:52 - Oct 17 with 1897 viewsfactual_blue

Read Martin Niemöller's poem First They Came....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:52 - Oct 17 with 1898 viewsSwansea_Blue

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:36 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

People not speaking out and not standing up is how we ended up with extremism rampant across the continent last century.

It seems to me the difference in responses may be because of people's understanding of what the FLA are. Is it an openly neo-nazi organisation, or is there irrefutable evidence that it is? I thought it was more a thickos club (middle-aged, ex-hooligans) with a few nasty elements hijacking it?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:56 - Oct 17 with 1882 viewsjeera

Bad things happen when good people do nothing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:56 - Oct 17 with 1891 viewscrunchie1978

Virtue signal post of the day!
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:01 - Oct 17 with 1879 viewslowhouseblue

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:36 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

and dismissing people we disagreed with as extremists and as a 'basket of deplorables' is how we ended up with trump.

(i know that's simplistic and that the truth lies somewhere in the middle).
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 19:03]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:11 - Oct 17 with 1870 viewsTrequartista

So are all the punk rock bands that wore a swastika automatically nazis?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:27 - Oct 17 with 1849 viewsgordon

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:16 - Oct 17 by GeoffSentence

Woah there Callis, freedom of speech is very important and does need to be defended, even if it means some bad guys get a bit of leeway.

I am a bit surprised that you are not concerned about loss of freedom of speech. I had you on the side of the good guys.

There hasn't been any loss of freedom of speech.

People were allowed to march, and then a private entity who's staff member attended said march was allowed to make a decision about it's values, we've been allowed to talk about it, the individual, if he feels wronged, will be allowed to make a case in an employment tribunal, and then he'll be allowed to sell his story to a tabloid if he so wishes.
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:32 - Oct 17 with 1828 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s ok. They’ve got a banner that says in very small font, they are “against all forms of” racism and extremism.

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:40 - Oct 17 with 1809 viewsjjblue84

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:16 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

You're welcome to express your admiration for neo-nazis, it's just that you're not going to be immune from people calling you a pr1ck for it. That's how free speech works, snowflake.

Did I? Where?
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:42 - Oct 17 with 1804 viewsBlueBadger

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:01 - Oct 17 by lowhouseblue

and dismissing people we disagreed with as extremists and as a 'basket of deplorables' is how we ended up with trump.

(i know that's simplistic and that the truth lies somewhere in the middle).
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 19:03]

We ended up with Trump because the Democrats fielded an unimaginative, uninspiring candidate, not because people called his supporters nasty names.

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:47 - Oct 17 with 1789 viewsRyorry

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:10 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

Note to self. Remember this post as a contender for 'gif of the year' in the TWTD annual awards.

Would that be because it beautifully illustrates the degree of maturity of some of the posters on here?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:54 - Oct 17 with 1778 viewslowhouseblue

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:42 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

We ended up with Trump because the Democrats fielded an unimaginative, uninspiring candidate, not because people called his supporters nasty names.

not convinced by that. the candidate was certainly part of the failure to engage with blue collar workers - but that failure went far deeper. they had been dismissed as anti- immigrant racists by the liberal left well before they became trump supporters. persuasion and dialogue is always better than labels.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 21:21 - Oct 17 with 1721 viewsjimmyvet

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:27 - Oct 17 by monytowbray

I think Benters is trolling, but his recent efforts are getting a bit lazy.

Swerving is when you ignore the fact someone on a march is doing a Nazi salute ironically.

My goodness your such a hypocrite you rightly object to a group of extreme right wing goons making deplorable salutes yet you constantly defend the most disgusting fascism that is rife in the current Labour Party led by the far left please explain to me why you rightly despise these morons on the extreme right but defend the anti Semitic far left
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 21:40 - Oct 17 with 1697 viewsmonytowbray

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:11 - Oct 17 by Trequartista

So are all the punk rock bands that wore a swastika automatically nazis?

Did those punk bands show up at far right marches and do the salute?

Who needs context, aye?

TWTD never forgets…

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 21:42 - Oct 17 with 1694 viewsmonytowbray

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:54 - Oct 17 by lowhouseblue

not convinced by that. the candidate was certainly part of the failure to engage with blue collar workers - but that failure went far deeper. they had been dismissed as anti- immigrant racists by the liberal left well before they became trump supporters. persuasion and dialogue is always better than labels.

IT’S THE LEFT’S FAULT THE RIGHT WING EXISTS.

Sure, it has nothing to do with the fact America has been that way for years and buy into any white man who waves a flag around.

TWTD never forgets…

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 21:43 - Oct 17 with 1694 viewsgordon

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 19:54 - Oct 17 by lowhouseblue

Are you saying that the Democrat Party was calling large swathes of potential voters in swing states anti-immigrant racists?
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 21:50 - Oct 17 with 1681 viewsmonytowbray

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 21:21 - Oct 17 by jimmyvet

My goodness your such a hypocrite you rightly object to a group of extreme right wing goons making deplorable salutes yet you constantly defend the most disgusting fascism that is rife in the current Labour Party led by the far left please explain to me why you rightly despise these morons on the extreme right but defend the anti Semitic far left

When have I defended anti-semitism?

I know A LOT of “far left” people and I don’t know a single anti-semite, although I do know a few critical of the Israeli government. They’re quite different things. Anti-Semitism is a problem not exclusive to the left as the papers like you to believe because the idea of a Labour government has the 10% terrified: https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-antisemitism-political-parties

Also odd all these new posters keep popping up who seem to want to defend racism and have some knowledge of posters. Think Phil’s ban hammer has weakened lately in opening the door.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 21:55]

TWTD never forgets…

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 21:54 - Oct 17 with 1667 viewslowhouseblue

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 21:43 - Oct 17 by gordon

Are you saying that the Democrat Party was calling large swathes of potential voters in swing states anti-immigrant racists?

a basket of deplorables.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024